News Forum - YouTube pulled 1 million Covid-19 misinformation videos

Thaiger

33 minutes ago, thai3 said:

David Icke said Covid was a hoax and that the symptoms were caused by G5, just how that is the case in places with no G5 he never explained. The scary thing is not this nut job, but the thousands who follow him and swear his predictions always come true when 99% of them do not. 

Ever seen lizard man, self proclaimed son of God, on tv? If you don't turn it off after a minute, then chances are that you only have 1 tv channel and nothing else to do 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1

55 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

I never gave much thought about video credibility (or lack thereof) on Youtube until I saw this:

Great example. 

Sad fact is that any idiot can post anything online in huge quantities.

To create serious and verified content (for example research) takes time and a lot of effort. Far smaller in volume and for this serious stuff, the internet is not the main portal for publication either.

Therefore, just about by definition, online fake news volume vastly exceeds worthwhile news. I am for its removal. Not censorship, not removing opinion, only removing verifiable lies that maliciously put the public on the wrong foot.

I have strong views on this. I think if you're not prepared to plaster your views on your front door at home, you shouldn't be plastering them all over the internet anonymously either. I think that once we start verified accounts, 99% of fake news will disappear, as especially the intentional spreaders of malicious disinformation would not want to be personally exposed. They know what they are doing, and only do it because it can be done anonymously. 

But that opens up a whole different can of worms. Anyway, just my opinion (and I don't claim it to be more than that).

Edited by Bob20

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Great example. 

Sad fact is that any idiot can post anything online in huge quantities.

To create serious and verified content (for example research) takes time and a lot of effort. Far smaller in volume and for this serious stuff, the internet is not the main portal for publication either.

Therefore, just about by definition, online fake news volume vastly exceeds worthwhile news. I am for its removal. Not censorship, not removing opinion, only removing verifiable lies that maliciously put the public on the wrong foot.

I have strong views on this. I think if you're not prepared to plaster your views on your front door at home, you shouldn't be plastering them all over the internet anonymously either. I think that once we start verified accounts, 99% of fake news will disappear, as especially the intentional spreaders of malicious disinformation would not want to be personally exposed. They know what they are doing, and only do it because it can be done anonymously. 

But that opens up a whole different can of worms. Anyway, just my opinion (and I don't claim it to be more than that).

Does that include this forum 😂

1 hour ago, Bob20 said:

Ever seen lizard man, self proclaimed son of God, on tv? If you don't turn it off after a minute, then chances are that you only have 1 tv channel and nothing else to do 😂

You mean David Icke? Can't find anything related to Lizard Man.

1 minute ago, HappyExpat said:

Cos most of his nonsense got deleted including his You Tube, not called the king of conspiracy theories for nothing. Leicester is only famous for 3 people, the Elephant man, Gary Lineker- and David Icke 🙄

23 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

Especially for you then:

Icke believes the universe to consist of "vibrational" energy and infinite dimensions sharing the same space. He claims an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings, the Archons or Anunnaki, have hijacked the Earth and a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians...

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Especially for you then:

Icke believes the universe to consist of "vibrational" energy and infinite dimensions sharing the same space. He claims an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings, the Archons or Anunnaki, have hijacked the Earth and a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians...

That reminds me of a book I read (I think it was "The Da Vinci Code") where the secret revealed was to learn how to vibrate the atoms in your body to reach alternate realities. GAWD I was angry, reading that whole damned thing only to see it was <REALLY deleted stuff!>.

13 hours ago, Malc-Thai said:

That will annoy the tin hat brigade

And delight the supporters of  fascism 

Edited by AdamX
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, HappyExpat said:

That reminds me of a book I read (I think it was "The Da Vinci Code") where the secret revealed was to learn how to vibrate the atoms in your body to reach alternate realities. GAWD I was angry, reading that whole damned thing only to see it was <REALLY deleted stuff!>.

If you want to vibrate some molecules in your body, it's easier to take a ride in a microwave ☺️

Edited by Bob20
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Especially for you then:

“Everything is energy and that’s all there is to it. Match the frequency of the reality you want and you cannot help but get that reality. It can be no other way. This is not philosophy. This is physics.”

Albert Einstein

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

He claims an inter-dimensional race of reptilian beings, the Archons or Anunnaki, have hijacked the Earth and a genetically modified human–Archon hybrid race of shape-shifting reptilians...

this is precisely why i had to under take the dangerous mission to travel back in time from the 23rd century but my time space coordinates were incorrect and i landed in Soi Cowboy and my mission got derailed from that point. there are energy and monetary unit vampires there that keep me prisoner. I must say Soi Cowboy is better than Risa the pleasure planet. most of my YouTube videos were removed. The fools.       

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1

There is no justification to censor any information, even that what is considered "fake", only because it doesn't toe the line with the official government narrative. Governments are known for obscuring the truth and we need alternative sources to get a more balanced reporting. I don't understand some of the commentators here that seem to support he idea of censorship disguised as removing "fake news". Some of them outright insulting to those that holds their own views. But that is what the governments have planned and achieved. Divide et impera.

mental slavery.jpg

quote.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Bob20 said:

You don't address my three points...

