News Forum - Over 7,000 travellers fly following easing of restrictions

Thaiger

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Maybe simply a plastic bag over the head would solve the problem, Thai police could distribute them free 😐

The flaw in that, which the average Joe assumingly would not think through:

The breathing resistance is going up. A lot, 'at the end'

So I do stick with valved maskes ;-)

5 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I may be the first in line to get back in..but im double vaxxed.....

Yes but that is not the problem. You can still bring in the virus and spread it around even though you more than likely from being double vaccinated are at no harm risk of having any problems. I really don't care if a few come in on ASQ or having a better safe cheaper way under some sort of quarantine health checking system who are trying to get back to their home, but I do care about advertising and openly letting in hundreds and thousands of domestic Thai or foreigners coming in from abroad who more than likely will be going everywhere being every crevice and area more than likely super spreading the virus to every imaginable corner up here.

What they propose is not a bubble, it is insanity of not even remotely to being a small contained little area and an idiotic moronic plan for which disregards people's safety for which they have been doing this as ignoring people's safety interests for a long time by not importing and allowing good vaccines from before.

CM folk are not vaccinated by a long long shot in a small majority, and until they bring in good vaccines and have most of the majority of people who stay and live here able to get jabbed, I am totally anti anyone coming here and setting off a virus fire. But don't get me wrong, it is just not the time for this BS, but after progress has been made and the majority of CM province people are vaccinated with a good vaccine of their choice, then ok.

Even put it this way, I just was lucky to get a Pfizer jab the other day, but the first jab becomes effective to protect when? Weeks? And then the second jab is in 3 weeks from now and then that even takes time to build itself up to full protection. In the meantime my 2 kids here, my wife, all my neighbors and their neighbors and so on and so on all are not vaccinated even with 1. And once they get their first jab then this is again not immediate and takes time until after their second jab, which is well well well into the idiocy of tourism time of being allowed here and has opened a full pandora's box.

Nothing against you coming here PapayaBokBok, but under the right conditions and at the right time, and so presently it is not even ok here at this time as is very vulnerable to say the least. But all that said, no one can tell these idiotic elite or this J u - n t a anything as they are all fully vaccinated and have zero worries and want to tell everyone what to do and even what to jab with. I understand your feelings and even my many of US friends waiting to come and have some fun here again, but even they in the USA are p - iss ed off because of what is happening there again because of certain things and people. But at least in the USA anyone who wanted to be vaccinated with their choice of vaccine would have already been vaccinated. and this is hands down. I don't think vaccines are the best idea, but it is the only thing we as people have going or will be risking the consequences if your body cannot fight the virus properly. My thought is, get enough vaccinated and hopefully this will go away to a point we don't have to think about these stupid shots and what they could do to us, and allowing big Pharma to make huge huge money and run our lives on this. 

Ok, time for my second cup of coffee. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes but that is not the problem. You can still bring in the virus and spread it around even though you more than likely from being double vaccinated are at no harm risk of having any problems. I really don't care if a few come in on ASQ or having a better safe cheaper way under some sort of quarantine health checking system who are trying to get back to their home, but I do care about advertising and openly letting in hundreds and thousands of domestic Thai or foreigners coming in from abroad who more than likely will be going everywhere being every crevice and area more than likely super spreading the virus to every imaginable corner up here.

What they propose is not a bubble, it is insanity of not even remotely to being a small contained little area and an idiotic moronic plan for which disregards people's safety for which they have been doing this as ignoring people's safety interests for a long time by not importing and allowing good vaccines from before.

CM folk are not vaccinated by a long long shot in a small majority, and until they bring in good vaccines and have most of the majority of people who stay and live here able to get jabbed, I am totally anti anyone coming here and setting off a virus fire. But don't get me wrong, it is just not the time for this BS, but after progress has been made and the majority of CM province people are vaccinated with a good vaccine of their choice, then ok.

Even put it this way, I just was lucky to get a Pfizer jab the other day, but the first jab becomes effective to protect when? Weeks? And then the second jab is in 3 weeks from now and then that even takes time to build itself up to full protection. In the meantime my 2 kids here, my wife, all my neighbors and their neighbors and so on and so on all are not vaccinated even with 1. And once they get their first jab then this is again not immediate and takes time until after their second jab, which is well well well into the idiocy of tourism time of being allowed here and has opened a full pandora's box.

