News Forum - Pfizer vaccine to be rolled out to 4 million students from next month

Thaiger

Over 4 million Thai students, between the ages of 12 and 18, will be inoculated with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine from September. Kanokwan Vilawan from the Education Ministry says officials will roll out 3 million doses of the vaccine, which arrives next month, and is seeking more doses to cover 4 million young people. According to a Bangkok Post report, Kanokwan expects the rollout to be completed in a month, just in time for schools re-opening. She says 600,000 out of 900,000 teachers around the country have now been vaccinated. Currently, over 1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by the US […]

The post Pfizer vaccine to be rolled out to 4 million students from next month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Over 4 million Thai students, between the ages of 12 and 18, will be inoculated with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine from September. Kanokwan Vilawan from the Education Ministry says officials will roll out 3 million doses of the vaccine, which arrives next month, and is seeking more doses to cover 4 million young people. According to a Bangkok Post report, Kanokwan expects the rollout to be completed in a month, just in time for schools re-opening. She says 600,000 out of 900,000 teachers around the country have now been vaccinated. Currently, over 1.5 million Pfizer doses donated by the US […]

The post Pfizer vaccine to be rolled out to 4 million students from next month appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Excellent if it really happens

But!

Should not the vaccination not be done by age as in all other countries by doing this unecessary people are vaccinated and people in need are suffering 

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

It is great students are getting a vaccine but the government said they would prioitize the most vulnerable, the elderly and those with chronic underlying conditions and resident foreigners and Thais would be treated alike. I know many of us who are in this group, have registered on the government website but we hear nothing and are confined to shield in our homes. 

• Like 7

52 minutes ago, Dorian said:

It is great students are getting a vaccine but the government said they would prioritize the most vulnerable, the elderly and those with chronic underlying conditions and resident foreigners and Thais would be treated alike. I know many of us who are in this group, have registered on the government website but we hear nothing and are confined to shield in our homes. 

There are so many anomalies and so much unfairness throughout the entire vax roll-out fiasco, but we DO hope that your situation is soon eased. And sorry I missed your debut post, last month, but thanks for that!

Hello, Dorian and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

So that's why there is no more Pfizer vaccine being offered in my province.  I think it was 2 days only that it was offered, and no one I know that signed up on the expatvac site was contacted for a shot.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

150,000 doses have been set aside for elderly expats or those with underlying health conditions. 

Really?

Plenty of them are still waiting for their first jab, or even an appointment for their first jab!

On a different note, how can you roll out 3 million doses (regardless of how much they're badly needed elsewhere) for 4 million students?

Even in my geriatric state I can still work out that 3 million isn't 8 million!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrStretch said:

So that's why there is no more Pfizer vaccine being offered in my province.  I think it was 2 days only that it was offered, and no one I know that signed up on the expatvac site was contacted for a shot.

Ditto up here, where after a two month break vaccinations are re-starting next week (but not yet for expats).

2 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Really?

Plenty of them are still waiting for their first jab, or even an appointment for their first jab!

On a different note, how can you roll out 3 million doses (regardless of how much they're badly needed elsewhere) for 4 million students?

Even in my geriatric state I can still work out that 3 million isn't 8 million!

Geriatric?  BS! 

You got a new calculator ... 😜 woohoo!

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MrStretch said:

You may not know them but you know off them as some on this forum received their shots after signing up on that site, me included.

Over 4 million Thai students, between the ages of 12 and 18, will be inoculated with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine from September. ... 

That news literally made my stomach turn this morning.  And of course the loons are also planning to innoculate pregnant women...

On 8/27/2021 at 4:32 AM, Thaiger said:

Read the full story

Over 4 million Thai students, between the ages of 12 and 18, will be inoculated with the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine from September so to have them all jabbed before schools re-open. ... 

That News story from five days ago, should be daily Headline News, but it hardly generated any comments.  And I do not find any follow-up or 'progress' stories on those plans in the news.   Have we become so dulled that such criminal insanity does not even provoke a reaction anymore? 

Let me put it straight > only MONSTERS would vaccinate healthy children with an experimental shot for a virus that poses zero risk to them. 

Stand-Firm-against-Vaccination-demon _ 624x1024.jpg

On 8/26/2021 at 7:44 PM, gummy said:

Well, at least there's the notion of high asperations. 

I'm hoping for the best for the overall Thai programs, as it appears to have received a spark of late - when it looked absolutely pathetic and stagnant a few months ago.

Things are moving along in a positive directions. The numbers are increasing daily.

Firstly i have no problems with vaccines that is not an issue for me

But This is so wrong vaccinating younger people before needful older ones

What in earth are they trying to prove

Edited by poohy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/26/2021 at 7:44 PM, gummy said:

Despite the perceived inequity, this should be seen as a huge step forward. Here in the United States, younger people are making up the majority of new cases and hospitalization. In addition to causing asymptomatic spread. 

