Sotrovimab Neutralizes All Known SARS-CoV-2 Strains

DiggR

Came across this info and thought it news worthy and as FYI. I don't condone, nor condemn the treatment and apologize in advance if this is not a real possibility for treatment but feel it could be something worthy of discussion and further research.

Sotrovimab, the newest antibody therapy, was developed by GlaxoSmithKline and Vir Biotechnology after a large collaborative study by scientists from across the nation discovered a natural antibody (in the blood of a SARS survivor, back in 2003) that has remarkable breadth and efficacy.

Experiments showed that this antibody, called S309, neutralizes all known SARS-CoV-2 strains – including newly emerged mutants that can now “escape” from previous antibody therapies – as well as the closely related original SARS-CoV virus.

Copied from ScienceTechDaily article

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It's a difficult read but it shows promise. 

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2349-y

"As S309 shows promise as an effective countermeasure to the COVID-19 pandemic caused by SARS-CoV-2, Fc variants of S309 with increased half-life and effector functions have entered an accelerated development path towards clinical trials."

Maybe better than cow dewormer?

• Like 1

@HappyExpat > The study you referred to < https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2349-y >  was published 18 May 2020.  But sounded very promising, and the article referenced by @DiggR provides latest status of research on S309 > https://scitechdaily.com/inescapable-covid-19-antibody-discovery-neutralizes-all-known-sars-cov-2-strains/

The article states that The FDA granted an EUA for sotrovimab in late May after trials showed that people with mild to moderate COVID-19 infections who received an infusion of the therapy had an 85% reduction in rates of hospitalization or death, compared with placebo.

But that's not better than the results achieved with cheap (because off-patent) and safe Ivermectin.  And it is a bit disingenuous to refer to Ivermectin as 'cow dewormer'  as Ivermectin has been used for humans literally millions of times - with NO side effects - and virtually eradicated the terrible river blindness disease, and that was before its effectiveness against covid-19 was discovered.

33 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

@HappyExpat > The study you referred to < https://www.nature.com/articles/s41586-020-2349-y >  was published 18 May 2020.  But sounded very promising, and the article referenced by @DiggR provides latest status of research on S309 > https://scitechdaily.com/inescapable-covid-19-antibody-discovery-neutralizes-all-known-sars-cov-2-strains/

The article states that The FDA granted an EUA for sotrovimab in late May after trials showed that people with mild to moderate COVID-19 infections who received an infusion of the therapy had an 85% reduction in rates of hospitalization or death, compared with placebo.

But that's not better than the results achieved with cheap (because off-patent) and safe Ivermectin.  And it is a bit disingenuous to refer to Ivermectin as 'cow dewormer'  as Ivermectin has been used for humans literally millions of times - with NO side effects - and virtually eradicated the terrible river blindness disease, and that was before its effectiveness against covid-19 was discovered.

Indeed, ivermectin shows great results, especially when taking prophylactically.  86% is a hell of a lot better than what injections are showing against Delta.  Those high efficiency numbers spouted by MSM and big pharma were for last years strain, not Delta and the new strains coming out.

ivmmeta.com

ivmmeta data.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I remember hearing about this Sotrovimab back in May when it was first published, but haven't heard anything about trials and production up to this point, even thought it was granted the same emergency use approval by the US back in late May. It was also approved by Australia just last week.

If it's so effective, where is it?  Who is using it?  

Edited by MrStretch

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

And it is a bit disingenuous to refer to Ivermectin as 'cow dewormer'  as Ivermectin has been used for humans literally millions of times - with NO side effects - and virtually eradicated the terrible river blindness disease, and that was before its effectiveness against covid-19 was discovered.

Recently the FDA had to come out with this actual Tweet on their official account because too many antivaxxers are taking ivermectin and getting sick from it. There is ivermectin for human consumption then there is ivermectin used as an animal dewormer. You were the one who jumped to a disingenuous conclusion:

fda-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Recently the FDA had to come out with this actual Tweet on their official account because too many antivaxxers are taking ivermectin and getting sick from it. There is ivermectin for human consumption then there is ivermectin used as an animal dewormer. You were the one who jumped to a disingenuous conclusion:

fda-1.jpg

How come that horse has got a JF look on its face? Did the vet take a collection?

26 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Plus "administraion costs"...

37 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

$2200. USD  a pop...

Come on guys... 

The S309 trials mentioned by DiggR were in vitro (let's say in a petri-dish).

They've only recently started in vivo tests on hamsters.

Don't hold your breath for it to arrive at your local chemist 😉

Edited by Bob20

44 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Come on guys... 

The S309 trials mentioned by DiggR were in vitro (let's say in a petri-dish).

