News Forum - Thailand to prioritise vaccination of over 50s, who make up 80% of Covid deaths

Thaiger

I think it's been a norm around the world, that the elderly and those with comorbities are first priority for vaccination. It has also been a widely accepted process to then cascade vaccination down through the age groups, oldest to youngest. That was very much the case last year, but the "goal posts" have shifted with the advent of the Delta variant. This variant is far more contagious than the original strains and causes severe illness and death across the age spectrum. Now there is a greater urgency about vaccinating the young (right down to 12 years). Below that age there are no studies about the efficacy of vaccines, in part, because the focus has been on the older age group. The difficulty is that the supply of vaccines for those under 60 years of age, Pfizer, Moderna and others are in short supply around the world. As far as I am aware (and I'm happpy to be corrected), only Astra Zeneca has given license for it's vaccine to be produced by other countries. Maybe, the leaders of countries could bring joint pressure to bear on Pfizer and Moderna to follow the lead of Astra Zeneca and give license to be produced in countries other than the US. Maybe the US could add it's voice to that chorus and force it to happen. This is a world crisis and there is no real recovery, unless we all recover!  

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

Because now have Pfizer for the kids can go back to school.

Have Astra for the old people. They already do it. My parents, uncles etc.

And Sino for under 50. For me. 2 already. Get Booster later when have enough. 

So is this perfect plan you seem to have been a part of available for everyone in Thailand? When did this perfect plan start and at what rate is this taking place? Had Thailand been doing this since let’s say April (Ministers we’re getting them in March), and injecting 500,000 a day, then by now 75,000,000 doses would have been administered. It’s currently running at less than half that amount and the majority is the less effective Sinovac. 

You see the problem I have @Yinn is that you describe the obvious and none of us would be commenting on the problem if this is what was actually happening. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Yinn said:

For me I want Pfizer the most.

But ok with sino. 

Not really want risk blood clot with Astra. Nervous that one. 

I want Pfizer booster or moderna.

No Sinojunk for me or my family and correct, AZ not worth risking for the blood clot like you said. Especially with my family having my wife under 50 and kids one mid 20 and the other 2 low 20's. We will wait and pay as we have always thought to do. Let us pay and have what we choose.

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

2 Sinovac might as well take an aspirin. They overpaid for a inferior vaccine and fobbed it off onto the good people of Thailand 

Shame on them...

Sinovac is approved in Netherlands, Spain and Sweden among others as valid proof of vaccination for entering the country. It is the same technology as in the influenza shots aka inactivated virus or virus parts. Tried and tested for decades. They even have 1 million baht insurance for vaccinated in case of coma or death or 30 000 for less sick leave type of side effects. No other vaccine producer offers this in Thailand.

The mRNA vaccines are programming cells to produce the spike protein of the virus surface instead, to trigger an immune system response. That spike protein is itself a toxin, according to latest research.

"Researchers from the University of Bristol have found that the spike protein binds to cells called pericytes which line the small vessels of the heart. This binding triggers a cascade of changes which disrupt normal cell function, and lead to the release of chemicals that cause inflammation. This happened even when the protein was no-longer attached to the virus."

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2021/august/covid-19-spike-protein-binds-to-and-changes-cells-in-the-heart

So basically that vaccine commands your body to produce a toxin to your body. Not only that they had to up the dosage heavily to produce a lot of spike proteins. That is because they needed the immune system to respond to the spike protein alone without the whole virus. What could possibly go wrong?! And it seems a lot is going wrong with too many people.

Norway has already 25000 side effect reports from mRNA vaccines and had to hire more people to handle them all. Nothing like this has happened before that vaccine side effect report systems are overwhelmed with reports.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Sinovac is approved in Netherlands, Spain and Sweden among others as valid proof of vaccination for entering the country. It is the same technology as in the influenza shots aka inactivated virus or virus parts. Tried and tested for decades. They even have 1 million baht insurance for vaccinated in case of coma or death or 30 000 for less sick leave type of side effects. No other vaccine producer offers this in Thailand.

The mRNA vaccines are programming cells to produce the spike protein of the virus surface instead, to trigger an immune system response. That spike protein is itself a toxin, according to latest research.

