Morphrom Covid Vaccine App - how to setup your vaccine status / Digital Health Pass

shanghailoz

Instructions on how to setup the MORPHROM app with your details in order to get/show your digital health pass.

You will need to have been vaccinated at least once, and have the government ID that was assigned to you for the initial shot.

(available on the Vaccine appointment card, or from the test center/hospital you received your shot at).

@Faz Can we have a section in the Immigration - Visas - Permits - Residency - Drivers Licences - Banking section for Covid?

There are a few related covid things that would be useful to have a section for.  eg my howto on getting a yellow vaccine book, this post etc..

image.jpeg.d314c2babc1f0f13b6c8c715a1e6cf53.jpeg

image.jpeg.3ce5966ca9537e222d8eaf81aa21fe47.jpeg

image.jpeg.1e71cb3eaff6be62831879fd5177da22.jpeg

image.jpeg.daddd2a54f8ae4432d12b8fa6acbf98d.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Is there a formal method of registering vaccines obtained abroad ?

Presumably there must be given many hiso thais went to the US to get 'good' vaccines.

10 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Presumably there must be given many hiso thais went to the US to get 'good' vaccines.

In the US they give you a vaccination card, something they don't do in Thailand, yet.

Thailand needs to move forward and adapt the already-agreed-upon format for a digital proof that Europe is using and approved by the WHO.

@shanghailoz, you ROCK for posting this.  Thanks so much!

Edited by MrStretch

1 minute ago, MrStretch said:

In the US they give you a vaccination card, something they don't do in Thailand, yet.

Thailand needs to move forward and adapt the already-agreed-upon format for a digital proof that Europe is using and approved by the WHO.

You forget that Thais know best

26 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

You can get a vaccination card (yellow "passport").  I have one.  
Instructions on how to get here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/pahgei/thailand_covid_vaccination_proof_types/

2 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

Instructions on how to setup the MORPHROM app with your details in order to get/show your digital health pass.

You will need to have been vaccinated at least once, and have the government ID that was assigned to you for the initial shot.

(available on the Vaccine appointment card, or from the test center/hospital you received your shot at).

@Faz Can we have a section in the Immigration - Visas - Permits - Residency - Drivers Licences - Banking section for Covid?

There are a few related covid things that would be useful to have a section for.  eg my howto on getting a yellow vaccine book, this post etc..

Unfortunately, no.
Anything Covid related should be posted in the relevant forum, as you have.

The Mor Phrom App as you correctly state required a Thai ID number to register, so obviously wouldn't work for those without a Yellow book. Something the MOPH never originally considered as it was predominantly for Thai citizens.
A number of local Provincial registration sites were set up for foreigners to register before the MFA launched the national Expat Vac site specifically for foreigners. Even that had issues as it required a 9 digit Passport number and not all Passport numbers have 9 digits!

41 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

You can get a vaccination card (yellow "passport").  I have one.  
Instructions on how to get here -

https://www.reddit.com/r/Thailand/comments/pahgei/thailand_covid_vaccination_proof_types/

Again, your experience was in Bangkok.
I'm guessing in other Provinces each will have it's own separate procedure for obtaining a 'Covid Passport' after receiving both vaccinations. My second shot is due this month and I have already been advised I will receive a 'certificate' as confirmation, which can be used for International travel.
Whether this comes in the form of a yellow 'Passport' as you have, remains to be seen, or something different, who knows TIT.

23 minutes ago, Faz said:

Unfortunately, no.
Anything Covid related should be posted in the relevant forum, as you have.

The Mor Phrom App as you correctly state required a Thai ID number to register, so obviously wouldn't work for those without a Yellow book. Something the MOPH never originally considered as it was predominantly for Thai citizens.
A number of local Provincial registration sites were set up for foreigners to register before the MFA launched the national Expat Vac site specifically for foreigners. Even that had issues as it required a 9 digit Passport number and not all Passport numbers have 9 digits!

Again, your experience was in Bangkok.
I'm guessing in other Provinces each will have it's own separate procedure for obtaining a 'Covid Passport' after receiving both vaccinations. My second shot is due this month and I have already been advised I will receive a 'certificate' as confirmation, which can be used for International travel.
Whether this comes in the form of a yellow 'Passport' as you have, remains to be seen, or something different, who knows TIT.

Hi Faz, That's not quite correct. You don't need a thai id number.
You need the number they provide on the vaccination form.  I'm a tourist, and don't have any thai id.

Yes, each province has its own mechanism for getting a yellow book.  I've noted that previously also.

7 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

Hi Faz, That's not quite correct. You don't need a thai id number.
You need the number they provide on the vaccination form.

Your individual experience is probably related to just the location you registered.
They issued a ID number for you to register on the Mor Phrom APP which is actually the first I've heard off.
The norm was to use your Thai ID number if you had one.
The Mor Phrom APP isn't user friendly and could take hours to register.
 https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2120375/user-unfriendly-mor-prom-app-a-flop 
In many Provinces the local Governors set up local registration systems as an alternative.

I never received a vaccination form when I registered, I received an appointment letter several days later.
I registered through the Poo Yai Baan, not an APP or website.

The whole procedure has been tweaked, upgraded and amended as time has progressed.
They now have 'walk in' vaccination centres without any form of registration in my local area.

On 9/1/2021 at 9:42 PM, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

How about NO to any of this.

Of course, your choice, but what will you do if vaccination proof is necessary to enter a venue, an aircraft or anything else that you wish to do?

After all, it's your choice.

• Like 2

On 9/1/2021 at 6:19 PM, Benroon said:

If you want to digitize your vaccine status you can use the immunaband. Upload your card to their encrypted servers and they send you an arm band/bracelet with a QR Code that details your vaccination status. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

If you want to digitize your vaccine status you can use the immunaband. Upload your card to their encrypted servers and they send you an arm band/bracelet with a QR Code that details your vaccination status. 

Alternatively I guess you can have your QR code tattooed on your forehead 😂

On 9/3/2021 at 2:12 AM, 9S_ said:

wow that's great information - thanks

(can't see my local restaurants being able to read it but thks anyway - good info)

On 9/3/2021 at 2:00 AM, MrStretch said:

Of course, your choice, but what will you do if vaccination proof is necessary to enter a venue, an aircraft or anything else that you wish to do?

After all, it's your choice.

They'll buckle sooner or later - usually when maturity kicks in 😉