News Forum - Thailand to prioritise vaccination of over 50s, who make up 80% of Covid deaths

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration says the vaccination of people over the age of 50 is being given urgent priority. Thai PBS World reports that the decision comes after it was revealed that 80% of Covid-related deaths or in the over 50s. According to Apisamai Srirangsan from the CCSA, the majority of those deaths are in the elderly and people with underlying health conditions. According to the Thai PBS World report, Thailand has administered 32.6 vaccines since February 28 this year, out of a total of 40 million doses received in the country. Apisamai says the remaining 7.4 million […]

The post Thailand to prioritise vaccination of over 50s, who make up 80% of Covid deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Okay so why are they so eager to vaccinate the school kids.  Do these guys have any clue what they are doing?  Those older and with preconditions have always been the most vulnerable that was always a given.

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Okay so why are they so eager to vaccinate the school kids.  Do these guys have any clue what they are doing?  Those older and with preconditions have always been the most vulnerable that was always a given.

They cannot stop themselves from coming out with yet more false promises. A different group seems to be prioritised for the different days of the week, in reality it's just pot luck who gets any vaccine.

When I was lucky enough to get my first jab there was  no criteria in the massive crowd that attended that day every age group seemed to present.

I might also add that I have never been so worried about catching covid as I was that day. The social distancing was a joke.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

They cannot stop themselves from coming out with yet more false promises. A different group seems to be prioritised for the different days of the week, in reality it's just pot luck who gets any vaccine.

When I was lucky enough to get my first jab there was  no criteria in the massive crowd that attended that day every age group seemed to present.

I might also add that I have never been so worried about catching covid as I was that day. The social distancing was a joke.

Have you seen this?

I think the decision makers here have no idea anymore how to respond (if they ever had). They're letting the virus rip now, copying other countries, but not realising that other countries have high rates of vaccination...

And for the rest they throw out something to keep us guessing every day, without having a clue what they're doing.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4569-shifting-political-covid-views/?tab=comments#comment-49260

• Like 4

1 hour ago, billywillyjones said:

Because now have Pfizer for the kids can go back to school.

Have Astra for the old people. They already do it. My parents, uncles etc.

And Sino for under 50. For me. 2 already. Get Booster later when have enough. 

3 minutes ago, Yinn said:

And out of the hair of the parents ….. known as parent relief I believe. 

2 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Have Astra for the old people. They already do it. My parents, uncles etc.

2 Sinovac might as well take an aspirin. They overpaid for a inferior vaccine and fobbed it off onto the good people of Thailand 

Shame on them...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Yinn said:

And factory workers! Company announced we’re receiving Sinovac to inoculate the remaining 70% of our workforce. We received an initial batch of Sinovac for 25% of the workforce the same week the government said they would suspend it in favor of AZ. Oh well

Sure, risk increases with age.

So if their reputation is anything to go by, they will start vaccinating the 50 year olds and do the 59 year olds last 🥴

Oh, and not until after the 3rd jab for the people in Bangkok...

Oops, and after some kids...

Mid-2023 seems about right 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And bars and clubs, with Alcohol sales in restaurants happening again when Covid-19 under control ….. Mid-2029 ish. Following the CCSA Covid alcohol-free plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And bars and clubs, with Alcohol sales in restaurants happening again when Covid-19 under control ….. Mid-2029 ish. Following the CCSA Covid alcohol-free plan.

After they start charging for the vaccine plus tax to make up for the lost alcohol sales... 🤭

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

2 Sinovac might as well take an aspirin. They overpaid for a inferior vaccine and fobbed it off onto the good people of Thailand 

Shame on them...

Not true.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

And factory workers! Company announced we’re receiving Sinovac to inoculate the remaining 70% of our workforce. We received an initial batch of Sinovac for 25% of the workforce the same week the government said they would suspend it in favor of AZ. Oh well

For me I want Pfizer the most.

But ok with sino. 

Not really want risk blood clot with Astra. Nervous that one. 

I want Pfizer booster or moderna.

53 minutes ago, Griff1315 said:

Good point! Forget about social distancing  when in line. It was my wife’s turn to ask questions at the desk so she stood 3 meters away , immediately there after some Thai women with quick questions came out of nowhere and cut in front of her ! 
Eventually she was forced to stand 1 meter away.

The whole vaccine distribution  management  by the Govt all revolves around the top beak wetters !

The people who manage  the vaccine get their marching orders from them,the stock holder!

Edited by riclag
  • Like 3

Is there a central data base in Thailand for administered Covid vaccinations? I got one AZ dose at Bang Sue. What proof can I show for this? Is my stamped paper reminder for my 2nd dose sufficient proof?

52 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

So if their reputation is anything to go by, they will start vaccinating the 50 year olds and do the 59 year olds last 🥴

And don't forget the people who are really running this façade called Thailand. I have no doubt that these depraved snakes who received the vaccines first last year are already or have already received their boosters so that they may leave their people behind to suffer and jet of to Europe perhaps

23 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Not true.

That's what I used to say when I was 6 😉 (joke). And then I started using reason to substantiate my opinion.

Care to expand?

Because Sinovac is clearly shown to give virtually no protecting after the first shot, only 51% efficacy 2-3 weeks after the second shot, not work against Delta, and is more expensive than even Pfizer.

Plus the government is accused of paying a far higher price than it was advertised for. And they only started buying it because they opted out of Covax and strangely opted not to buy the cheaper and readily available SinoPharm which is a bit better too.

I think you have seen and read it 1000 times. But I'm not convinced that you're going to accept facts this time either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Griff1315 said:

Shame on them...

No, aspirin is for contraception!

The woman keeps one between her knees.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, 9S_ said:

They can't suspend it! It is the main vaccine, till nw.

Also they changed to 

1. Jab: Sino

2. Jab: AZ

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Not to forget, after the people in Phuket, Samui, Hua Hin, soon Pattaya, ....

2 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Not to forget, after the people in Phuket, Samui, Hua Hin, soon Pattaya, ....

And maybe they'll donate some to Europe first too... 🥴

1 hour ago, Aldaz said:

Is there a central data base in Thailand for administered Covid vaccinations? I got one AZ dose at Bang Sue. What proof can I show for this? Is my stamped paper reminder for my 2nd dose sufficient proof?

Which is the responsible Hospital, that has overseen this vaccination?

Go there, for your paperwork. They should have the database and are in charge for the proof!  Since you got one AZ, they should get you something already, before the sec. shot. Sinovac vaccinated people need to wait for the second shot, before even proof gets them anything.

In case you have, take your vaccination passport with you. Let them fill that one out, also.

1 hour ago, Aldaz said:

Yes and No  . In theory there is a data base which will be used, deleted, corrupted by a 1001 inputters I suspect when they add the names of some 60 million plus into the system 

As for a stamped paper which is reminding you to get your 2nd jab I can't imagine that would be held as proof of anything other than you got the 1st jab but that's all . The 2nd jab gets a 2nd stamp which airports,  etc will look for to ensure you are fully vaccinated. I know they are saying only one AZ jab is accepted in some places but 2 jabs of AZ is the fully vaccinated requirement on flights out of here if that's what you had in mind.