"Researchers from the University of Bristol have found that the spike protein binds to cells called pericytes which line the small vessels of the heart. This binding triggers a cascade of changes which disrupt normal cell function, and lead to the release of chemicals that cause inflammation. This happened even when the protein was no-longer attached to the virus."

https://www.bhf.org.uk/what-we-do/news-from-the-bhf/news-archive/2021/august/covid-19-spike-protein-binds-to-and-changes-cells-in-the-heart

So basically that vaccine commands your body to produce a toxin to your body. Not only that they had to up the dosage heavily to produce a lot of spike proteins. That is because they needed the immune system to respond to the spike protein alone without the whole virus. What could possibly go wrong?! And it seems a lot is going wrong with too many people.

Norway has already 25000 side effect reports from mRNA vaccines and had to hire more people to handle them all. Nothing like this has happened before that vaccine side effect report systems are overwhelmed with reports.

All well and good its approval by a few countries that to my knowledge don't use it themselves makes it a good vaccine? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

All well and good its approval by a few countries that to my knowledge don't use it themselves makes it a good vaccine? 

No vaccine currently works more than 6-7 months at best before fading rapidly. That is what even Pfizer admitted. That is why it is not working so well anymore in Israel (early adopters). It is also possible that mRNA booster shots will make things even worse because of the spike protein side effects.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

No vaccine currently works more than 6-7 months at best before fading rapidly. That is what even Pfizer admitted. That is why it is not working so well anymore in Israel (early adopters). It is also possible that mRNA booster shots will make things even worse because of the spike protein side effects.

6 months with some level of protection is better than what Sinovac provides.

At it's best 51% rapidly falling efficacy.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

6 months with some level of protection is better than what Sinovac provides.

At it's best 51% rapidly falling efficacy.

Ivermectin (you can find the studies in ivmmeta.com) seems to provide about 85 percent protection against the virus as a preventive measure. One dosage per week, no need for injections. Personally I don't see any need to become another mRNA experimental vaccine guinea pig. If I have to take a shot, Sinovac it is for me.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Ivermectin (you can find the studies in ivmmeta.com) seems to provide about 85 percent protection against the virus as a preventive measure. One dosage per week, no need for injections. Personally I don't see any need to become another mRNA experimental vaccine guinea pig. If I have to take a shot, Sinovac it is for me.

Fully agree on that one with you Jack!

12 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

7 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Fully agree on that one with you Jack!

Hope it works for you but rightly or wrongly without proof of vaccination your going to find it a very small world in the near future.

I in no way agree with it but the big government's of the world are slowly but surely insist on some form of Covid Vaccine Passport.

Thank China

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

That's what I used to say when I was 6 😉 (joke). And then I started using reason to substantiate my opinion.

Care to expand?

Because Sinovac is clearly shown to give virtually no protecting after the first shot, only 51% efficacy 2-3 weeks after the second shot, not work against Delta, and is more expensive than even Pfizer.

Plus the government is accused of paying a far higher price than it was advertised for. And they only started buying it because they opted out of Covax and strangely opted not to buy the cheaper and readily available SinoPharm which is a bit better too.

I think you have seen and read it 1000 times. But I'm not convinced that you're going to accept facts this time either.

No I havent seen the figures you quote but I've seen much improved ones. Remember I dont read the press who are a pack of proven liars. You must read what you choose and believe what you will. No argument here.

Just now, Poolie said:

No I havent seen the figures you quote but I've seen much improved ones. Remember I dont read the press who are a pack of proven liars. You must read what you choose and believe what you will. No argument here.

Agreed. Free choice. 🤝

I had the Sinovac/Astra Zeneca combo...as did my wife.  Doing fine...I will probably opt for Ivermectin instead of a booster.....Lots of discussion about Ivermectin however I have not seen/heard from anyone who has taken it...When I start I will report,

6 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Old people die from Covid 

No, old people just die ……. Just many and varied things it could be from. 
and according to the bible, we are all babes in the woods compared to Noah. He was old when he died.

24 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

No, old people just die ……. Just many and varied things it could be from. 
and according to the bible, we are all babes in the woods compared to Noah. He was old when he died.

But his grandad,  methuselah,  did far better