Nothing against you coming here PapayaBokBok, but under the right conditions and at the right time, and so presently it is not even ok here at this time as is very vulnerable to say the least. But all that said, no one can tell these idiotic elite or this J u - n t a anything as they are all fully vaccinated and have zero worries and want to tell everyone what to do and even what to jab with. I understand your feelings and even my many of US friends waiting to come and have some fun here again, but even they in the USA are p - iss ed off because of what is happening there again because of certain things and people. But at least in the USA anyone who wanted to be vaccinated with their choice of vaccine would have already been vaccinated. and this is hands down. I don't think vaccines are the best idea, but it is the only thing we as people have going or will be risking the consequences if your body cannot fight the virus properly. My thought is, get enough vaccinated and hopefully this will go away to a point we don't have to think about these stupid shots and what they could do to us, and allowing big Pharma to make huge huge money and run our lives on this. 

That message was enough for the whole coffee pot! 🤣

Short and sweet:

They can't even contain it on an island with many additional strict measures where people were vaccinated for their protection!

How the hell are they going to contain it in a non-restricted area where virtually nobody had their jab?

And always the madness of first announcing a date, and then starting to think. Morons!

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Thanks Mods for deleting. Sorry guys. Had to have it removed as need to find the real on record cause of death. The family said one thing and I just read in the news another. Could be the same person or not, but I can't take that chance of pushing something like that out there if it officially is labelled a different way. So at this point is we know my daughter's high school friend's father just passed away in CM the other day from something related. Gotta leave it at that.

2 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Thanks Mods for deleting. Sorry guys. Had to have it removed as need to find the real on record cause of death. The family said one thing and I just read in the news another. Could be the same person or not, but I can't take that chance of pushing something like that out there if it officially is labelled a different way. So at this point is we know my daughter's high school friend's father just passed away in CM the other day from something related. Gotta leave it at that.

Could you find out the facts and keep us informed ?

Also , the Thai media do sometimes get things wrong 

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

I will ask again later today and can let you guys know more. But definitely a touchy subject as I see it, and that was definitely not the way I heard it. 

7 hours ago, Guest1 said:

They are just not looking to protect YOU or others.

They are just trying to protect themselves with a best fitting mask and as less breathing resistance, as possible.

Which in a world of vaccinated people should be ok, I think!

Btw, often these "valves" are not even working, b/c the pressure to open that valve would lift the sides of the mask, first!

True, but the main benefit of wearing a mask is that I protect you by wearing one and you protect me by wearing one. 

4 hours ago, Soidog said:

True, but the main benefit of wearing a mask is that I protect you by wearing one and you protect me by wearing one. 

That works in special very good with all the vaccinated but can be infected people around!

Also every bycicle delivery driver will tell you different:

He don't wanna have that crap from the air around in his lunges. And he don't care, what crap he adds in there, on top.

Aside that from KN/FFP masks on, protecting YOU is an addional feature!

They are mainly made to protect the user. Not against viruses, KN 94, KN95, FFP2 or3, they do not filter viruses, PM2.5 even less (They often come with valves, too!)

BUT: They do filter aerosoles, which means they also 'do' viruses in the aerosole that someone is breathing out.

Also, looking at all the people with this device unter the 'medical masks', worrying some valve breather is useless. Because you breath in and out on the side, now!

000.jpg

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep your comment on the anti vaxxers here is a leading cause of me wanting out of this madhouse....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Yep your comment on the anti vaxxers here is a leading cause of me wanting out of this madhouse....

Are you referring to me bringing up my friends in the USA being p-s-sed off? Then if that is the point then I have to agree with you. From my family to friends in the USA and from what we see on the news, it is completely a nut job house there in the USA. And why did you give me a sad emoji? All I said is they should not plainly and freely open up CM as a target destination scheme as no one is vaccinated here, but under good certain conditions having ASQ or something more similar ok and more affordable would be fine. Just not open the door and come one come all. That is insane. So no, I did not say stay away. But reality is it is not the time to open it up here as a freeway for tourism in CM as is just a time bomb waiting to happen. As you would be double jabbed and would stay for some time in Thailand, then why would an affordable ASQ or even going to an already open Phuket sandbox with freedom to go out be out of the question in order to get back here and buy your Sangsom? Only thing is I am saying is CM is extremely vulnerable right now.