• Like 2

The problem is living here and just not knowing when you will get a vaccine and promises to different groups all around you being offered vaccines... especially a 3rd booster jab for many when your sitting patiently for your number to be called... some registration sites have changed many times and many appointments have been cancled.. and sadly people that are in high risk categories don't actually get asked on the registration sites if they are in the high risk .. your just a application with the rest.. I've been lucky and got my first dose AstraZeneca in phuket 12 July well after the 1st of July sandbox opening date! But I have heard now they are bringing the second dose forward by 4 weeks just have to wait for sms ! I Can understand many people's frustrations and happiness 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Despite the perceived inequity, this should be seen as a huge step forward. Here in the United States, younger people are making up the majority of new cases and hospitalization. In addition to causing asymptomatic spread. 

So someone from an age group that is largely unaffected by Covid and many are asymptomatic should inject themselves with a relatively untested mRNA vaccine so Covid does not possibly spread to some overweight, out of shape adult with poor eating habits and compromised natural immunity... hmmm

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Firstly i have no problems with vaccines that is not an issue for me

But This is so wrong vaccinating younger people before needful older ones

What in earth are they trying to prove

Good afternoon Poohy.

is so can open school again. Delta spread with kids. 10 kids die already in Thailand and thousands in the world.

Kid at school sit all day together in room 30- 50 kid. Play together 100s or 1000s. Perfect for virus. 

if they get it, then take home to parents and grandparents. 

so, necessary for do it. 

will safe many life.

• Cool 1

On 8/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, BlueSphinx said:

And of course the loons are also planning to innoculate pregnant women...

Most pregnant woman already have vaccine. 

Not loons. Medical expert and doctor. In Thailand and around the world. 

No problem. Not need to be scared.

Need be scared covid, not be scared vaccine na.

37 of the mothers died, as did 20 children with 11 dying at birth, 9 perished during the first 7 days after birth. Another two infant deaths tied to the virus were reported in Chainat and Udon Thani provinces on August 13. The Mor Prom system shows that 7,935 women have received their first dose of vaccine with 574 having received both doses.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210814134405192

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Most pregnant woman already have vaccine. 

Not loons. Medical expert and doctor. In Thailand and around the world. 

No problem. Not need to be scared.

Need be scared covid, not be scared vaccine na.

37 of the mothers died, as did 20 children with 11 dying at birth, 9 perished during the first 7 days after birth. Another two infant deaths tied to the virus were reported in Chainat and Udon Thani provinces on August 13. The Mor Prom system shows that 7,935 women have received their first dose of vaccine with 574 having received both doses.

https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG210814134405192

ALL women of child-bearing age and certainly those that are pregnant, should be well aware of the risk they are taking by getting vaccinated, not only for themselves, but also for their future 'child-wish' or their unborn infant when already pregnant.

The views of that Thai doctor you are quoting are certainly not endorsed by all medics and obstetricians in UK.  Attached the link to two articles which might give you a somewhat different perspective on the matter:

> https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/every-woman-of-child-bearing-age-should-read-this-warning-on-the-covid-vaccines/ 

> https://www.conservativewoman.co.uk/obstetricians-safety-claims-on-covid-vaccine-in-pregnancy-were-misleading-and-biased/ 

52 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Good afternoon Poohy.

is so can open school again. Delta spread with kids. 10 kids die already in Thailand and thousands in the world.

Kid at school sit all day together in room 30- 50 kid. Play together 100s or 1000s. Perfect for virus. 

if they get it, then take home to parents and grandparents. 

so, necessary for do it. 

will safe many life.

Pardon me i disagree if the kids spread it the older parents family etc should be vaccinated first

There are so many groups supposedly being or waiting to be vaccinated the whole system is confused

The system should imho be first line providers first  then people of all nationalities by age and medical conditions. ..this would allow a safe orderly program and cut out the vaccines for payment and goverment mates mates line ups

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

ALL women of child-bearing age and certainly those that are pregnant, should be well aware of the risk they are taking by getting vaccinated

Bigger risk not to be vaccinated. 
They die, and baby die. Happen already.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Yinn said:

Bigger risk not to be vaccinated. 
They die, and baby die. Happen already.

The more I read your 'ramblings', the more I question them.

Edited by King Cotton
Insulting remark removed, 'them' inserted in its place.

3 hours ago, poohy said:

Pardon me i disagree

No problem disagree. 
Nobody have perfect solution.
Terrible problem. 

if I boss of the world my solution....

Tell everybody prepare for 2 weeks. Get food etc. enough for 5 weeks.
then September 15 lockdown the world for 5 weeks. Only leave house for medical emergency. Only doctor can work, only for emergency. Serious lockdown. 

That 5 week the Covid can not spread. It will disappear. 
November 15 this year open the world and have party together. 
Merry Xmas New Year. 

• Like 1