News Forum - Phuket Covid-19 over 3000 total, nearly 900 this week, 189 today

Thaiger

16 hours ago, Bob20 said:

900?

And still open? 

I'm going back to school.

Thought 900 was more than 90 🥴

The goal post changed a long time ago. Its time to get up to date.

• Cool 1

37 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be very nice if they gave the locations of where the cases are.  I know that I live in BKK now, but I lived in Rawai and am looking at moving back by the end of the year.  Many friends who live there as well as in Chalong are concerned as well as it affects their livelihoods in the Muay Thai business as well.

Ryan There are links on other comments on this thread ..its reported daily on the phuket news

https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-marks-169-new-daily-infections-81195.php

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

And the governor of Phuket wants a third Jab. Looks like he is not confident of herd immunity.

IMHO there will be NO herd immunity in Thailand, nor likely anywhere else.   At most there will be herd protection.  I believe this virus is likely to be around for another decade - but just less than at present.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

42 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

It would be very nice if they gave the locations of where the cases are.  I know that I live in BKK now, but I lived in Rawai and am looking at moving back by the end of the year.  Many friends who live there as well as in Chalong are concerned as well as it affects their livelihoods in the Muay Thai business as well.

Every day they give a timeline (in a link) showing where those who have caught the virus in Phuket, have traveled in the past couple of weeks or so.   Here is the link: https://www.facebook.com/83ssj/?__tn__=-UC*F

The problem (for those who are not Thai) is it is only in Thai lanaguage.  No English (nor other language) source has made any effort to translate such and make it publically available. 

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Here is the link:

This Facebook link already posted on this news line. The Phuket Government Facebook page although all in Thai puts out one of the best information of all the provinces I have seen.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 6:07 PM, JamesE said:

All of your points are valid but miss out on one element: The current situation has nothing to do with tourists.

This entire wave is home-grown and the introduction of several thousand vaccinated foreign tourists and vaccinated returning Thais per week is not going to have much of an effect on either the locals or the tourists. The only issue for the arrivals is minimizing the risk during the first 14 days while you're being tested. That's easy enough to accomplish: Don't do stupid s#!t. Sure, there's a risk. But everything carries a risk.

The more vaccines that are administered the more cases. This holds true for every country in the world with a vaccine program. Fact. Check it. Israel used just Pfizer and vaxed 80% of adults with 2 doses. Result? 3rd dose. Welcome to the vaccine treadmill!  if it doesn’t work the first and second time, why would you expect it to work a third time? Check out Dr Zelenka. He is the Doctor Who treated Donald Trump, the President of Brazil and 6000 patients successfully using treatments rather than vaccines. Google Zelenka protocol

14 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

The more vaccines that are administered the more cases. This holds true for every country in the world with a vaccine program. Fact. Check it. Israel used just Pfizer and vaxed 80% of adults with 2 doses. Result? 3rd dose. Welcome to the vaccine treadmill!  if it doesn’t work the first and second time, why would you expect it to work a third time? Check out Dr Zelenka. He is the Doctor Who treated Donald Trump, the President of Brazil and 6000 patients successfully using treatments rather than vaccines. Google Zelenka protocol

Right, you mean this guy almost disowned by his own medical community for spreading misinformation. Anybody believing him must think Yogi Bear is real, in Trumps case that may be so but fortunately most of the world have more intelligence than him.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-md-who-promoted-virus-cocktail-leaving-community-where-he-tested-it/

59 minutes ago, gummy said:

Right, you mean this guy almost disowned by his own medical community for spreading misinformation. Anybody believing him must think Yogi Bear is real, in Trumps case that may be so but fortunately most of the world have more intelligence than him.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-md-who-promoted-virus-cocktail-leaving-community-where-he-tested-it/

Unfortunately your never going to get through to those who believe in other things besides vaccines, and then those who also believe the vaccine will cause cases to grow and on and on and on.  I agree with your in the use of vaccines, and having family in the medical community treating folks, I know the bottom line.  After saying this I truly expect to be attacked who believe in the alt left or right conspiracy theories as well as those who only believe in holistic medicine.  A vaccination is not meant to last a lifetime, but to give the body a head start on recognizing the threat that has entered the body and create a defense mechanism to assist in the fight to subdue the bad actor that has entered the system.  To each there own, and I agree to disagree and I am not disingenuous when I say that.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Unfortunately your never going to get through to those who believe in other things besides vaccines, and then those who also believe the vaccine will cause cases to grow and on and on and on.  I agree with your in the use of vaccines, and having family in the medical community treating folks, I know the bottom line.  After saying this I truly expect to be attacked who believe in the alt left or right conspiracy theories as well as those who only believe in holistic medicine.  A vaccination is not meant to last a lifetime, but to give the body a head start on recognizing the threat that has entered the body and create a defense mechanism to assist in the fight to subdue the bad actor that has entered the system.  To each there own, and I agree to disagree and I am not disingenuous when I say that.

Agreed and the vaccine is like those wearing a life jacket and abandoning a sinking ship mid Atlantic .  It may not save your life but it will give you a far greater chance then those not wearing one.

On 8/26/2021 at 6:32 PM, Rain said:

Whatta three-ring circus. 

And still a subject matter of great concern. 

Why is this? 🥱

Because the inmates are running the asylum.

6 hours ago, gummy said:

One school of thought. One common approach. Deviate from the vaccine and you will be cancelled. I’ve watched every scientist, every doctor in succession being cancelled. Never mind that they might have 30+ years experience in their field, Nobel prizes and awards for their work. They will be cancelled. We are in a world where the sitting president of the United States can be platformed on social media.  I am more likely to believe people who do not benefit from what they are saying, and, Worse than that, are prepared to have their lives compromised, careers ended and funding withdrawn to speak out. People should wake up. Follow the money. Pfizer made 900 million dollars in just the first quarter of this year