Thailand’s most famous diving spots

Thaiger

Thailand is teeming with natural beauty and its islands, perhaps, are the most iconic in the world. With diving a popular activity, seeing coral reefs and diverse marine life is something that most people feature on their bucket lists. Regardless if you end up on the Andaman Seaside or the Gulf of Thailand side of the country, scuba diving is surely to be an unforgettable experience with plenty of exotic, underwater scenery. Thailand’s 8 Most Famous Diving Spots 1. Sail Rock, Koh Tao Known as the best place for diving in Thailand, Koh Tao features amazing marine life and cheap […]

The post Thailand’s most famous diving spots appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

As a long time diver, I would have to say if there is any way you can avoid diving in the Gulf, do it. The diving is not particularly good, and often the water is quite murky, with visibility of only 3-5 meters. And there are other good reasons for avoiding, and not supporting Dark Tao. Plus, not a huge amount of fish, sharks, turtles, etc.

The Andaman on the other hand, is amazing. So are nearby places like the NW coast of Bali. World class 75 meter walls, with visibility of 30-50 meters. Stunning. 

• Cool 1

8 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

As a long time diver, I would have to say if there is any way you can avoid diving in the Gulf, do it.

The Andaman on the other hand, is amazing. So are nearby places like the NW coast of Bali. World class 75 meter walls, with visibility of 30-50 meters. Stunning. 

I never had a dive trip in the Gulf, but good to know.  I agree the Andaman on a dive boat has very clear visibility, coral, and a variety of fish.  Philippines is also nice off the coast of Cebu.  Sea horses among the coral walls and can swim near the whale sharks.  Will have to try a Bali dive on my next trip there.  Only been there once in 2019 and didn’t dive on that trip.

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Dancbmac said:

I never had a dive trip in the Gulf, but good to know.  I agree the Andaman on a dive boat has very clear visibility, coral, and a variety of fish.  Philippines is also nice off the coast of Cebu.  Sea horses among the coral walls and can swim near the whale sharks.  Will have to try a Bali dive on my next trip there.  Only been there once in 2019 and didn’t dive on that trip.

It was Menjangan Island. A short 30 minute speedboat ride from the NW tip of the island. You could see the Selat Bali Strait, over towards Java, and we were in the Bali Sea, which is spectacular, pristine, and deep. It was just off West Bali National Park. 

From the island, you walked into the sea, and swam one minute to the wall. It was about a 200ft sheer wall, and the visibility was out of control. Best dive spot of my lifetime. 

Pemuteran-Menjangan-Bali-Indonesia.jpg

• Like 1
  • Cool 1