Should Ivermectin be made available to all Covid-19 patients in Japan?

JTCarius

10 minutes ago, yetanother said:

good news, think those numbnut 'leaders' here are listening ? or do they have their fingers in the vacc pies ?

It's beginning to look as if all those forthright replies from people who thought Ivermectin was bolleaux, were wrong.

• Like 5

Nope.  Sorry dude but you have been suckered by misinformation again.

Ivermectin is not approved for treatment of covid in Japan.

Be more careful about where you get your news.  Failure to do so could literally be the death of you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

Nope.  Sorry dude but you have been suckered by misinformation again.

Ivermectin is not approved for treatment of covid in Japan.

Be more careful about where you get your news.  Failure to do so could literally be the death of you.

61935684_2278637929020097_1157110420570374144_n.gif

30 minutes ago, Faraday said:

It's beginning to look as if all those forthright replies from people who thought Ivermectin was bolleaux, were wrong.

I don't think they "",,,,thought Ivermectin was bolleaux,"" at all. They were, and still are, working to an agenda that is to cause mayhem, and try to discredit, anything that goes against the MSM narrative.

They can't really rubbish Ivermectin due to insufficient data; as there are lots of trials. And the integrity of it cannot seriously be questioned. Many of these people are paid to do their deeds. TT is popular enough to attract these 'spoilers'.

Edited by snapdragon
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

Not approved for COVID-19 treatment here in Japan, but unlike in many other countries, where it is derided in the media (or openly disparaged by the CDC), it is being looked at seriously.  Maybe because Ivermectin originated in Japan, it’s looked upon with more of an open mind, I don’t know. 

It was reported here that Ivermectin is approved as a treatment in Peru, and that deaths have plummeted. Can anyone verify that? 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Not approved for COVID-19 treatment here in Japan, but unlike in many other countries, where it is derided in the media (or openly disparaged by the CDC), it is being looked at seriously.  Maybe because Ivermectin originated in Japan, it’s looked upon with more of an open mind, I don’t know. 

It was reported here that Ivermectin is approved as a treatment in Peru, and that deaths have plummeted. Can anyone verify that? 

Attached a study about the use of Ivermectin in Peru, which resulted in a 14-fold reduction in excess deaths.  Unfortunately the decision to use IVM was then restricted and then led to a 13-fold increase in deaths again.

204405692_IvermectinforCOVID-19inPeru14-foldreductioninnationwideexcessdeathsp.002foreffectbystate.pdf

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

I guess we'll see in time - one way or the other. 

You've all been had again. The subtitles do not match the spoken text...

It just shows how desperate some are to prove their "opinion".

And for all those who want to take Ivermectin: read here what the views are. And see that Merck, the manufacturer itself says about it!

BTW, dated 3 days ago.

Ivermectin still not proven as COVID drug

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20210824_09/

In the US, the National Institutes of Health warned in February that ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of any viral infection.

It said it was impossible to draw definitive conclusions on the clinical efficacy of the drug for COVID-19 treatment. The reasons it cited included the limited sample size of studies, the lack of clarity on the severity of COVID-19 in study participants, and other incomplete information.

Ivermectin's US manufacturer Merck also said in February that there was "no scientific basis" for the drug's potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19.

In March, the World Health Organization advised that ivermectin should only be used to treat patients within clinical trials.

It said data from 16 trials involving 2,407 subjects showed that evidence on whether the drug reduces mortality or quickens improvement was of "very low certainty."

Japan's health ministry's COVID-19 treatment guidelines revised in July places ivermectin in a category of drugs whose efficacy and safety have not been established.

The guidelines refer to reports that the drug does not improve mortality, shorten hospitalization or hasten the reduction of viral loads in patients with mild symptoms.

Liver disorders are among the drug's possible side effects. The manufacturer also said it was unclear whether the product could be safely used among elderly people or pregnant women.

Ivermectin is also given in high doses to animals to treat parasitic diseases. The US Food and Drug Administration said in March that it has received multiple reports of patients who have been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses

Edited by Bob20
added date

37 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Approved and available are different though. Ivermectin has been available to treat Covid-19 for several months in Japan. There are doctors in Japan who have been using it to treat Covid-19 successfully.

The official recommendation by Dr Ozaki, chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association adds a whole new level of credibility for Ivermectins use.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

And for all those who want to take Ivermectin: read here what the views are. And see that Merck, the manufacturer itself says about it!

BTW, dated 3 days ago.

Ivermectin still not proven as COVID drug

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20210824_09/

In the US, the National Institutes of Health warned in February that ivermectin is not approved for the treatment of any viral infection.

It said it was impossible to draw definitive conclusions on the clinical efficacy of the drug for COVID-19 treatment. The reasons it cited included the limited sample size of studies, the lack of clarity on the severity of COVID-19 in study participants, and other incomplete information.

Ivermectin's US manufacturer Merck also said in February that there was "no scientific basis" for the drug's potential therapeutic effect against COVID-19.

In March, the World Health Organization advised that ivermectin should only be used to treat patients within clinical trials.