Other than that, you get up here after that then CM is pretty open. But if they open it as they were or are suggesting, that will shut pretty darn fast and CM would be no fun. Anyway, hope you can solve the travel stuff and get over here and enjoy being with the nut jobs over here. BTW, I see people openly drinking by the moat with a friend or two and some bars on Loy Kroh having foreigners and their coffee mugs. So it is not all that bad. Cheers.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fluke said:

Not sick with the virus.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Are you referring to me bringing up my friends in the USA being p-s-sed off? Then if that is the point then I have to agree with you. From my family to friends in the USA and from what we see on the news, it is completely a nut job house there in the USA. And why did you give me a sad emoji? All I said is they should not plainly and freely open up CM as a target destination scheme as no one is vaccinated here, but under good certain conditions having ASQ or something more similar ok and more affordable would be fine. Just not open the door and come one come all. That is insane. So no, I did not say stay away. But reality is it is not the time to open it up here as a freeway for tourism in CM as is just a time bomb waiting to happen. As you would be double jabbed and would stay for some time in Thailand, then why would an affordable ASQ or even going to an already open Phuket sandbox with freedom to go out be out of the question in order to get back here and buy your Sangsom? Only thing is I am saying is CM is extremely vulnerable right now.

Other than that, you get up here after that then CM is pretty open. But if they open it as they were or are suggesting, that will shut pretty darn fast and CM would be no fun. Anyway, hope you can solve the travel stuff and get over here and enjoy being with the nut jobs over here. BTW, I see people openly drinking by the moat with a friend or two and some bars on Loy Kroh having foreigners and their coffee mugs. So it is not all that bad. Cheers.

Ive had enough of Making America Great..or tired of "winning" as some have said....Im an expat and not interested in tourist things I just lead a simple life in Cm and ride my bike daily--eat street food and go back to my studio room and watch a movie on laptop..boring and quiet is fine...I may have some sangsom once or 2x a month just to get out and be social.....I guess my :( was that Ive been waiting a year to return and now seems that could be possible..but having always been an outsider there seems even gents like yourself have joined in on the "we dont want you" diatribe.....covid is everywhere..even in the states in only half vaxxed due to covidiots and politics as people are dying and even taking horse dewormer!!! and then get sick and go to a hospital where some have to choose who gets the last bed..imagine having covid and your life goes up against some idiot that took horse meds!....I wear my mask even if i dont need to--im fully vaxxed..ive gone out one day a week since march 2020 for groceries..Im trying to be part of the solution and not part of the problem, so whats the answer?  Am I the threat?  I dont make the rules...If my not coming, is that the solution?...no one is safe until we all are safe..would help if people just would work together as we can all clearly see , esp in the states how this may never be gone because of ignorant and entitled folks and their freedums...what about mine? Ive done what was needed,am I not allowed to live my life as well???  As now my freedoms and life has become carrying the burden of the selfish unvaccinated...

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 12:39 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Id do an ASQ in Cm if was required......I was even looking at BKK asq hotels in case if needed to suck it up

Id do an ASQ in Cm if was required......I was even looking at BKK asq hotels in case if needed to suck it up

Hi PapayaBokBok. Nothing against you coming here as I am just looking at it from my own practical safe viewpoint for my family and all the CM people Thai and and foreigners alike until the situation gets better with mass vaccinations. But one problem here is the fatheads really do not give a rats toot about what the people wish to have in a vaccine ( or in general life and country) and keep pushing what their pre planned agenda is. People can say there is a lack of vaccines and such or they take time to get, but all the time with these bozos here in Thailand it is just yet another tactic of just smoke and mirrors and backpedaling in order to what looks to be appeasing a few entities I would rather not directly mention at this time.

No one wants to take any vaccine but if have to we all want the choice and not to be forced as what they will only offer, but at this point no one is vaccinated in any large level even thought the numbers they push out might say otherwise. CM is very vulnerable is all I can reiterate once again.

