News Forum - Autopsy report confirms man who died in police custody died of suffocation

Thaiger

An autopsy has confirmed that Jirapong Thanaphiphat, the man who died in police custody in northern Thailand’s Nakhon Sawan province, died of suffocation and not of a drug overdose. Thai media says that the same hospital, Sawanpracharak Hospital initially supported the police’s account of the man’s death that he died of a drug overdose. The Sawanpracharak Hospital released the autopsy today that says Jirapong died by suffocation likely caused by the plastic bags that were placed over his head as seen in the now-infamous video. The news prompted a response from the deputy chief of the Crime Suppression Division, Anek […]

The post Autopsy report confirms man who died in police custody died of suffocation appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Plata o Plomo" what would have happened to the Doctor at the hospital if he had produce the correct autopsy report and if the video had not become public. Perhaps another headline would say "depressed and overworked Doctor jumped from the 5th floor of the Hospital".

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Sawanpracharak Hospital initially supported the police’s account

Maybe they were persuaded into supporting their story with plastic bags of cash? Police obviously find it easier to find plastic bags than brown envelopes.

• Like 2

I didn't know autopsy reports can be preliminary (yet released), to be followed up by an improved version (that is radically different), so I've decided that I'll ask for a second opinion after I've died (just to make sure).

• Like 1

The Doctors and hospital staff that released the first report are obviously up to their necks in this. Surely they should be included in any investigation.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Faz said:
13 hours ago, Thaiger said:

An autopsy has confirmed that Jirapong Thanaphiphat, the man who died in police custody in northern Thailand’s Nakhon Sawan province, died of suffocation and not of a drug overdose. Thai media says that the same hospital, Sawanpracharak Hospital initially supported the police’s account of the man’s death that he died of a drug overdose. The Sawanpracharak Hospital released the autopsy today that says Jirapong died by suffocation likely caused by the plastic bags that were placed over his head as seen in the now-infamous video. The news prompted a response from the deputy chief of the Crime Suppression Division, Anek […]

The post Autopsy report confirms man who died in police custody died of suffocation appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Some of the videos posted online don't show much and leave a lot  of doubt as to what happened. One video  I have seen clearly clearly shows a man being killed.  Oddly enough it was on Tiktok.   

28 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

??? I really ask me which videos you watch. The video clear shows how they murder him including the order for an fake paper for the death cause. Everything was filmed clearly and without any doubt. Everything is on the video in every detail!

6 minutes ago, Stardust said:

??? I really ask me which videos you watch. The video clear shows how they murder him including the order for an fake paper for the death cause. Everything was filmed clearly and without any doubt. Everything is on the video in every detail!

There are some cutted versions I guess because of the brutality. But they took 6 plastic bags and there is no doubt and in the beginning of the leak the full version was on Thai social media and millions watched it.

Who are you going to believe some rando hospital or honest Sheriff Joe Ferrari?

Me? I trust honest Sheriff Joe Ferrari, a true hero for nabbing a drug dealer. He didn’t want to commit manslaughter via drug overdose, he wanted to save Thailand from corrupt figures like drug dealers! It’s true Sheriff Joe said so on national TV

He didn’t die of suffocation! How could he when honest Sheriff Joe said he only put a plastic bag over the suspects face because he didn’t want him to see the honesty of Sheriff Joe! It’s true! But one bag wasn’t enough so he needed more. Sheriff Joe don’t lie

Why would he need to extort 2 million baht! Sheriff Joe is an honest public servant. So much so he’s able to save that he can save that up easily under his 40,000 baht a month salary. See he saved up so much he can buy land and many cars!

Edited by 9S_
Context
  • Haha 2

You can't be serious!!!! What do you call the Sheriff Joe things then? Luxury cars a freaking super place to live in, that guy is corruption manifested! If not taking the drugs from dealers and sell them him self! Freaking creepy guy indeed! 

• Cool 1

So thaiger have you got any reporters on the ground following up on any of this new evidence or are you just waiting to copy some news reports for other sources.. it appears that's the way you operate..

It would be good to know where Joe is . Has his girlfriend dumped him yet.. and what about her father the police chief.. what's his involvement in the cover up.. what sort of car is he driving.. there's plenty of things that seems to unanswered.. and some reporters can usually find the answers..  they shouldn't be afraid of waking up with a horse head next to them in the bed

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, Mikael said:

You can't be serious!!!! What do you call the Sheriff Joe things then? Luxury cars a freaking super place to live in, that guy is corruption manifested! If not taking the drugs from dealers and sell them him self! Freaking creepy guy indeed! 

You're not kidding!   And sorry I missed your debut post the other day, but thanks for that!

Hello, Mikael and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

If you help to cover up a murder then you are complicit in that murder.  The person that wrote the original report should suffer similarly to the police (assuming the police will be charged and convicted).  That might make it less likely for it to happen again.  

• Cool 1