It said data from 16 trials involving 2,407 subjects showed that evidence on whether the drug reduces mortality or quickens improvement was of "very low certainty."

Japan's health ministry's COVID-19 treatment guidelines revised in July places ivermectin in a category of drugs whose efficacy and safety have not been established.

The guidelines refer to reports that the drug does not improve mortality, shorten hospitalization or hasten the reduction of viral loads in patients with mild symptoms.

Liver disorders are among the drug's possible side effects. The manufacturer also said it was unclear whether the product could be safely used among elderly people or pregnant women.

Ivermectin is also given in high doses to animals to treat parasitic diseases. The US Food and Drug Administration said in March that it has received multiple reports of patients who have been hospitalized after self-medicating with ivermectin intended for horses

Nobody said it has been proven in Japan.

Edited by JTCarius

12 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Attached a study about the use of Ivermectin in Peru, which resulted in a 14-fold reduction in excess deaths.  Unfortunately the decision to use IVM was then restricted and then led to a 13-fold increase in deaths again.

The graph on page 3 is eye-watering. Nice detective work @BlueSphinx

This is a meticulous scientific analysis of trends in death rates. I checked the writers; none of them are flagged as spreaders of “misinformation”. 

Why was the treatment discontinued and why has this not been reported?  🧐

Again, I think it got coverage in Japan because the MSM and the government would be loathe to dismiss a homegrown drug as a treatment.

6 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Approved and available are different though. Ivermectin has been available to treat Covid-19 for several months in Japan. There are doctors in Japan who have been using it to treat Covid-19 successfully.

The official recommendation by Dr Ozaki, chairman of the Tokyo Metropolitan Medical Association adds a whole new level of credibility for Ivermectins use.

5 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Nobody said it has been proven in Japan.

Point taken JTC, but then this topic Ivermectin now available to all Covid-19 patients in Japan is misleading. It should read that it's available at a few doctors but not recommended practice yet.

4 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Approved and available are different though. Ivermectin has been available to treat Covid-19 for several months.

No disputes there from me at all; worth noting though that Japanese people on the whole are far less likely to self-medicate than our friends.

Still, an open mind is a good thing and it’s being looked at, not dismissed out of hand like in many places.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Nobody’s been had, Bob20. We’re just looking at information from all sides.

Glad for your input in the discussion. Always good to consider every angle.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Point taken JTC, but then this topic Ivermectin now available to all Covid-19 patients in Japan is misleading. It should read that it's available at a few doctors but not recommended practice yet.

It is not misleading though. What I understand from the Japanese sources I am looking at now indicates therapy using imported Ivermectin  is available to any doctor or patient that requests it.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Had to download Reddit to read that one, @JTCarius. You own stock in them? 😎😜

Surprised about the death threats.. Why? How? 

I’ll keep an eye on the Japanese media to see what else comes out 👍🏻

• Like 1

Just now, BigHewer said:

Had to download Reddit to read that one, @JTCarius. You own stock in them? 😎😜

Surprised about the death threats.. Why? How? 

I’ll keep an eye on the Japanese media to see what else comes out 👍🏻

😅 I tried to just copy the video link, couldn't figure out how to do it. The comments are pretty interesting though right? Death threats.

• Like 1

https://ivmmeta.com/

Browse a bit down and you can see each study, the treatment group, control group and dosage. This does not require rocket science. Either it works or works not. And it seems it works pretty well.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

https://ivmmeta.com/

Browse a bit down and you can see each study, the treatment group, control group and dosage. This does not require rocket science. Either it works or works not. And it seems it works pretty well.

Yup, and if you look here, you can see that it's an incorrectly conducted paper, spread by social media, of which JackIsAGoodBoy is fully aware, but keeps repeating it anyway. BTW: without warning or reference to the reader, showing exactly that he is not interested in information gathering and discussion, but only in spouting limited disinformation. Reason for which the known CCC mates immediately approve and no doubt immediately jump on me as they don't really want to hear the other side...

Different websites (such as https://ivmmeta.com/, 

https://c19ivermectin.com/,https://tratamientotemprano.org/estudios-ivermectina/, among others) have conducted meta-analyses with ivermectin studies, showing unpublished colourful forest plots which rapidly gained public acknowledgement and were disseminated via social media, without following any methodological or report guidelines

Misleading clinical evidence and systematic reviews on ivermectin for COVID-19

Concluding, research related to ivermectin in COVID-19 has serious methodological limitations resulting in very low certainty of the evidence, and continues to grow.37–39 The use of ivermectin, among others repurposed drugs for prophylaxis or treatment for COVID-19, should be done based on trustable evidence, without conflicts of interest, with proven safety and efficacy in patient-consented, ethically approved, randomised clinical trials.

bmjebm-2021-111678.pdf

I found this online template as to how to circumvent the science and get people interested in Ivermectin:

Maybe you find it interesting, or are using it already 😉 For clarity, this is NOT mine ☺️

How to convince ivermectin is to be taken seriously

I'm collecting here a list of do's and don'ts when trying to explain ivermectin is to be taken seriously.

