News Forum - YouTube pulled 1 million Covid-19 misinformation videos

Thaiger

More than 1 million harmful videos have been removed from YouTube since February 2020 for containing Covid-19 misinformation. The video-sharing platform that is one of the most visited websites in the world, second only to its parent company Google, announced on Wednesday the total after criticism that YouTube is a major source of Covid-19 disinformation. Politicians and government leaders have lambasted YouTube for allowing so much false and harmful information to be easily shared and spread, causing confusion about science and facts in a sea of misinformation readily available on the site. YouTube posted in a blog that it has […]

The post YouTube pulled 1 million Covid-19 misinformation videos appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, yetanother said:

smarter people have shifted from youtube as this truth-purge started

No, really smart people weren't there to begin with 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Considering youtube is mostly opinion pieces.  I am really surprised why they would do this. They might have shut down a equal amount of truth. Devastating. I know it is their platform, but that does not make them Arbiters of the Truth. Unfortunately it leaves us wondering what their real reasons are. Facebook hired left wing conspiracy nuts to monitor their site. When the knowledge is monitor by one group, the truth get mangled. Sad state of affairs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

No, really smart people weren't there to begin with 😉

Guess which group is today the most vaccine hesitant in the US. The most educated cohort, the PhDs. Look it up!

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Wellofworlds said:

Considering youtube is mostly opinion pieces.  I am really surprised why they would do this. They might have shut down a equal amount of truth. Devastating. I know it is their platform, but that does not make them Arbiters of the Truth. Unfortunately it leaves us wondering what their real reasons are. Facebook hired left wing conspiracy nuts to monitor their site. When the knowledge is monitor by one group, the truth get mangled. Sad state of affairs.

'Arbiters of the truth'? Maybe, but that's a serious matter of opinion.  Opinion or otherwise, thanks for this, your debut post!

Hello, Wellofworlds and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Guess which group is today the most vaccine hesitant in the US. The most educated cohort, the PhDs. Look it up!

Maybe you've been had by the disinformation spreaders again... I'm sure you can find something that claims the opposite somewhere on the web, but the scientific opinion on huge amounts of data is clear if you care to read it:

Results from a new USC Dornsife study show that U.S. adults with higher education are significantly more likely to get a COVID-19 vaccination and to believe in the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.

https://news.usc.edu/182848/education-covid-19-vaccine-safety-risks-usc-study/

Overall, at the time of the survey, 76% of U.S. adults with at least a bachelor’s degree had been vaccinated or planned to get vaccinated, compared to just over half of adults (53%) with less education (Figure 1).  In other words, a college degree is associated with a 43% increase in the likelihood that someone plans to get the vaccine. 

https://healthpolicy.usc.edu/evidence-base/education-is-now-a-bigger-factor-than-race-in-desire-for-covid-19-vaccine/

Another significant correlate of vaccine hesitancy is education. As Gallup noted, "Americans without a college degree are much more likely than college graduates to be vaccine-hesitant, 31% to 12%." We assume those with less formal education are less interested in or less accustomed to engaging in evidenced-based decision-making processes.

https://news.gallup.com/opinion/polling-matters/352976/vaccine-hesitancy-public-opinion.aspx

Edited by Bob20
added description
  • Like 2

I hesitant about vaccine cause i dont like the governments that push them...governments are the root of all evil...wars,famine, desasters of various kinds are all credited to corrupt governments...at this place in time i cannot see any government that is not corrupt although some are to a lesser degree...and now this shit kickers wanna push a vaccine to make big bucks commission from big pharma ...thanks but no thanks

• Like 4
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Maybe you've been had by the disinformation spreaders again... I'm sure you can find something that claims the opposite somewhere on the web, but the scientific opinion on huge amounts of data is clear if you care to read it:

Results from a new USC Dornsife study show that U.S. adults with higher education are significantly more likely to get a COVID-19 vaccination and to believe in the vaccine’s safety and effectiveness.

Except that was in February. Now it is U-curve.

https://unherd.com/thepost/the-most-vaccine-hesitant-education-group-of-all-phds/

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

As I said, you will find something somewhere on the internet...

1) yours is not from -now- as you claim, it's from January to May.

2) mine are not from February as you claim, but from February, March and July, so maybe you only looked at one?