And it doesn't matter whether one paper analyses 5k or 5m responses. What matters is what becomes consensus after numerous papers. As I said, you'll always find something, but that's irrelevant.

I'm not here to convince you. Don't take the vaccine if you don't trust it. I don't mind.

Oh, "scientific bob" cites one paper himself here and claims he knows the best. What a joker you are. Try again.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

Cos most of his nonsense got deleted including his You Tube, not called the king of conspiracy theories for nothing. Leicester is only famous for 3 people, the Elephant man, Gary Lineker- and David Icke 🙄

I resemble that remark.
Four people. I'm famous and from Leicester.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Oh, "scientific bob" cites one paper himself here and claims he knows the best. What a joker you are. Try again.

No friend, I stand by the science.

I clearly said I'll give you one link, but you can find many that verify it if you're interested.

I'm not vaguely interested to convert you, nor am I your errand boy to serve you and endless stack of evidence, which you have already decided to dismiss before you see it. 

Don't take the vaccine. Believe what you want.

I put my trust in medical science, especially when there is a mountain of evidence. I don't come here to learn from armchair conspiracists about science or medicine unless you have a valid proven point.

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Site your source for where it has been confirmed as a lab leak. 

Where’s the intermediary animal that it jumped from a bat to ??? to human??

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Great example. 

From Buzzfeed who published an unverified political assassination document detailing fake statements about Russian collusion and that was verifiably proven false by the FBI, that Buzzfeed?

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

How can you question research when you censor people?

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

only removing

Which is censorship

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Pretty authoritarian under the guise of “truth seeking”

• Thanks 1
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

David Icke said Covid was a hoax and that the symptoms were caused by G5, just how that is the case in places with no G5 he never explained. The scary thing is not this nut job, but the thousands who follow him and swear his predictions always come true when 99% of them do not. 

I think they even set a 5G tower on fire to stop the pandemic? 
I knew a few people in Toronto, not even kidding, that believe this kind of stuff and they get enraged when you tell them it’s not true.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

From Buzzfeed who published an unverified political assassination document detailing fake statements about Russian collusion and that was verifiably proven false by the FBI, that Buzzfeed?

How can you question research when you censor people?

Which is censorship

Pretty authoritarian under the guise of “truth seeking”

Take a minute to follow my train of thought. And don't already decide that you will oppose it regardless.

I agree it's difficult and even literally said let's not get into that part if it. I have no powers to action any deletions and clearly said that it's my opinion. You surely allow me that.

But that verified disinformation should be removed is clear. Even the big boys that really didn't want to do it (Facebook and YouTube to name a few), see that it's necessary. And others have started earmarking pages to show it's disinformation.

I suggest to you that the internet contains more disinformation than scientific information. Because the internet is not the place to release scientific research. Yet it is the place where people (usually without any real knowledge at all, except for what they've read elsewhere on the web, I say usually - not always) attempt to discredit it with nonsense or with intentionally created malicious disinformation. The latter is what I restrict myself to.

Then: one research paper doesn't make science. It's the collective research and consensus what it's all about.

Now the majority of disinformation can be spotted. And I suggest to you that it can be safely removed. There will still be enough left to debate, and if what was deleted has merit, it will resurface, hopefully next time with some evidence. Because it's not like the death sentence which is irreversible if you make a mistake. For the same reason I don't mind if occasionally something from the scientific side is removed in error. That also can be restored if it has merit.

But on the whole, I think we are better off if we can start trusting our information, news and reporting more again, rather than have to worry that most is fake and never knowing who or what to trust.

Most people have no idea how to distinguish one from the other, certainly those that go to the web for all their truths in the first place. Cleaning up the web can assist a little in my view.

I'll leave it at this, as it's my opinion. And we can agree to disagree.

Edited by Bob20
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1

3 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Especially for you then:

I'm not sure anyone should use David Icke as an example. The man has serious mental health problems, diagnosed as Schizo Affective Disorder. Taking the piss out of the vulnerable shows the individuals own insecurity and inadequacy. Perhaps if it was someone close to you, you might see things differently.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, Guevara said:

I'm not sure anyone should use David Icke as an example. The man has serious mental health problems, diagnosed as Schizo Affective Disorder. Taking the piss out of the vulnerable shows the individuals own insecurity and inadequacy. Perhaps if it was someone close to you, you might see things differently.

I don't understand your attack. Mr.Thai3 mentioned Icky. I remember him from a Parkinson interview with his lizard story then just answered a poster who asked who he was...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dj230 said:

I think they even set a 5G tower on fire to stop the pandemic? 
I knew a few people in Toronto, not even kidding, that believe this kind of stuff and they get enraged when you tell them it’s not true.

Not quite, the dumb nuts set a G4 tower a blaze thinking it was G5 ☺️

11 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Who diagnosed him and when? Last I heard he was still a multi millionaire living in lizard free Isle of Wight.

4 hours ago, thai3 said:

Let everyone know when one of your family suffers with a serious mental illnees (like David Icke). We can all then take the piss. Disgraceful.

• Angry 1