I'm doing this because there's way too much discussion around vaccines, big pharma influence, incompetence or even corruption of authorities. I believe those should be avoided in the discussions as those immediately position your message on the conspiracy side. Avoid them if you want to push ivermectin forward. The goal is make people notice ivermectin exists and it is actually backed up by a lot of good research.

So, the do's:

• Refer the WHO review. It says 81 percent mortality reduction, but very low certainty evidence. This gives you a reference to authority, and something to build on.
  • Next up, there's been a lot of evidence after the WHO review! Some great examples to use are some of the meta analyses published after the WHO review. Message is - there was very low certainty evidence at that point, but there's been more after that. Also great to mention there's excellent amount of studies around ivermectin!
  • Mexico City and La Pampa are great references. Did you know that Mexico City compared 80k patients treated with ivermectin and aspirin to ones who didn't get it? More than fifty percent reduction in hospitalizations! Yes, this data is coming from officials and health registries! And there's similar case in La Pampa. They used WHO's MEURI program (hey, again reference to authority!!!), and based on the results they saw 40 percent reduction in ICU among 2000 patients getting ivermectin!
  • It's actually in use in many places, among the countries which have approved it are India, Mexico, Panama, Slovakia, Czechia, and there's many more! It's good to note the usage varies by country

The don'ts. These are around not positioning yourself as conspiracy theorist.

• No point in discussing about big pharma trying to slow it down, trying to sell molnupavir etc.
  • Don't mention politicans or the governmental institutions working for big pharma. However you might want to mention how the institutions have often been slow and wrong about other aspects of the pandemic (early response, mask flip flopping, is it airborne, the story of dexametason's late approval).
  • Don't mention vaccines vs ivermectin. Most people do believe vaccines are a good solution. You don't want to fight that battle, concentrate on ivermectin.
  • Don't mention ivermectin as miracle cure stopping the pandemic. This is too much to handle! It's enough to convince it has good efficacy. Also, all the evidence points that ivermectin is not a miracle cure. The best case efficacy is around 80 percent.

Just repeating once more. The goal of the above points is to make ivermectin noticed. The goal is not to discuss why it's not noticed at the moment. If the person gets interested in the topic, then make them wonder why it's not noticed (my personal approach is don't explain with malice that which can be explained with stupidity, but not all can be explained with stupidity alone)

58 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

It is not misleading though. What I understand from the Japanese sources I am looking at now indicates therapy using imported Ivermectin  is available to any doctor or patient that requests it.

Well, I think in general the title should reflect the content. 

And I seriously doubt you are correct, given that the countries largest broadcaster and news site says exactly the opposite only 3 days ago, with no update or correction. Nobody seems to be bothered and steamrolls over it.

But glad to hear that you're interested in every view.

Edited by Bob20

1 hour ago, BigHewer said:

The scientist who found Ivermectin is actually Japanese, he has been shut up (like so many top sientists who differ slighty with the official narrative) a while back for voicing his concerns that Ivermectin was "ignored" by WHO and many health authorities worldwide. However it is used all over the world, even in countries where it has not been "approved" where doctors are (still) free to prescribe as they feel fit (France, UK, US, etc...). It has been approved by many countries, even in Europe (Portugal, Czeck Republik, Slovakia,...).

But instead of writing about it, I advise anyone to visit the main source about it https://covid19criticalcare.com/ . Dozens of trials (even those infamous randomised ones) around the globe and clear evidences that it does have a huge positive impact...but Ivermectin alone is not enough, it is usually given with azytromicin, zinc, vitamines supplements, etc...

There is also currently a study on Ivermectin in Thailand (https://trialsitenews.com/thailands-largest-hospital-to-initiates-ivermectin-clinical-trial-in-covid-19-patients/)....

... and even in the UK (https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-06-23-ivermectin-be-investigated-possible-treatment-covid-19-oxford-s-principle-trial)

Now why WHO and, for example, the FDC in the US do not approve Ivermectin? I do not know (of course I have an opinion but it is irrevelant). But why those 2 bodies back in spring last year were recommanding Remdesevir (and never Ivermectin in comparaison)? Gilead, the manufacturer of Remdesevir, tried to flog that crap for Aids years ago, not working. They tried with Ebola, not working. So they had a last go with Covid 19. It was hugely promoted by Fauci in the US although many scientists warned that it was not only not working, but it is also toxic. A treatment with Remdesevir costs 3000 times more than Ivermectin. Quasi no side-effects with Ivermectin, Remdesevir is hugely toxic...which was eventually agreed by WHO that did a complete u-turn in October (and if you believe in coincidences, the EU bought 1 billion of that crap...3 days before WHO u-turn). Knowing all that, and after reading all evidences on Ivermectin, why is it pushed away by (mostly) western countries??? Any idea? Oh yeah, Gilead made 900 millions profits with Remdesevir last year and their shares went through the roof!

Meanwhile, the Bar Association in India (where Ivermectin is widely used), is suing WHO for, and I quote: “running a disinformation campaign against Ivermectin”.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2