News Forum - British man Barry found 3 days after getting lost in forest

Thaiger

7 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Careful now! (:-)

The biggest laugh was the names.... "Lurkio" for example.

Oh and the title ''Up Pompey'' (Pompeii being a town and Pompey the name of a general).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BJoe said:

Another clueless Brit wandering without a cowbell.

You should be ashamed of yourself making a smart arse comment like that.

Things like that can happen to any older person, of any nationality, careful it never happens to you, which it could.

You would not be so damned clever then ,would you.

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You should be ashamed of yourself making a smart arse comment like that.

Things like that can happen to any older person, of any nationality, careful it never happens to you, which it could.

You would not be so damned clever then ,would you.

I agree.

I walk upstairs sometimes to do something, I get to the top of the stair, the mobile rings, I answer it, chat, then finish the call and then I wonder what I came upstair for, I hope that is normal at the age of 65?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I agree.

I walk upstairs sometimes to do something, I get to the top of the stair, the mobile rings, I answer it, chat, then finish the call and then I wonder what I came upstair for, I hope that is normal at the age of 65?

Some of us can only hope to reach 65 years.  I am not that far off.  If I am upstairs for no apparent reason  I will likely head for the toilet and sit down and contemplate life for awhile.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I agree.

As men get older and more forgetful they tend to talk to Jesus a lot more than they used to - I know I do.  Just the other day I walked into the spare bedroom and said:  "Jesus, what the phark did I come in here for."

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

As men get older and more forgetful they tend to talk to Jesus a lot more than they used to - I know I do.  Just the other day I walked into the spare bedroom and said:  "Jesus, what the phark did I come in here for."

So funny, except I don't use the word phark. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Some of us can only hope to reach 65 years.  I am not that far off.  If I am upstairs for no apparent reason  I will likely head for the toilet and sit down and contemplate life for awhile.

The good thing in Thailand though is you have the hosepipe attached to the toilet bowl, you give yourself a good squirt of water with it up the you know  what after the you know what, then you think to yourself "Well that was pleasant, I hope I am not turning gay" as you look at your wife when you go downstairs. 

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 2

it is a terrible thing  to be lost in the wilderness.  Some people just give up and die. I have read a few books about this.  The experienced woodsman is no more likely to survive than a young girl, 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JamesR said:

The good thing in Thailand though is you have the hosepipe attached to the toilet bowl, you give yourself a good squirt of water with it up the you know  what after the you know what, then you think to yourself "Well that was pleasant, I hope I am not turning gay" as you look at your wife when you go downstairs. 

This may be the reason it is called the land of smiles.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

What's with men and bike and hike? it becomes dangerously associated. BTW, I am trying to get a bike license!

Don't do it, drive a big car over there, I mean a big car as you life is worth more than a few dollars. 

We only live once. 

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Craft moment:

Can't remember a f***** thing.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, bushav8r said:

Good book/movie.

Do mean it's similar to The Cave  (2019)?  Except this would be role reversal, with the Brit being rescued by Thais.
I bet our illustrious leader would be keen to sponsor it.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, BJoe said:

Another clueless Brit wandering without a cowbell.

You must be one of those Bogon chappies, that decent Australian's ridicule.

• Haha 3

On 9/4/2021 at 4:12 AM, PapayaBokBok said:

Waiting for one of the posters here to admit they are "Barry"......

Just find the member who was absent for those 3 days...