Deadly Farangs and the capitulation to Covid

Max-Howl

4 hours ago, Yinn said:

Still have Spanish Flu?

The Spanish flu mutated about 100 years ago, so it is likely now a flu that doesn't kill. Any virus needs to mutate to a form that will not kill all its hosts or it will die as well.

• Like 1

Just now, Fluke said:

I am trying to stop bickering from happening .

Trying to stop threads getting locked and bans .

He began the bickering  by suggesting that she was a prostitute . 

We have been told to stop 

For goodness sake stop taking things out of contextual posting order as that is indeed bickering. @Transam last post post did no such thing, just you attempting to deliberately attempt to do so.

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

For goodness sake stop taking things out of contextual posting order as that is indeed bickering. @Transam last post post did no such thing, just you attempting to deliberately attempt to do so.

I was referring to the earlier post where he suggested that she worked in Pattaya , work that involves associating  with low life seedy Western guys , quite clearly he was suggesting she worked in prostitution 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Transam said:

I just knew you would know all about that stuff, was it to do with your employment...?

What was you suggesting that her employment was ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

He began the bickering  by suggesting that she was a prostitute . 

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

For goodness sake stop taking things out of contextual posting order as that is indeed bickering.

I have a mind that tends to slip into the gutter, so I can understand where such an insinuation (defined: unpleasant hint or suggestion of something bad) could have been made. However, there was NO actual direct accusation. Please, let this be the end to this back and forth.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Fluke said:

Hi Max, not worry na. I not care what it think or say. Really.

ignore those comment. Hear it many time before. Immaturity. I know truth. I not angry, I laugh. They say it because...... we know.

Anyway, important to wear mask even if you think you will social distance. Sometimes get close to people even if you try stay away. Unpredictable life. 
AND

If someone ignore the rule then other will ignore and then everyone will ignore. Sound like the OP say in Pattaya it happen like that way already. “Why should I wear mask if he not wear” etc. 

I boring wear the mask same, but I boring covid more. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Transam said:
18 hours ago, Fluke said:

A Commissionaire, what else could it be

Off topic. Last warning about staying away from this.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:01 PM, Transam said:

So, you have never been to Pattaya, yet you know everything about it....Hmmmm......😆

I don't need to get to close to a cesspool either.  Can't blame her for staying away.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:03 PM, Max-Howl said:

Over the last month I have observed the rapid capitulation to Covid, right from fellow citizens to the PM.

The PM, according to a headline, recently expressed how we "have to learn to live with it". Fellow citizens, are expressing resignation by no longer caring to put on a mask, foreigners in particular.

Keeping in mind that the purpose of a mask is to protect others from yourself, in the event that you are unknowingly carrying this deadly virus, how would we view lets say ethnic groups in i.e. Europe, who would not care about masking, if everybody else was masking? Its not so hard to imagine the reaction it could cause from media, politicians etc.

Walking the streets of Pattaya and Jomtien, the situation is that only one of ten foreigners are masking with cover of both mouth and nose. No matter if its outdoor or in 7/11. Sadly, the tendency is spreading to the locals as well. The indifference is spreading like a wildfire, and I wonder how we got to this point, that we care so little about killing the covid and so much about the freedom to kill each other?

Interesting.

I live in Loei - not in the city but out in the sticks, and the province has one of the lowest Covid rates.

I haven't been to Loei city for a few months, but the last time I went and since mask wearing started I literally didn't see one person not wearing a mask.

In the nearest town, ten kms away, again everybody wears a mask unless they're eating in a restaurant (here, virtually all open air) or at a tourist view point where everyone masks or keeps their distance.

The only exceptions are kids playing football in the villages, and that's only where there haven't been any cases.

• Like 2

This thread is a perfect example of the digital cancer that is bitterexpat.com complete with whining about other "dirty farangs" and petty non stop fighting back and forth between the posters. You guys should just stay over there.

Keeping in mind that the purpose of a mask is to protect others from yourself, in the event that you are unknowingly carrying this deadly virus..

A picture is worth a thousand words..

mask.jpg

On 9/2/2021 at 5:47 PM, Yinn said:

Hi Max, not worry na. I not care what it think or say. Really.

ignore those comment. Hear it many time before. Immaturity. I know truth. I not angry, I laugh. They say it because...... we know.

Anyway, important to wear mask even if you think you will social distance. Sometimes get close to people even if you try stay away. Unpredictable life. 
AND

If someone ignore the rule then other will ignore and then everyone will ignore. Sound like the OP say in Pattaya it happen like that way already. “Why should I wear mask if he not wear” etc. 

I boring wear the mask same, but I boring covid more. 

O.K. I will wear a mask at all times when I go outside .

I used to remove my mask when I bought a bottle of water and drank the water whilst walking down the street . 

I shall use a straw in future . 

58 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

While technically correct, the information has been misconstrued.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/meme-misconstrues-efficacy-of-face-masks-in-spread-of-covid-19/

I so admire your patience. 

The people still arguing after 18 months that facemasks do nothing will just never get it.

And all those people that wore masks voluntarily when they had a cold (before Covid) only did so because it looked so good 😷

5 hours ago, Bob20 said:

I so admire your patience. 

The people still arguing after 18 months that facemasks do nothing will just never get it.

And all those people that wore masks voluntarily when they had a cold (before Covid) did so because it looked so good 😷

My personal thoughts:

sleeping well mask.jpg

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

While technically correct, the information has been misconstrued.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/07/meme-misconstrues-efficacy-of-face-masks-in-spread-of-covid-19/

I read this, but it certainly does not debunk the idea that masks stop the wearer getting the virus, which is what the label says.

I believe the message on the box is remains accurate, and this article is deliberately misrepresenting this information

I also believe that people are conflating these tissue paper face coverings with actual N95 Masks.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 2:11 PM, Fluke said:

Suggesting that a Female is a prostitute is indeed being abusive and previously he has been told to stop arguing with her and he is trying to cause an argument 

I am getting a bit mixed up here, who is this female?

Walking the streets of Pattaya and Jomtien, the situation is that only one of ten foreigners are masking with cover of both mouth and nose.

100% masking in Hua Hin everywhere you go Farangs included. that is the difference between the two demographics.   

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

100% masking in Hua Hin everywhere you go Farangs included. that is the difference between the two demographics.   

Thats interesting info. 

I wonder what makes the difference:

Police? (Police in Jomtien is completely invisible when it comes to cracking down on masking)

Demographics? 

Media?