News Forum - Prayut accused of embezzlement in Sinovac vaccine purchases

Thaiger

28 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Are you kidding?  Mao was successful because he had all the guns and was prepared to do away with tens of millions of people who did not agree with him (much like Stalin).  And all this was done in the name of "the common good" and "to protect you".  Sound familiar Bob?

You are talking outcomes - which I agree with you on.  But I was talking about how the opportunity arose for Mao to succeed. The 'movement' for change started in 1927 - it was not until 1949 that the 'long march' started to succeed. Chinese Civil War - Wikipedia

45 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Easy.

Now Prayut is PM.

But he not play the election. Nobody vote for him. His team give him PM.

So Future Forward with new name win election. His team give him PM. Or his wife.

So if his wife act as proxy for him then the general and his corrupt goons will then disqualify her as they will claim he is still influencing politically.  So how to do think it best to silence the mad general and his supporters so that a fair election can be held ?

1 hour ago, Leeshard said:

Exactly. Thai wife fined 200 baht for no driving license coming back from up-country recently. 🤣 Hope she doesn’t try to pull the same trick driving in the UK!!

200 Baht was lucky i got caught in Pattaya same thing 2017 they asked for 1000B, i never argue with them ,you will end up in deeper trouble, just payed said thank you and away i went.🤣

57 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Easy.

Now Prayut is PM.

But he not play the election. Nobody vote for him. His team give him PM.

So Future Forward with new name win election. His team give him PM. Or his wife.

Not unless those charges and convictions against him are 'removed'.  I agree with the outcome you say, but it will be more like this I think:

Future Forward with new name win election. They appoint new PM.  New PM and Govt clears all charges and convictions against the anti-Junta politicians. Thanathorn becomes PM in the near future after that occurs. 

8 minutes ago, stuhan said:

200 Baht was lucky i got caught in Pattaya same thing 2017 they asked for 1000B, i never argue with them ,you will end up in deeper trouble, just payed said thank you and away i went.🤣

Similar event occurred to me, but the Wife 'negotiated' with him and I had to pay 300 baht. Everybody smiling - part of the cost to live in Thailand - no harm done.  Doing a U turn at a set of lights only cost me 200 Baht because the wife did the same thing.  

7 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Similar event occurred to me, but the Wife 'negotiated' with him and I had to pay 300 baht. Everybody smiling - part of the cost to live in Thailand - no harm done.  Doing a U turn at a set of lights only cost me 200 Baht because the wife did the same thing.  

Yep and the thing is, corruption has saved the day for many foreigners in Thailand saving them visits to the police station ect ect amongest other things, sometimes corruption is a very handy tool if you know how to use it.😜.

Edited by stuhan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

So anti-corruption then? That's re-assuring.

There is no argument sought. Just an observation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

So anti-corruption then? That's re-assuring.

There is no argument sought. Just an observation.

Fair enough point 😀    But there is graft and there is corruption.  Graft is paying the cops a few baht for a driving misdemeanour. Corruption is paying someone millions of baht for lamp posts (and getting a few million kickback).  Neither are great to have - but the corruption is the far far bigger problem.  I do prefer the Thai driving graft system to being fined $500 for going 4kms over a speed limit at 7am in the morning with no-one else on the road (speed camera), or $1000 for looking at a phone in my lap while stationary at the lights (happened to a friend).   

• Cool 1

6 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Fair enough point 😀    But there is graft and there is corruption.  Graft is paying the cops a few baht for a driving misdemeanour. Corruption is paying someone millions of baht for lamp posts (and getting a few million kickback).  Neither are great to have - but the corruption is the far far bigger problem.  I do prefer the Thai driving graft system to being fined $500 for going 4kms over a speed limit at 7am in the morning with no-one else on the road (speed camera), or $1000 for looking at a phone in my lap while stationary at the lights (happened to a friend).   

= benefit you is ok. No problem.

paying the cops a few baht? CaptainFerrari Jo and his plastic bags.

2 hours ago, Leeshard said:

Exactly. Thai wife fined 200 baht for no driving license coming back from up-country recently. 🤣 Hope she doesn’t try to pull the same trick driving in the UK!!

How is 200 baht fine “corruption”? 

7676E358-3A52-418A-BB6B-2E44833EEBBD.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I am neither for or against corruption, it's a Thai issue  not my business but I agree fully  with you on the traffic comments as for corruption I will use it if it benefits my situation. 😇 let the Thai's sort it out. 😂

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Not unless those charges and convictions against him are 'removed'.  I agree with the outcome you say, but it will be more like this I think:

Future Forward with new name win election. They appoint new PM.  New PM and Govt clears all charges and convictions against the anti-Junta politicians. Thanathorn becomes PM in the near future after that occurs. 

Amnesty or clearing the convictions and jailing the the ones who convicted him and the ones who influenced the outcome.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I find the difference between the two, moot to say the least. You are either within a bent system or you arent. There is no such state as a little bit corrupt. Just my opinion, no argument sought. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Yinn said:

= benefit you is ok. No problem.

paying the cops a few baht? CaptainFerrari Jo and his plastic bags.

So you are saying that $500 for 4km speeding is good?  $1000 for looking at a phone is also good?

No thanks - that is one of the many reason we are coming back to Thailand - Nanny state fines.

There was a Doctor charged with rape a little while ago - you dont go to see Doctors?? 

31 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Amnesty or clearing the convictions and jailing the the ones who convicted him and the ones who influenced the outcome.

Maybe not threaten to go that far - then they might leave the barracks again and do another takeover 'for the good of the Thai people'.  Thailand needs them to stay in their barracks and play war games, but leave the country alone - the Govt will call on them when they are needed.

16 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I find the difference between the two, moot to say the least. You are either within a bent system or you arent. There is no such state as a little bit corrupt. Just my opinion, no argument sought. 

All good - we will have to agree to disagree.  I believe that there are degrees of 'bent' that are acceptable, just like there are degrees of lies that are also acceptable.  Like when your wife says "do I look a little bit fat in this dress?"

32 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Maybe not threaten to go that far - then they might leave the barracks again and do another takeover 'for the good of the Thai people'.  Thailand needs them to stay in their barracks and play war games, but leave the country alone - the Govt will call on them when they are needed.

It needs for everybody to stay out of politics and disband that certain council as well. I think they all would look nice in orange.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AussieBob said:

All good - we will have to agree to disagree.  I believe that there are degrees of 'bent' that are acceptable, just like there are degrees of lies that are also acceptable.  Like when your wife says "do I look a little bit fat in this dress?"

Hardly the same thing but carry on. No argument here.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yinn said:

I agree ..Thanathorn and the move forward party would best govern the country but until there is a new and legal constitution there won't be fair elections to put them in power !

Edited by MTa449
  • Cool 1