News Forum - New York TAT says US travellers look for trips without quarantine

Thaiger

The New York Office of the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that Americans who are fully vaccinated are looking to travel to destinations without complex restrictions. American travellers are looking away from previously popular destinations like Europe and Canada, and when they look for tropical beach destinations, quarantine-free destinations like the Maldives and the Caribbean are drawing the customers that might have previously chosen Thailand. The director of the TAT’s New York Office says that travellers and tour operators are forgoing countries that have Covid-19 restrictions, strict regulations about who can come in and complicated procedures in order to enter. […]

The post New York TAT says US travellers look for trips without quarantine appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Just open Thailand whitout restrictions and people will come back. There is 20.000 and probally more! new covid-19 every day inside Thailand. Open for vaccinated turists now! Not tommorow but now before its too late its painful to see how people is suffering in Thailand many many is uniployed and its only getting worse!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

"Americans who are fully vaccinated are looking to travel to destinations without complex restrictions."

No sh** Sherlock!

• Like 8
  • Haha 5

It's not just Americans, its a no given that any tourist would choose a country with restrictions and expense over a FREE country. But not Spain, Jay said it's more expensive. 😅😅

• Like 3

1 hour ago, werbri said:

Just open Thailand whitout restrictions and people will come back. There is 20.000 and probally more! new covid-19 every day inside Thailand. Open for vaccinated turists now! Not tommorow but now before its too late its painful to see how people is suffering in Thailand many many is uniployed and its only getting worse!!

'Vaccinated' people can still get infected and can still get other people infected. I'm not sure I would want a bunch of infected people travelling all over the world, not showing symptoms, so they wouldn't even know that they are infected and need to isolate. I would much rather see the unvaccinated travelling. When they get sick, they are aware, and can quarantine properly. I think the vaccinated should be on quarantine until the vaccine loses its effectiveness, which is a few months I believe.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Yep... the "Casedemic" bean counters... Screwed the pooch as we say in America. Lol.

Thailand was sitting on a golden opportunity to lead the global re-opening of tourism. 

Yeah... the sandbox is open, many, too many restrictions apply. Any rational traveler takes one look at the restrictions and says... no way. The only travelers to Thailand right now are those that have a significant history in Thailand and are willing to endure the restrictions and all of the potential risks of your "holiday" being completely ruined. Not even mentioned, but stated in the article, for example UK folks now have a return quarantine... that's seals the fate of any hopes of Thailand having a tourist season now. 

To make matters worse, Thailand is now going to have to work extra hard to get their numbers down to sustainable levels before the U.S. and the U.K. remove the warnings labeled upon Thailand travel. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zool said:

'Vaccinated' people can still get infected and can still get other people infected. I'm not sure I would want a bunch of infected people travelling all over the world, not showing symptoms, so they wouldn't even know that they are infected and need to isolate. I would much rather see the unvaccinated travelling. When they get sick, they are aware, and can quarantine properly. I think the vaccinated should be on quarantine until the vaccine loses its effectiveness, which is a few months I believe.

Congratulations! That is the dumbest thing I've read in awhile.

• Like 15
  • Angry 1

People of Phuket are vaccinated and tourists coming to Phuket are also vaccinated, so for christ sake why this crazy game of PCR testing and all that insanity !? It's time to let people live their life and earn money.

• Like 9

Thailand is going to have to wake up and realize that everyone will get the virus (willingly or unwillingly)

The countries that had break outs early on have significantly lower infection rates now then in the beginning of 2020 and for the most part their economies are almost back to normal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zool said:

I would much rather see the unvaccinated travelling. When they get sick, they are aware, and can quarantine properly.

So there were no asymptotic cases of people who were unvaccinated?  

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Soidog said:

So there were no asymptotic cases of people who were unvaccinated?  

That's a great question. I don't have a reference but I believe the asymptomatic spreaders is a myth.

2 hours ago, Zool said:

If people had quarantined properly when they got sick, there would never have been a pandemic. Your logic is flawed in believing that people automatically give priority to the greater good. The last 18 months have proven the opposite to be true at every challenge. Vaccinated individuals, even if infected, pose less risk because they are less likely to develop a higher viral load causing transmission. Additionally, individuals that have chosen to get vaccinated are more likely to consider maintaining social distance and to wear a mask when asked, because they understand the importance and are less prone to behave in a selfish manner.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The director of the TAT’s New York Office says that travellers and tour operators are forgoing countries that have Covid-19 restrictions, strict regulations about who can come in and complicated procedures in order to enter.

Crikey who'd have thought that .. 

TaT'll mull this over then come back with an Sha 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 + 2 and free milk shakes with your swab up the hooter covid tests .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FINALLY! A Thai "Outside" of the Bubble world that is LOS gets it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  THIS!!!!

Im a yank and have been waiting months, even now hoping for October only with the mindset

that the PM would open LOS just to save face on the 120 day claims he made to open the country up

Im vaccinated and ready to travel.....if nothing happens in Oct I will def start looking at other options....

• Like 2

4 hours ago, werbri said:

I'll be first in Line...been waiting for this to happen....tho doubtful due to thai logic

Uh, duh.  I won’t travel anywhere that requires quarantine.  What type of “vacation” is that?  But there’s a few out there who don’t mind being restricted on their getaway.  

1 minute ago, Craig said:

Uh, duh.  I won’t travel anywhere that requires quarantine.  What type of “vacation” is that?  But there’s a few out there who don’t mind being restricted on their getaway.  

There's always those looking for thrills so they perhaps they consider quarantine as much fun as base jumping or free diving 😄

3 hours ago, Zool said:

That's a great question. I don't have a reference but I believe the asymptomatic spreaders is a myth.

Might rely on science, less myths and beliefs.

3 hours ago, Zool said:

I too thought it was a great question so I looked for an answer. And here it is https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lanepe.2021.100082

TLDR asymptomatic cases do spread covid but not as much as symptomatic cases. The good news is that vaccination does significantly reduce ones chances of being infected in the first place.

• Like 2

The longer I live as a fully vaccinated person in a covid recovering continent (Europe) the less inclined I am to entertain the excessive entry requirements put in place by Thailand. When Thailand had near zero case numbers it could claim some sort of safe haven exclusive status but those days are long gone and they ain't coming back. Drop the CoE, drop all PCR tests, drop special Thai insurance, for now I'd suggest an antigen test before arrival, some regular form of travel insurance, a 7 day sandbox (Phuket, Bangkok, Pattaya) to reassure rural Thais that dirty foreigners aren't killing everyone. By November 2021 I doubt fully vaccinated western tourists will be prepared to put up with any restrictions so Thailand will need to decide what it's priorities are and how many of its people it is willing to drive into destitution.

Edited by Mopi
Typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zool said:

Never heard of tyhoid Mary? Plenty of references out there if you would just care to look.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I'll be first in Line...been waiting for this to happen....tho doubtful due to thai logic

A governments first responsibility is to its citizens not to overpriviliged white folk. Go to Florida!

• Haha 1