3) UnHerd's "mission is to stand aside from the rest of the news pack and to push back against the herd mentality with new and bold thinking" so not surprising they pick one article that is not representative.

Contrary to the antivaxxers, I'm not here to convince you. 

Don't take the vaccine if you don't trust it. I don't mind.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

3) UnHerd's "mission is to stand aside from the rest of the news pack and to push back against the herd mentality with new and bold thinking" so not surprising they pick one article that is not representative.

You claim to be so scientific but then you failed to even to check the source: "According to a new paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, this does not paint the full picture.... The researchers analysed more than 5 million survey responses."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260795v1.full.pdf

So you accuse others of doing what you yourself are doing. Being totally biased. Your assumption is the vaccines work absolutely when it should be do the vaccines work.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Thanks 2
  • Cool 1

haha i still remember when people were watching a guy talk about how 5g towers were causing covid, it's crazy what people believe these days, everything is a conspiracy theory.

I have to say though, 0 of my thai friends believe in that sort of stuff, another reason why I came to thailand. Seems like common sense has died out where I am from

Edited by dj230
  • Like 3
  • Cool 1

Its misinformation until months or years later when they  admit it was the truth all along.  Kinda like how they censored the COVID origin story (lab leak)  for about a year and a half until they finally admitted the truth.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Wellofworlds said:

Because advertisers don't want to have their ads showing in a video where someone promotes a cure recipe of cattle dewormer, bleach, burnt orange peels, and three drops of holy water.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrNovax said:

Its misinformation until months or years later when they  admit it was the truth all along.  Kinda like how they censored the COVID origin story (lab leak)  for about a year and a half until they finally admitted the truth.  

Site your source for where it has been confirmed as a lab leak. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Ted Kaczynski had a PHD

42 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

eh ? Who's they ? What 'truth' ? I know the americans are desperately trying to pin the cause to a Wuhan lab but so far have come up with nothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

okaaaaaaayyyyy - so lets start putting some flesh on those bones - how many US plumbers are 'vaccine hesitant' - then how many architects, then how many road sweepers - when you have a list of all the professions out there, with numbers, we'll start taking you seriously!

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

eh ? Who's they ? What 'truth' ? I know the americans are desperately trying to pin the cause to a Wuhan lab but so far have come up with nothing.

Actually, there's quite a bit of scientific and well researched documented evidence to suggest that COVID developed from nature. And that's that.

All of which one will never be privy to or find through establishment sources - all these truths rank against their better and traditional interests. 

8 hours ago, Wellofworlds said:

As you say, 'youtube is mostly opinion pieces', and regarding Google 'that does not [necessarily] make them Arbiters of the Truth'.
I'm sure without looking too hard you could find something - nothing to do with Covid - that is offering a product or even advice that might go against what some people believe.

Even down to perhaps someone suggesting you shouldn't bother checking your engine oil level regularly as modern cars don't need it.
Will that video be removed, as it doesn't follow what most people think?

I thought Google's motto was "Do no evil"? Or is it that unless you have your own agenda?

7 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

You claim to be so scientific but then you failed to even to check the source: "According to a new paper by researchers from Carnegie Mellon University and the University of Pittsburgh, this does not paint the full picture.... The researchers analysed more than 5 million survey responses."

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.20.21260795v1.full.pdf

So you accuse others of doing what you yourself are doing. Being totally biased. Your assumption is the vaccines work absolutely when it should be do the vaccines work.

You don't address my three points...

And it doesn't matter whether one paper analyses 5k or 5m responses. What matters is what becomes consensus after numerous papers. As I said, you'll always find something, but that's irrelevant.

I'm not here to convince you. Don't take the vaccine if you don't trust it. I don't mind.

7 hours ago, dj230 said:

haha i still remember when people were watching a guy talk about how 5g towers were causing covid, it's crazy what people believe these days, everything is a conspiracy theory.

I have to say though, 0 of my thai friends believe in that sort of stuff, another reason why I came to thailand. Seems like common sense has died out where I am from

David Icke said Covid was a hoax and that the symptoms were caused by G5, just how that is the case in places with no G5 he never explained. The scary thing is not this nut job, but the thousands who follow him and swear his predictions always come true when 99% of them do not.