They've only recently started in vivo tests on hamsters.

Don't hold your breath for it to arrive at your local chemist 😉

Yeah, the costs though are from the current monoclonal offerings for COVID. I'm really surprised that the mRNA crowd hasn't jumped all over these as they're chimeric cells with both human and mouse protein in them. Use is restricted to infected people over 65 who don't mind growing a tail. 😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, JamesE said:

Yeah, the costs though are from the current monoclonal offerings for COVID. I'm really surprised that the mRNA crowd hasn't jumped all over these as they're chimeric cells with both human and mouse protein in them. Use is restricted to infected people over 65 who don't mind growing a tail. 😂

I think it's because we'll all be a little older before anything will be found that will have more research behind it than the current vaccines.

The enormous amounts that have been used under the temporary emergency approval, and the enormous mountain of scientific data that is already available with near incredible good results will be difficult to match. Plus they are relatively cheap.

But research continues...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob20 said:

I think it's because we'll all be a little older before anything will be found that will have more research behind it than the current vaccines.

The enormous amounts that have been used under the temporary emergency approval, and the enormous mountain of scientific data that is already available with near incredible good results will be difficult to match. Plus they are relatively cheap.

But research continues...

The monoclonals are a silver bullet treatment, but there has to be something there to treat. So, get vaccinated, don't get sick, then you won't have to end up in a hospital getting treated with monoclonal antibodies.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JamesE said:

The monoclonals are a silver bullet treatment, but there has to be something there to treat. So, get vaccinated, don't get sick, then you won't have to end up in a hospital getting treated with monoclonal antibodies.

Traditionally, yes. Though there are developments with neutralising monoclonals for treatment as well as preexposure or postexposure prophylaxis.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HappyExpat said:

fda-1.jpg

You seem to use this term anti vaxxer quite loosely.  So answer the question is someone who supports traditional vaccines but is not confident about taking the untested new mRNA vaccines an anti vaxxer. Explain this definition. 

Edited by billywillyjones
  • Haha 1

There is a direct correlation between antivaxer sites on the web and the promotion of Ivermectin, both animal and human, just do some searches.

Regarding your question, just because l prefer Ford's does not make me anti-Toyota. Also, your statement that mRNA vaxs are untested is also in error, research and testing has been ongoing for over 10 years.

Enjoy your day

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MrStretch said:

I remember hearing about this Sotrovimab back in May when it was first published, but haven't heard anything about trials and production up to this point, even thought it was granted the same emergency use approval by the US back in late May. It was also approved by Australia just last week.

If it's so effective, where is it?  Who is using it?  

My thoughts exactly too, i am sure that WHO are aware of it,so must be some reason why it's not been mentioned.

FYI, to those touting the wonders of ivermectin, this from Merck, its manufacturer:

It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

FYI, to those touting the wonders of ivermectin,

Oh for goodness sake, do we have to address these people on every thread?  Do they have to go offtopic in every thread that is not about ivermectin and make it about ivermectin?

If I could "ignore" one word on the forum today it would be f***ing "ivermectin".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat said:

FYI, to those touting the wonders of ivermectin, this from Merck, its manufacturer:

It is important to note that, to-date, our analysis has identified:

What's funny is Merck is developing another anti viral that they will sell for a lot more since it's on patent. I wonder why they would poo poo their own product that has worked for millions of people that is now off patent?  Hmmmmm

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-announces-supply-agreement-with-u-s-government-for-molnupiravir-an-investigational-oral-antiviral-candidate-for-treatment-of-mild-to-moderate-covid-19/

34 minutes ago, Ttalk said:

I wonder why they would poo poo their own product that has worked for millions of people that is now off patent? 

Maybe cuz it's not supposed to be used for Covid and they know it?

Edited by HappyExpat

1 hour ago, Ttalk said:

"I wonder why they would poo poo their own product that has worked for millions of people that is now off patent? "

The millions is the money that's been made touting a misrepresented product, there is no known benefits other than for it's intended applications.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop hijacking this thread.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat said:

Maybe cuz it's not supposed to be used for Covid and they know it?

Maybe take a look at ivmmeta.com and get back to me about how effective ivermectin is.  Perhaps all the people in India that are taking it could also help you out.

43 minutes ago, DiggR said:
2 hours ago, Ttalk said:

"I wonder why they would poo poo their own product that has worked for millions of people that is now off patent? "

The millions is the money that's been made touting a misrepresented product, there is no known benefits other than for it's intended applications.

Stop spreading misinformation and stop hijacking this thread.

From what I saw, Merck is getting 1.7 billion for saying their out of patent product is no good, but their new anti viral is good.  You're right, follow the money.