News Forum - New York TAT says US travellers look for trips without quarantine

Thaiger

I don’t think Americans come here en masse. There are no direct flights and you have to transfer at least once. 

But if you do transfer I found Incheon to be relaxing. For starters, you don’t have to get your luggage, go to customs and immigration , check in again unlike other US airports. 

4 hours ago, Zool said:

That's a great question. I don't have a reference but I believe the asymptomatic spreaders is a myth.

Wow! Just wow. Flat earther as well?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

A governments first responsibility is to its citizens not to overprivileged white folk. Go to Florida!

You really believe that? A government's first responsibility is to its shareholders/corporations.

• Cool 1

4 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

If people had quarantined properly when they got sick, there would never have been a pandemic. Your logic is flawed in believing that people automatically give priority to the greater good. The last 18 months have proven the opposite to be true at every challenge. Vaccinated individuals, even if infected, pose less risk because they are less likely to develop a higher viral load causing transmission. Additionally, individuals that have chosen to get vaccinated are more likely to consider maintaining social distance and to wear a mask when asked, because they understand the importance and are less prone to behave in a selfish manner.

Not true. Vaccinated people carry a viral load over 250 times that of non-vaccinated.

https://childrenshealthdefense.org/defender/vaccinated-healthcare-workers-threat-unvaccinated-patients-co-workers/

Edited by Zool
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Might rely on science, less myths and beliefs.

It's not a myth or belief. It's been reported, I just don't have the reference handy. It's actually common knowledge that there is no asymptomatic spread.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mopi said:

I too thought it was a great question so I looked for an answer. And here it is https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lanepe.2021.100082

TLDR asymptomatic cases do spread covid but not as much as symptomatic cases. The good news is that vaccination does significantly reduce ones chances of being infected in the first place.

Who paid them to make that study?

1 hour ago, Disenfranchised said:

Never heard of tyhoid Mary? Plenty of references out there if you would just care to look.

We're not talking about typhoid. We're talking about covid, and we're not talking about every vaccine that's ever been used, we're talking about the experimental mRNA injections.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Wow! Just wow. Flat earther as well?

I'm going to ignore your insult. I've heard it reported from multiple sources that asymptomatic people do not spread the covid19 virus. I'm surprised so many people here are shocked. Perhaps they get their info from the mainstream news. I just don't have the reference handy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Vaccinated individuals, even if infected, pose less risk because they are less likely to develop a higher viral load causing transmission. Additionally, individuals that have chosen to get vaccinated are more likely to consider maintaining social distance and to wear a mask when asked, because they understand the importance and are less prone to behave in a selfish manner.

You need to check your facts.

I think, jt is in a study from israel, that vaccinated people can have a even higher viral load In there throat. Which is now seen as the reason, that Delta is so much quicker to transmit

And that vaccinated people are more responsible?

In the west, if asked, "a lot" are saying, they just got vaccinated to have their freedome  back.

And masks are.for.many an unneeded thing, now. Aside, looking around here on Phuket, the most people wearing a mask somewhere, but not over nose and mouse, that are vaccinated cool locals AND obvious sandbox tourists. They just care less, "I am vaccinated" it seems

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, JerseyBKK said:

Having SARS-CoV-2 once confers much greater immunity than a vaccine.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/08/having-sars-cov-2-once-confers-much-greater-immunity-vaccine-no-infection-parties

It seems the people who most deserve to not have to quarantine are those who already recovered from Covid.

Strangely, the covid recovered are not exempted in the mass genocide, errr I mean the mass vaccination agenda. Also, the covid recovered who are 'vaccinated' are more likely to have severe symptoms when getting covid again.

Edited by Zool
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Zool said:

I just don't have the reference handy.

Doesn't  that come handy?

A "kind of proof" for asymtomatic spreading could be the april.outbreak i  Thailand.

Or better, the quick riding  numbers on Phuket, after the three dumb mass dancing and partying events on Phuket.

No covid cases before, no sick people, just a very sound asymtomatic person travelling by plane from Bangkok to Phuket and attending all 3 events.

2 hours ago, Mopi said:

The longer I live as a fully vaccinated person in a covid recovering continent (Europe) the less inclined I am to entertain the excessive entry requirements put in place by Thailand. When Thailand had near zero case numbers it could claim some sort of safe haven exclusive status but those days are long gone and they ain't coming back. Drop the CoE, drop all PCR tests, drop special Thai insurance, for now I'd suggest an antigen test before arrival, some regular form of travel insurance, a 7 day sandbox (Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya) to reassure rural Thais that dirty foreigners aren't killing everyone. By November 2021 I doubt fully vaccinated western tourists will be prepared to put up with any restrictions so Thailand will need to decide what it's priorities are and how many of its people it is willing to drive into destitution.

I'm not sure I am reading you correctly...

Are you saying Thailand should open its borders and facilitate entry for tourists, so you can come to have a nice time, while Thais are mostly unvaccinated and the simple fact of additional movement and mingling will kill a few thousand more and that's acceptable because you want your leisure time in the sun?

2 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

I'm not sure I am reading you correctly...

Are you saying Thailand should open its borders and facilitate entry for tourists, so you can come to have a nice time, while Thais are mostly unvaccinated and the simple fact of additional movement and mingling will kill a few thousand more and that's acceptable because you want your leisure time in the sun?