For you saying "we and I don't want you diatribe" is not true. But for me saying open free no problem season for come one come all to CM tourism plan under an idiotic CM province bubble plan or no problem just come with out no problems as is open now is plain BS and so me and my family and everyone we know here says no. We have family in Bangkok and we have told them they cannot come up and stay with us. One is even my daughter, wife's sisters and their little kids, our mother etc. We love them and talk to them everyday, but if they can't come, as for us is wise to hold oput and say no, then why would we want people we don't know to openly come in with out any checking or restrictions walking and going everywhere imaginable here? Correct. We don't. Everyone has a good idea of who is local by the looks of us/them more or less. For me I am widely seen foreigner after 20 years, and the other foreigner here easy to see as well. Thai Bangkok people also act and look a different way, so there is some sort of visual or feeling, well at least I think there is. Hope that doesn't sound so off the wall stupid.

For ASQ. That is all I was referring to and for me is more than enough to help keep us safe here if one goes through that process, and yes I did write it that way as is the best only preferred way to get back here.. So if you need to get out of the US because it is just chaotic and divided, please do an ASQ. Also I would not want to think what would happen if a foreigner did openly come here and inadvertently without checks and restrictions spread the virus around. It was already bad at one time with the Thai looking at us as the problem because of some big self-centered egotistical A-hole in the government flapping his ignorant mouth. But that has died down thank goodness.

For the Phuket sandbox it is ok, but then the problem is people still will come into contact with infected people during and after being allowed out to open travel the country, and there you have our problem again of being freely able to come to CM which quite possibly opens up the Pandora's virus box being spread around here again.

Anyway, I do sympathize with you, but am not against coming here if do it the safe way and then come and enjoy and be happy. For now CM is still quite enjoyable, open, fun and happy, but it only takes a few to stupidly selfishly ignorantly come here and make it a virus nightmare such as the latest idiotic opening plan is more than likely going to make it.

Good luck, and once you are here I might even consider having a drink with you one time or the other if that ever is in the cards.

BTW, what state and are are you coming from in the USA? I seem to have missed that or never saw it or forgot  it.

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Hi PapayaBokBok. Nothing against you coming here as I am just looking at it from my own practical safe viewpoint for my family and all the CM people Thai and and foreigners alike until the situation gets better with mass vaccinations. But one problem here is the fatheads really do not give a rats toot about what the people wish to have in a vaccine ( or in general life and country) and keep pushing what their pre planned agenda is. People can say there is a lack of vaccines and such or they take time to get, but all the time with these bozos here in Thailand it is just yet another tactic of just smoke and mirrors and backpedaling in order to what looks to be appeasing a few entities I would rather not directly mention at this time.

No one wants to take any vaccine but if have to we all want the choice and not to be forced as what they will only offer, but at this point no one is vaccinated in any large level even thought the numbers they push out might say otherwise. CM is very vulnerable is all I can reiterate once again.

For you saying "we and I don't want you diatribe" is not true. But for me saying open free no problem season for come one come all to CM tourism plan under an idiotic CM province bubble plan or no problem just come with out no problems as is open now is plain BS and so me and my family and everyone we know here says no. We have family in Bangkok and we have told them they cannot come up and stay with us. One is even my daughter, wife's sisters and their little kids, our mother etc. We love them and talk to them everyday, but if they can't come, as for us is wise to hold oput and say no, then why would we want people we don't know to openly come in with out any checking or restrictions walking and going everywhere imaginable here? Correct. We don't. Everyone has a good idea of who is local by the looks of us/them more or less. For me I am widely seen foreigner after 20 years, and the other foreigner here easy to see as well. Thai Bangkok people also act and look a different way, so there is some sort of visual or feeling, well at least I think there is. Hope that doesn't sound so off the wall stupid.

For ASQ. That is all I was referring to and for me is more than enough to help keep us safe here if one goes through that process, and yes I did write it that way as is the best only preferred way to get back here.. So if you need to get out of the US because it is just chaotic and divided, please do an ASQ. Also I would not want to think what would happen if a foreigner did openly come here and inadvertently without checks and restrictions spread the virus around. It was already bad at one time with the Thai looking at us as the problem because of some big self-centered egotistical A-hole in the government flapping his ignorant mouth. But that has died down thank goodness.

