News Forum - Monday Covid Update: 187 deaths and 13,988 new cases

Thaiger

187 coronavirus-related deaths and 13,988 new Covid-19 infections were reported today by Thailand’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. In the 24-hour period since the last count, the CCSA has recorded 17,284 recoveries. There are now 148,622 patients being treated for Covid-19. The number of active cases has been on a downward slope over the past several weeks. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, the CCSA has recorded a total of 1,265,659 confirmed Covid-19 cases. Out of the new cases reported today, 444 were found in correctional facilities. More than 40,000 inmates at Thailand’s overcrowded prisons and […]

The post Monday Covid Update: 187 deaths and 13,988 new cases appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Thailand has passed it's peak"....hmmm I don't know about that.... You're not alone though. In my country, things are on the rise. Down turns in numbers could lure Thailand and any country into a false sense of security. "It's getting better..we can lift restrictions now". So you do and then 14 days later all hell breaks loose. The world view is t get vaccinated as soon as possible with whatever vaccine is available to you.

• Like 1

You think so ?

Yes the numbers are coming down but the number of tests being done is also coming down every day and has been for a period of time, add to that, these rapid tests are not counted until a PCR test is done, so I don't think the numbers are true.

TIT.

Total numbers of infections down.

Total number of infections Phuket up.

Total number of tests ?

Incomplete  statistics  lead to inaccurate conclusions.

• Like 3

My take on the topic is that the claim of “passed its peak” is premature because they just started allowing interprovincial travel from deep red zones. The situation in Phuket hasn’t improved, that’s for sure!!

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

Thailand has passed its Covid-19 peak, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.

What they really mean is Thailand has passed its peak in test. 

Test less find less CARELESS...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Griff1315 said:

Thailand has passed its Covid-19 peak, according to the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration.

What they really mean is Thailand has passed its peak in test. 

Test less find less CARELESS...

Agreed.

Only the death toll is less too, which usually happens on Mondays. Let's see how it goes this week.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Agreed.

Only the death toll is less too, which usually happens on Mondays. Let's see how it goes this week.

Even the reported  deaths are open to debate as many elderly people who die in home are never subject to autopsie or testing.

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

Even the reported  deaths are open to debate as many elderly people who die in home are never subject to autopsie or testing.

Absolutely. How they categorise the diseased is hardly foolproof.

But I think more consistent than the infection data that say absolutely nothing with a different size and non-random test-population each day.

My main worry is that they'll act irresponsibly to a small dip, causing a huge spike yet again. This isn't something you can analyse minute by minute.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Graham said:

... the number of tests being done is also coming down every day ...

2 hours ago, Nivram said:

Incomplete  statistics  lead to inaccurate conclusions.

45 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Even the reported deaths are open to debate ...

According to  a Thai friend of mine they have 30 known Covid cases in his village, and the village has locked itself down following the PYB's death from Covid.

Apparently only five of the 30 cases are in the provincial stats.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

According to  a Thai friend of mine they have 30 known Covid cases in his village, and the village has locked itself down following the PYB's death from Covid.

Not surprised.

I suspect the number of reported Covid19 deaths is kept on the low side as well. Where in other countries governments have been accused of (too) easily reporting direct cause of death as Covid19, perhaps here the reverse is the case in order to argue in favour of opening up. I guess we won't really know until we can compare annual data in the coming years.

11 minutes ago, Stonker said:

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Not surprised.

I suspect the number of reported Covid19 deaths is kept on the low side as well. Where in other countries governments have been accused of (too) easily reporting direct cause of death as Covid19, perhaps here the reverse is the case in order to argue in favour of opening up. I guess we won't really know until we can compare annual data in the coming years.

Speaks volumes.

Chinese Virus

Chinese Vaccines 

Chinese method of reporting cases and deaths.

That's why more and more countries don't trust Thailand and put it on their Rsd lists.

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

My main worry is that they'll act irresponsibly to a small dip, causing a huge spike yet again. 

I don't think it's a question of small dips and huge spikes anymore - previously I (and probably others) gave the numbers some credibility and thought that was what the government acted on, whether that was "irresponsibly" or not.

Now it's a bit like the old Jeep ad ....."see whatever you want to see" ...

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

I don't think it's a question of small dips and huge spikes anymore - previously I (and probably others) gave the numbers some credibility and thought that was what the government acted on, whether that was "irresponsibly" or not.

Now .....

I hope you're right.

Yet other countries still see dips and spikes. Even the UK with a huge number of vaccinated people.

Yes, they will see fewer severely sick people and deaths. But we don't have that level of vaccination and opening up here will have a different result.

If 1/10 they really let go of the measures as now planned and as previously stated in the 120 day speech, I think by Christmas we'll be sorry again. Unless they start jabbing like crazy.

1 minute ago, Ynwaps said:

I've got a useless second PCR test coming up tomorrow.

Appreciate any tips to convince the hotel staff to not ram the stick up my nose again 🥲

Do as the Chinese do, & bend over....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Ynwaps said:

I've got a useless second PCR test coming up tomorrow.

Appreciate any tips to convince the hotel staff to not ram the stick up my nose again 🥲

Yes, see below

691c0ce32d038795e96062d95329921d5e9205ee.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Speaks volumes.

Chinese Virus

Chinese Vaccines 

Chinese method of reporting cases and deaths.

That's why more and more countries don't trust Thailand and put it on their Rsd lists.

I don't think it's completely Chinese, do you?

Enjoy your evening.

4 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Yes I'm afraid I and most of the world do.

Well, bless your innocence sir. I wasn't aware you knew so many people. What are their names, if I may be so bold?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Now it's a bit like the old Jeep ad ....."see whatever you want to see" ...

P.S.

The government are already covering themselves...

Numbers could go up to 30.000, and blaming the citizens in advance!

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2177155/new-covid-cases-dip-below-14-000-but-could-reach-30-000

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

I hope you're right.

I hope to God I'm not!!!

If I am then Thailand's going to be going into the new year with everything open, no travel or any other restrictions, and less than a third of the population fully vaccinated.