News Forum - CCSA Covid-19 plan: domestic vaccines, “learning to live with it”

Thaiger

Facing the emergence of the Delta variant and surge of Covid-19 infections, PM Prayut Chan-o-cha seems to be accepting the idea that Thailand may never be rid of the Coronavirus. He proposed a shift in focus for the government at a Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meeting on Friday, suggesting a “learn to live with it” strategy. Sources at Government House revealed that at the meeting, the CCSA discussed the idea that Covid-19 may never be fully eradicated. The agency decided to set a course that aims for a happy medium between fighting the spread of the virus and allowing […]

The post CCSA Covid-19 plan: domestic vaccines, “learning to live with it” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The idiots in charge should have had everyone vaccinated last year and been open since high season last year but no, they decided to congratulate each other instead and buy no vaccines because they thought they had done a wonderful job.

TIT.

• Like 9

So, only 6 months late he has seen the inevitability that most of the world accepted a long time ago. Herd immunity must be deleted from our lexicon and we must dramatically change people's economic lives. And at the same time the drive for vaccination this year and continuation across the whole of next year must be never ending. The use of inferior vaccines will leave a legacy that requires a huge booster programme starting within weeks while supplies of vaccines for first injections outside the dark red provinces are woefully inadequate. Thailand glibly taked of being the Asean vaccine hub but all it has achieved is a small plant akin to a cola bottling facility while S.Korea is investing 1,9 billion USD in research, development and production. 2021 will go down as the year when the almighty junta was truly humbled by a tiny bug.

• Like 4

I don't know about learning to live with it seems many people are dying from it and the clowns in charge are throwing in the towel. 

• Like 6

Quote: PM Prayut has vowed to expedite-

If he would only expedite getting out with his cronies for the good of the country and the people then life just might get better. Until then this **** **** and the others that make decisions are quickly on the edge creating a death spiral vacuum. 

16 minutes ago, Pompies said:

2021 will go down as the year when the almighty junta was truly humbled by a tiny bug.

You’d like to think so. But they will find many other ways to blame outsiders. People from Myanmar illegally crossing borders. Pesky foreigners bringing in “English variants”. It won’t even cross the mind of the Thai government that they got things wrong. Can you imagine there will be an independent enquiry on the handling of the pandemic in Thailand instigated by the Thai government? More chance of me become the next Thai PM! 

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, Graham said:

The idiots in charge should have had everyone vaccinated last year and been open since high season last year but no, they decided to congratulate each other instead and buy no vaccines because they thought they had done a wonderful job.

TIT.

Well, that would be nice if they had been available, but that wasn't the case until mid-december 2020 and only in countries that had heavily invested in their research and could get stock.

But I think you mean they should have started sooner and that's fair enough.

• Like 4

That is the right way, learn to live with it. Just like Hong Kong flu 1968. Very similar but the reaction was very different back then. Very few cared and even Woodstock happened.

Today the world is just too full of Karenism and pygmy fascists willing to shutdown and lockdown everything. Very very few have died under 50 and on average 3-4 comorbidities among those who died. 90 percent over 60 and mostly already very sick anyway.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

That is the right way, learn to live with it. Just like Hong Kong flu 1968. Very similar but the reaction was very different back then. Very few cared and even Woodstock happened.

Today the world is just too full of Karenism and pygmy fascists willing to shutdown and lockdown everything. Very very few have died under 50 and on average 3-4 comorbidities among those who died. 90 percent over 60 and mostly already very sick anyway.

Paraphrased:

The elderly?  The sick? 

I don't care if they die.  It's all about me and my freedoms.

• Like 7
  • Cool 1

It's about time they realised covid is here forever and we need to live with it, as we do with flu and many other diseases. Covid is just 'government control through fear' take a look at the UK average weekly deaths for last month, attached, I'd like to see Thailands figures. 1289995899_download(2).jpeg.7796ff57267d9bcce954c5f9a8c1290a.jpeg

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, PhayakPeter said:

It's about time they realised covid is here forever and we need to live with it, as we do with flu and many other diseases. Covid is just 'government control through fear' take a look at the UK average weekly deaths for last month, attached, I'd like to see Thailands figures. 1289995899_download(2).jpeg.7796ff57267d9bcce954c5f9a8c1290a.jpeg

That is one of the most highly vaccinated countries in the world.  With proper vaccines.

Not remotely comparable to Thailand's situation.

• Like 1

But the UK have been doing the same, blaming covid for deaths, now the real death figures are published, covid is not the threat they tried to make us believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ElMariachi said:

It would be best if you were unable to communicate at all. Like seriously shut up.

You should treat your chronic karenism before it completely overwhelms you.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Paraphrased:

The elderly?  The sick? 

I don't care if they die.  It's all about me and my freedoms.

No, it's all about not destroying the lives and businesses of the world, get it? 

Stop the ridiculous fear mongering and virtue signaling. 

25 minutes ago, ElMariachi said:

It would be best if you were unable to communicate at all. Like seriously shut up.

You seem triggered, you don't get to decide what other people think or say. 

50 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

No, it's all about not destroying the lives and businesses of the world, get it? 

Stop the ridiculous fear mongering and virtue signaling. 

Paraphrased:

The elderly?  The sick? 

I don't care if they die.  It's all about me and my money and profits.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ElMariachi said:

52 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

You seem triggered, you don't get to decide what other people think or say. 

You can't shut someone up. But you can click "ignore" and stop reading their trash 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Paraphrased:

The elderly?  The sick? 

The elderly depend on their kids in Thailand and many other countries to survive. Now many of those kids do not have jobs because of lockdowns and no tourists, you jackass.

• Like 4

-and they are on track to register for emergency use next April.-

so now we can think about, why till now there are only few mRNA doses finding the way into this country.

9 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

Paraphrased:

The elderly?  The sick? 

It's about destroying exponentially more lives than any virus can. You seem to be missing that fact completely. Add to that, the missed medical checks that could prevent even more death than this virus can. 

Understand? 

But hey, you keep cowering in fear and demeaning people who don't want to accept the ridiculous overreaction and draconian measures. 

12 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

I don't know about learning to live with it seems many people are dying from it and the clowns in charge are throwing in the towel. 

But more are dying from the lockdowns. 

Seems like the cure is worse than the disease

• Like 1

Does this plan include to live with overcrowded hospitals and denying medical care?? Because it’s still happening

My co-worker and her husband where recently diagnosed last week. They’re symptoms are described as “moderate”. They had to be transferred back to their home towns in Isaan because there aren’t enough beds here. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Does this plan include to live with overcrowded hospitals and denying medical care?? Because it’s still happening

My co-worker and her husband where recently diagnosed last week. They’re symptoms are described as “moderate”. They had to be transferred back to their home towns in Isaan because there aren’t enough beds here. 

Most people don't have serious problems with the virus. Only the known risk categories should be hospitalized. 

19 minutes ago, AdamX said:

But more are dying from the lockdowns. 

Seems like the cure is worse than the disease

I have not seen any figures on people dying from being asked to stay at home.

• Like 1