Possibly but by his post he is also inferring that many Thais are stupid or brainwashed by him stating "to reassure rural Thais that dirty foreigners aren't killing everyone." If that is so then clearly he has no experience of rural Thailand, knows no one from rural Thailand and believes the prejudice some Thais have.  So he should understand that they are not the stupid numbnuts that some people, mostly Bangkokians and/or foreigners trapped in their cocoon of self importance make them out to be. In fact many are more worldly wise they they are given credit for and living amongst them for a very long time I have never encountered any rural Thai uttering such stupidity.

10 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Doesn't  that come handy?

A "kind of proof" for asymtomatic spreading could be the april.outbreak i  Thailand.

Or better, the quick riding  numbers on Phuket, after the three dumb mass dancing and partying events on Phuket.

No covid cases before, no sick people, just a very sound asymtomatic person travelling by plane from Bangkok to Phuket and attending all 3 events.

I have been sifting through conflicting information almost daily for over a year. I simply don't have a reference handy so I want to be honest and say "I don't have a reference", but I'm not dreaming, there have been multiple reports starting months ago that the asymptomatic spread is not a thing. This tears a huge hole in all the reasons for lockdowns and the mandatory experimental jabs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The New York Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that Americans who are fully vaccinated are looking to travel to destinations without complex restrictions. American travellers are looking away from previously popular destinations like Europe and Canada, and when they look for tropical beach destinations, quarantine-free destinations like the Maldives and the Caribbean are drawing the customers that might have previously chosen Thailand. The director of the TAT’s New York Office says that travellers and tour operators are forgoing countries that have Covid-19 restrictions, strict regulations about who can come in and complicated procedures in order to enter. […]

The post New York TAT says US travellers look for trips without quarantine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Why would anyone travel overseas for a vacation/holiday at this time? Vaccination does not mean freedom. Confused

Edited by HiuMak
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

... Vaccinated individuals, even if infected, pose less risk because they are less likely to develop a higher viral load causing transmission. ...

This 6-minute read article pulished last week on the website of National Geographic (dd 20 August 2021) tells a different story. 

Evidence mounts that people with breakthrough infections can spread Delta easily

A new study finds that this dominant variant can grow in the noses of vaccinated people as strongly as in unvaccinated people.

An excerpt >

... The Wisconsin study analyzed the nasal swabs from 719 cases of unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people who had all tested positive and found that 68 percent of the studied breakthrough patients had very high viral loads. High viral load is a sign that the virus is replicating, Gupta says.

To discover whether the nasal swabs had infectious virus, the Wisconsin researchers grew virus from 55 patient samples (from both vaccinated and unvaccinated people who tested positive) in special cells prone to SARS-CoV-2 infection. Grande’s team detected infectious virus in nearly everyone: from 88 percent of unvaccinated individuals and 95 percent of vaccinated people.

“We put the samples onto cells, and the cells died when they got infected. And so that clearly demonstrates that there is virus there, and that it's infectious,” Riemersma explains.

If vaccinated people can still produce a lot of infectious viruses, it means they can spread the virus as easily as those who are not vaccinated.

Source > https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/evidence-mounts-that-people-with-breakthrough-infections-can-spread-delta-easily

1 hour ago, HappyExpat said:

You really believe that? A government's first responsibility is to its shareholders/corporations.

That statement < A government's first responsibility is to its shareholders/corporations > explains a lot of your posts...

51 minutes ago, Zool said:

I'm going to ignore your insult. I've heard it reported from multiple sources that asymptomatic people do not spread the covid19 virus. I'm surprised so many people here are shocked. Perhaps they get their info from the mainstream news. I just don't have the reference handy.

You never seem to have any references handy - how convenient. Let me help you here - those references are pseudoscience conspiracy sources. You know, tinfoil hat people. Flat earthers and the such.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

That statement < A government's first responsibility is to its shareholders/corporations > explains a lot of your posts...

And your postings of pseudoscience explain yours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

You never seem to have any references handy - how convenient. Let me help you here - those references are pseudoscience conspiracy sources. You know, tinfoil hat people. Flat earthers and the such.

I give lots of references. I gave a reference just a few posts above this one. Maybe your definition of "never" is different than mine?

Edited by Zool
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zool said:

I have been sifting through conflicting information almost daily for over a year. I simply don't have a reference handy so I want to be honest and say "I don't have a reference", but I'm not dreaming, there have been multiple reports starting months ago that the asymptomatic spread is not a thing. This tears a huge hole in all the reasons for lockdowns and the mandatory experimental jabs.

It is not that asymptomatic spread is impossible, but it turns out to be extremely rare.  The panick-measures at the beginning of this covid-crisis to protect from these 'invisible spreaders' were totally out of proportion.

But although asymptomatic spread (spreading the virus without developing any symptoms at all) is indeed not a thingy, there is pre-symptomatic spread.  But such pre-symptomatic spread (typically 1-2 days before actual symptoms arise) is not exclusively by the unvaccinated.  On the contrary, not only can vaccinated people get infected and pre-symptomatically spread the virus BUT MORE IMPORTANT their vaccination actually supresses their symptoms, which means that they will unwittingly be spreading the virus far longer than the unvaccinated who will isolate themselves from the moment they experience first symptoms. 

It hasn't dawned yet on the majority of people (and the main-stream media will not tell them) that it are actually the vaccinated that pose a far greater threat to spread covid-19 than the unvaccinated...

my astrologer told me not to get vaccinated until after the Super Stellium of Sun, Mercury, Mars, and Ketu in Scorpio on December 5, 2021.

I suggest you do the same.