News Forum - UK residents cancel reservations, flee Phuket, following Thailand’s inclusion on the “red list”

Thaiger

Phuket hotels are reporting a rise in cancellations from England, as well as current guests checking out early to eschew expense self-quarantining when they go back to the U.K. Last week, the country famous for James Bond and Jack the Ripper announced its plans to move Thailand from its amber list to its red list, starting tomorrow. The move is because of Thailand’s high Covid risk. The red list of countries represents countries the U.K. says people should not travel to. If people do travel to a red-listed country, they must follow strict rules before entering the U.K., such as […]

The post UK residents cancel reservations, flee Phuket, following Thailand’s inclusion on the “red list” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

And they are all vaccinated. Quarantine is noth a solution. Not in England or Thailand. 

Edited by Annieday
Spelling
  • Like 4

Once the FCO and Gov.UK give advice of this magnitude anyone considering to Thailand or anywhere else on the red list really are playing Russian roulette. It's not just the fact that they will be quarantined on return to the UK and the cost, the chances are their travel insurance (if they can get anyone to cover them) can and will refuse to foot any claims. Insurance underwriters will quote chapter and verse that anyone going against the advice of the FCO and Gov.UK do so at their own risk. The UK Public Health advisors feel Thailand has not undertaken sufficient testing , a poor vaccination programme and is not prepared to run the risk of introducing even more variants or mutations. 

It's bad news for Thailand and equally bad news for people in the UK wishing to go to Thailand, nor forgetting UK ex pats wishing to visit the UK.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Annieday said:

And they are all vaccinated. Quarantine is noth a solution. Not in England or in Thailand. 

Being vaccinated does not exclude you from carrying the virus. What is the solution?

• Like 3

I met 2 couples the other day who had to leave a day earlier and pay 500 pound extra each 2000 pound total to get out on time, get back before the deadline, but they did say they wanted to go home there is nothing to do

Edited by Lowseasonlover
  • Like 7

16 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Being vaccinated does not exclude you from carrying the virus. What is the solution?

As you are far less likely to need hospitalisation if vaccinated, then the solution is vaccinate people and then learn to live with Covid as we do flu. The problem in the next year or so will be the impact on individual factories and industries. As even vaccinated people can catch and spread Covid and can feel very sick for a few days, you can envisage outbreaks causing the closure or reduction of production facilities as large numbers of staff take time off work. The same will also happen in schools, restaurants and other work places where staff and/or customers are concentrated.  

Over time, as more people contract and survive the virus, their immunity will build better than vaccination alone. This will take time, but in a few years this virus will retreat and be something we live with. All in, it will have been a 4 or 5 year time period from the start of the pandemic for life to return to normal. As such, we are at or near the mid-point of this pandemic. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Annieday said:

And they are all vaccinated. Quarantine is noth a solution. Not in England or Thailand. 

Valid point, for sure, in this seemingly never-quietening sandbox saga. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Annieday and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Soidog said:

As you are far less likely to need hospitalisation if vaccinated, then the solution is vaccinate people and then learn to live with Covid as we do flu. The problem in the next year or so will be the impact on individual factories and industries. As even vaccinated people can catch and spread Covid and can feel very sick for a few days, you can envisage outbreaks causing the closure or reduction of production facilities as large numbers of staff take time off work. The same will also happen in schools, restaurants and other work places where staff and/or customers are concentrated.  

Over time, as more people contract and survive the virus, their immunity will build better than vaccination alone. This will take time, but in a few years this virus will retreat and be something we live with. All in, it will have been a 4 or 5 year time period from the start of the pandemic for life to return to normal. As such, we are at or near the mid-point of this pandemic. 

I wholly agree, it is something we will have to accept and live with. That is a solution in the long term, but I suspect many people are looking at the short term for a variety of reasons. We are getting there, particularly with vaccinations and hospitalisation isn't so problematic (at present).

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Mass vaccination.

No idiotic experiments.

Plan opening 2-3 weeks after the second dose is given to 75% of the population.

Everything else will make cases skyrocket, unless you continue long-term real and enforced lockdown, which nobody wants.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Valid point, for sure, in this seemingly never-quietening sandbox saga. And your debut post, too, so thanks for that!

Hello, Annieday and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Tons of new comers coming now ! What did you do ,offer free ice cream and tickets to a match  555

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I wholly agree, it is something we will have to accept and live with. That is a solution in the long term, but I suspect many people are looking at the short term for a variety of reasons. We are getting there, particularly with vaccinations and hospitalisation isn't so problematic (at present).

Now all's we need is new inexpensive testing devices before we take commercial transportation ,so travelers don't get caught up in future Q rooms

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

4 minutes ago, riclag said:

Tons of new comers coming now ! What did you do ,offer free ice cream and tickets to a match 

I think they offered them free Sinovac.

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, riclag said:

Now all's we need is new inexpensive testing devices before we take commercial transportation ,so travelers don't get caught up in future Q rooms

They're doing tests on breath and saliva analysis for fast results (within seconds), but the equipment is not yet accurate enough. 

• Thanks 1

I had a very smooth enjoyable sandbox experience. From arriving at the airport, with no more total time to get stamped out than other trips. To completing my 14 days, and  then onward to the north. I'd say I was impressed.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Mass vaccination.

No idiotic experiments.

Everything else will make cases skyrocket, unless you continue long-term real and enforced lockdown, which nobody wants.

Bob, it doesn't matter how large or bold you write the words 'mass vaccination'. Sadly the message just ain't getting through to some people in power. Like wise with these half baked, half hearted pseudo lockdowns. Unless there are some radical and meaningful changes to attacking this virus, it could drag on for years. Asfor idiotic experiments, neither you or me are in a position to stop the idiots who implement them (unfortunately).

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Bob, it doesn't matter how large or bold you write the words 'mass vaccination'. Sadly the message just ain't getting through to some people in power. Like wise with these half baked, half hearted pseudo lockdowns. Unless there are some radical and meaningful changes to attacking this virus, it could drag on for years. Asfor idiotic experiments, neither you or me are in a position to stop the idiots who implement them (unfortunately).

I know 😔

But they asked the question 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

On what planet?

Someone's getting confused with 'Jane Bond' island and Joe Ferrari... This has to be the most ridiculous throw away line on here.

I really do hope Thailand comes off of the UK red list soon but I can't see it happening for a few months. Certainly not September, maybe end of October. In order for it to happen, Thailand seriously need to start vaccinating 😠

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Mass vaccination.

No idiotic experiments.

Mass vaccination with a non-sterilizing vaccine in the mid of a pandemic will inevitably lead to new variants and will aggravate and prolong the crisis.   Mass vaccination is NOT the solution, it is actually creating a far bigger problem, but hey let's not look at what's happening right now in the high-vaxxed countries and also step in that vaccination-race. 

3 hours ago, Guevara said:

Learn to live with it and get vaccinated. 

Vaccinens protect you from systematic disease. 99% of the people that is hospitalised are noth vaccinated. Around the world. 

• Thanks 1

I think that we should be told the daily death figures, rather than the daily number of infections.

I think we should also be told the daily death rates for other causes such as:

Strokes, heart attack, cancer, dementia and seasonal flu for the sake of argument.

That way, we maybe able to make a more meaningful risk assessment for ourselves, thereby making more relevant decisions in respect of our own safety.

• Like 1

So the UK is best known for James Bond and Jack The Ripper !!

I assure everyone there is much more to my country, although I do enjoy exploring the world and miss doing so at the moment

Barry

• Like 2