News Forum - Rollout of Covid-19 booster doses expected to begin next month

Thaiger

The rollout of Covid-19 booster shots for around 3 million Thais who’ve already received 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine will begin from next month. According to a Bangkok Post report, Opas Karnkawinpong from the Department of Disease Control says the administration of booster doses is expected to get underway between late September and October. “Which vaccine type will be used depends on the availability of the vaccine supply at that time and an estimated 3 million people who have already received 2 vaccine shots are expected to receive the booster shots.” The Bangkok Post reports that the booster doses […]

The post Rollout of Covid-19 booster doses expected to begin next month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Am I being cyncical when I ask if those booster doses of Pfizer/AZ are from the donated stock, and will be given only to those who deserve/need extra protection like frontline medical staff - or will it be given to those who have influence?  

• Like 3

How about posting when some people have a hope in hell of getting their first shot, my wife still hasn't had a chance of getting her first vaccine shot !

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

"The rollout of Covid-19 booster shots for around 3 million Thais who’ve already received 2 doses of a Covid-19 vaccine"

they won't even say the name of the 2 shots of vaccine people have had, this persistent attempt to glorify sinovac by giving a booster jab only 3 months after the so called fully vaccinated! They've even been saying how strong the antibody levels are after 2 sinovac and an AstraZeneca booster.. why don't they say what the antibody levels are after 3 AstraZeneca! 

rolling a dog turd in glitter!

Edited by Malc-Thai
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Graham said:

How about posting when some people have a hope in hell of getting their first shot, my wife still hasn't had a chance of getting her first vaccine shot !

As applies to the vast majority of Thais, as well as many medically vulnerable foreigners (in my province, all of them!).

• Cool 1

No doubt all of Phuket as well since we got Sinovac primarily. The laughable situation that the vaccinated international arrivals are more in danger from residents than the other way around.

Meanwhile, we'll just keep on rolling out more of it so we can make our vaccination numbers look not as appalling as the reality and kick the can down the road.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, John0200 said:

Why are they talking about booster shots when so many ordinary Thai's have not even received the first one??? 

A valid question, for sure and one that many are asking. And you debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, John0200 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

15 minutes ago, John0200 said:

Why are they talking about booster shots when so many ordinary Thai's have not even received the first one??? 

Most likely because they started with Sinovac which is only slightly better than tapwater 🥴

But I saw the table with actual doses given, and more than 500.000 have already had their third dose! Three guesses who some of those are?

Anyway, I fully agree. Unvaccinated should come first.

• Like 2

I notice that the article didn't say where the millions of AZ booster shots were coming from. I read in another article they are being purchased from overseas, not from that Thailand-owned company.

Is it doing anything?  We don't hear.

Looks like the consensus of opinion is "Why be planning for booster shots, when there are so few who have received their first dose". I agree that booster shots are for the most vulnerable only. The elderly and those with disabilities. 

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Most likely because they started with Sinovac which is only slightly better than tapwater 🥴

Bob here winging it as usual. Sinovac must be really good tap water because countries such as Finland, Netherlands, Spain and Sweden have approved it as valid proof of vaccinations.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/eu-travel-covishield-sinopharm-sinovac-vaccines-are-most-widely-accepted-by-eu-countries-after-those-authorised-by-ema/

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Haha 1

11% only are fully vaccined and they are taking about boosters?

my best friend ( 23,F,Buriram ) got 2 Sinovac and 2 AstraZeneca and landed in hospital after the 4th shot.

you can’t drive your immune system to 100% every so often. It’s stress for the body.

Before I get a booster shot (vaccained with Johnson&Johnson /  Janssen ) I get my blood testet. 

• Cool 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Looks like the consensus of opinion is "Why be planning for booster shots, when there are so few who have received their first dose". I agree that booster shots are for the most vulnerable only. The elderly and those with disabilities. 

I agree with you that the unvaccinated should come first. But did you know that half a million 3rd shots have already been given?