News Forum - Parks, sports fields and other venues allowed to reopen in Bangkok

Thaiger

Following the decision to ease restrictions in “dark red” provinces, the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration announced they were revising the provincial order to be line with the national measures set by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration and to now allow parks, sports stadiums, department stores, and other venues to reopen. In line with the order by the CCSA, restaurants, including those inside shopping centres, are allowed to resume dine-in services until 8pm. Alcohol sales and consumption at restaurants is still prohibited. Open-air restaurants can offer dine-in services at 75% capacity while indoor, air-conditioned restaurants is limited to 50% capacity. The 9pm […]

The post Parks, sports fields and other venues allowed to reopen in Bangkok appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

It’s great to see parks re opening!

👌

But I’d like to ask why a COVID Test is $130 or more than $100 in most cases?

It’s a free test if they think 🤔 think you may have COVID?

I think 🤔 they should be charging no more than $15 dollars for a test, and this is just a money making scam, whilst the Economy is in turmoil?

They want to get the Tourism back but are just ripping off the very people they are trying to attract?

Grant

• Like 5

"Massage parlours and spas can open, but can only offer foot massages and appointments must be made in advance."

A friend of mine who is a regular massage costumer, got the first appointment 8am tomorrow... for a footjob.

• Haha 3

Sounds even worse to me ..must have appointments?? No beer with my meal ? 

Getting sick of it !! Already 28 days of curfew  !!!  

Where do Thai people are going to get the money from  ??  

You can go to a restaurant and remove mask but cannot go to a gym even if regulated ????? And masked...

Who would come here if swimming pools are closeed and an outside swimming pool has always been safe

Why not close the sky train ???? To many transport problems ???

3 hours ago, AdamX said:

The forever lockdowners must be fuming now that some restrictions are being lifted

What lockdown? Last one I remember in Thailand was in April 2021. You don’t mean the restrictions on bars restaurants and a handful of businesses such as gyms, salons and massage surely. That’s not a lockdown 😂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Spice61 said:

They want to get the Tourism back but are just ripping off the very people they are trying to attract?

They’ve been doing that for years with tourists. The Thais refer to it as the Land of Smiles. Most savvy visitors refer to it as the Land of Scams. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

What lockdown? Last one I remember in Thailand was in April 2021. You don’t mean the restrictions on bars restaurants and a handful of businesses such as gyms, salons and massage surely. That’s not a lockdown 😂

It's quite obvious that many don't comprehend the difference between what is referred to as a lockdown and restrictions of varying degrees. 

I believe, because such terms and their officialdom/casual defined terminology, are repeated ad nauseam to create a one-n-the-same homogeny. 

Par for the course, as the majority don't give independent thought a fair go.

How very true. I'm in the fortunate position of having my adopted daughter who is born and bred in Thailand. She's like a 'ghost' and appears from nowhere when the scammers home in on me or any other tourists. CM isn't too bad but Phuket and Pattaya are in a different league.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Spice61 said:

It’s great to see parks re opening!

👌

But I’d like to ask why a COVID Test is $130 or more than $100 in most cases?

It’s a free test if they think 🤔 think you may have COVID?

I think 🤔 they should be charging no more than $15 dollars for a test, and this is just a money making scam, whilst the Economy is in turmoil?

Grant

How about you just don't test. I have never been tested and I'm perfectly fine. While in the media they almost say no test = death😂

• Like 1

when last time have you seen a restaurant filled 75% of capacity? what is a "capacity" anyways? too many questions, sorry. the only thing i want to open is my condo swimming pool, it's outside, so would fit the description, of cause they just started replacing tiles.... morons were waiting 6 month to do that

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

12 hours ago, dj230 said:

gyms and pools open at condos tomorrow :) renting one this week

Are you sure gyms are open? 

I saw that they are explicitly not allowed to open.

The virus loves to work out it seems, so the rest of us have to get ill because we cant exercise.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DiJoDavO said:

How about you just don't test. I have never been tested and I'm perfectly fine. While in the media they almost say no test = death😂

Most countries would not charge residents or citizens for covid test if they feel unwell. I read that volunteer groups, government hospitals and temples provide free testing with antigen kits. If there are charges of more than $100, many would not go for testing as they may not be able to afford it.

For those business travellers and tourists, i think paying for PCR test is necessary as that is the intend of coming into the country on your own expenses.

• Cool 1

7 hours ago, AdamX said:

Are you sure gyms are open? 

I saw that they are explicitly not allowed to open.

The virus loves to work out it seems, so the rest of us have to get ill because we cant exercise.

Life wireless one and Ashton asoke gyms are open

so is ideo mobi 93

hyde 11 sukhumvit gym is closed for another 1-2 weeks

im guessing most anada/ap Thai developer condos are opening gyms 

went to see a few condos yesterday and asked, asked again today and they’re indeed open 

suprised life asoke rama 9’s gyms are closed, maybe because they have like 2000+ Units, the prices there right now are a bargain, 10,000 baht for a studio 

Edited by dj230
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

Life wireless one and Ashton asoke gyms are open

so is ideo mobi 93

hyde 11 sukhumvit gym is closed for another 1-2 weeks

im guessing most anada/ap Thai developer condos are opening gyms 

went to see a few condos yesterday and asked, asked again today and they’re indeed open 

suprised life asoke rama 9’s gyms are closed, maybe because they have like 2000+ Units, the prices there right now are a bargain, 10,000 baht for a studio 

Correction, I think some agents mixed it up yesterday, pools are open 

only some condo gyms are open, apparently life one wireless’ is open 

Open my condo pool and gym,  allow me to drive the country, and I am happy. I 've been thoroughly trained like a dog to wag my tail at the simplest of life's pleasures.