For the Phuket sandbox it is ok, but then the problem is people still will come into contact with infected people during and after being allowed out to open travel the country, and there you have our problem again of being freely able to come to CM which quite possibly opens up the Pandora's virus box being spread around here again.

Anyway, I do sympathize with you, but am not against coming here if do it the safe way and then come and enjoy and be happy. For now CM is still quite enjoyable, open, fun and happy, but it only takes a few to stupidly selfishly ignorantly come here and make it a virus nightmare such as the latest idiotic opening plan is more than likely going to make it.

Good luck, and once you are here I might even consider having a drink with you one time or the other if that ever is in the cards.

BTW, what state and are are you coming from in the USA? I seem to have missed that or never saw it or forgot  it.

Cheers.

Understood...im outside DC..long way to Cm    DC-Layover-LAX-TPE-BKK-CNX---take the long way home..

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Understood...im outside DC..long way to Cm    DC-Layover-LAX-TPE-BKK-CNX---take the long way home..

Isn't it faster to go the other way round? With TPE shut down for transit I booked through FRA from Seattle. About 6 hours longer than my usual TPE routing but about half of the difference is the FRA layover.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamesE said:

Isn't it faster to go the other way round? With TPE shut down for transit I booked through FRA from Seattle. About 6 hours longer than my usual TPE routing but about half of the difference is the FRA layover.

jet lag as Ive gone east first few times....I find going west and domestic from east coast to LAX--catch red eye after midnight--get fed--have wine and "dope out""..wake in taiwan and feel "on time" with body clock..

stretch my legs in tpe--nice airport---bounce to BKK for immig--exchange money--sim card--etc and then fly vietjet to CNX from swampy.....as time is opposite from where I start and finish it just feels "normal" sleeping from LAX to TPE on red eye haul across pacific......as I go thru all these diff time zones...time traveler!

Yep I like EVA and they have some flights from Seattle and also have flights to CNX if the open come Oct 1

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Also there us usually a long long layover in Doha as I tried that once  14 hrs!!!...my route works best for me as I get little breaks to get out of that cramped seat--I take only a carry on also and no jet lag and cheap price...

2 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

jet lag as Ive gone east first few times....I find going west and domestic from east coast to LAX--catch red eye after midnight--get fed--have wine and "dope out""..wake in taiwan and feel "on time" with body clock..

stretch my legs in tpe--nice airport---bounce to BKK for immig--exchange money--sim card--etc and then fly vietjet to CNX from swampy.....as time is opposite from where I start and finish it just feels "normal" sleeping from LAX to TPE on red eye haul across pacific......as I go thru all these diff time zones...time traveler!

Yep I like EVA and they have some flights from Seattle and also have flights to CNX if the open come Oct 1

I hate flying east. I'm already stressing over my sleep schedule.

10 minutes ago, JamesE said:

I hate flying east. I'm already stressing over my sleep schedule.

West is Best Ive found--will always avoid going east and I find cheaper and better flights from westward-LAX

And total trip is about 24 hr..albeit add a few hrs for layovers to stretch my legs a bit

One side of the planet to the other....cant get much further from DC to BKK on a globe

Edited by PapayaBokBok
  • Like 1

Yeah and the cold to winter is fast coming there with the all so many American lunatics running around like a headless angry chicken. Good luck on getting here by the best safest way that protects everyone possible.

Yesterday we got the black news that the glorious b-turds have graciously allocated about 29,000 Sinobunk jabs to the good healthy people of CM, and then a trivial some (not sure how many) of Sinopharm for the over 60 and ones that have existing health problems. Doesn't get any better on that note telling you how CM is doing and vulnerable. My kids and wife opt to say no and hold out as most will say and try to do. 29,000 doesn't even dent the CM province population by a long shot anyway even if it was a good vaccine.

Yep, your run from DC to here is one seriously long arse kicking journey to get here. I normally came from Ca and that is long enough, but with yours I would think would for you coming from DC to LAX adds or can add an additional 5 or so hours depending how you time it. 

Hope something good turns up and you can get back in to stay here without so much money going out or hoops to jump.