News Forum - Restaurant operators accept rules for re-opening dine-in services

Thaiger

Restaurant operators are happy to accept new rules for re-opening as laid out by the Public Health Ministry, if it means they can get back to business. The measures are strict and include the need for all customers to show proof of full vaccination. According to a Bangkok Post report, the re-opening of dine-in services would be done under a “sandbox” concept across the 29 strictly-controlled dark red provinces. The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration meets tomorrow, when the Public Health Ministry is expected to propose the restaurant sandbox scheme. It will require all restaurant employees to be fully vaccinated […]

The post Restaurant operators accept rules for re-opening dine-in services appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

24 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

The measures are strict and include the need for all customers to show proof of full vaccination.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Henryford said:

I would never use a restaurant that required to see my private medical records before i could eat there, and yes i am vaccinated.

I understand that, but the restaurants owner would have to comply with the law if he wanted to be sure of staying open. It must be hard for them.

• Like 1

That image is flat out wrong.

In 2020, approximately 3,358,814 deaths† occurred in the United States. From 2019 to 2020, the estimated age-adjusted death rate increased by 15.9%, from 715.2 to 828.7 deaths per 100,000 population.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7014e1.htm

Edited by King Cotton
Removal of off-topic quote.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I understand that, but the restaurants owner would have to comply with the law if he wanted to be sure of staying open. It must be hard for them.

That's up to them, they would just not get my custom. I would rather eat at a street stall.

• Haha 1

The FAKE NEWS post has been removed, so this reply now seems to make no sense, haha. The post claimed there were no excess deaths from Covid and had no relation to this topic anyway. It has been removed by the Moderators 😂

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Go to the quoted web addresses and you will see this table is not from the CDC.

THIS is from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

And their stats show a HUGE number of excess deaths.

Nice try 😉

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 10.28.25.png

Edited by Bob20
Removal of off-topic quote.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

The FAKE NEWS post has been removed, so this reply now seems to make no sense, haha. The post claimed there were no excess deaths from Covid and had no relation to this topic anyway. It has been removed by the Moderators 😂

FAKE FAKE FAKE

Go to the quoted web addresses and you will see this table is not from the CDC.

THIS is from the CDC:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

And their stats show a HUGE number of excess deaths.

Nice try 😉

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 10.28.25.png

Nice job!

So, how do we demonstrate we have been vaccinated? Are the hospitals giving out VAX cards? A letter after the 2nd shot? How does this work? As usual, the lack of details says it all. 

Since a higher percentage of the ex-pat community has likely been vaccinated than the locals Thais, looks like the restaurant community may be very happy to see us coming!

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

As if those same places weren't violating every single hygiene law and alcohol ban and social distancing law among multiple others already... Even big-brand international chain restaurants were happily violating the requirements for social distancing prior to latest lockdown.

Vaccination requirement is a pathetic excuse for the government to try save its face after f***ing up so badly in every regard so far, and now chickening out after a couple days of slightly lower infection numbers. There will be zero restaurants in Bangkok who would care about vaccination status after the first day or two.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 1
  • Cool 2

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

I would never use a restaurant that required to see my private medical records before i could eat there, and yes i am vaccinated.

Just do what the French do! 

French citizens boycott vaccine passports by eating right in front of nearly empty, vaxx-only bars and restaurants.

https://gab.com/TommyRobinsonOfficial/posts/106819490810933181

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

So, how do we demonstrate we have been vaccinated? Are the hospitals giving out VAX cards? A letter after the 2nd shot? How does this work? As usual, the lack of details says it all.

I've been vaxxed with first dose of AstraZeneca. The hospital gave me a regular A4-sized document showing the appointment time for my second shot. I've been told elsewhere that this document would suffice for travelling to the Phuket sandbox etc. so it should be adequate for dining too.

The only "proof of authenticity" in this document is a tiny inked stamp below my name.

There's also a QR code but when I tried reading it on my phone, it only resulted in a numeric code, so definitely no-one will have the proprietary equipment for verifying this QR code if they tried to. Funnily enough the document doesn't even have my name because the hospital's IT systems are useless crap. It was written afterwards by using a pen.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

French citizens boycott vaccine passports by eating right in front of nearly empty, vaxx-only bars and restaurants.

Excellent idea.

We already have staggered or reduced seating and or partitioning between patrons.  A vax passport will not change the dynamics.   Better off staying at home and ordering Grab delivery.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon alias Tommy Robinson is a far-right  convicted criminal. It's not the website of my choice to get anything of real interest.

Big surprise that he refers to them and sides with these idiot-protesters 😂

• Like 1

Yeah and CM will stay the same with no progress. Yesterday I was denied, my wife and son denied as well as many Thai friends were denied. Don't have any foreigner friends here. Only my daughter was accepted, but this will be for 2022. If they want to do open house for CM next month then they better get the good vaccines (no sinocrap) here or just forget about the stupid idea. Every one wants to make money, but even now it is at this point still pretty open here to do what we want, but you let tourism in and this will quickly hit the dumper having a serious major outbreak and then a full closure here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Better off staying at home and ordering Grab delivery.

And you trust the Grab driver? I just don't see them vaccinated or washing their hands after going to the bathroom, wiping their face off of sweat or not digging their fingers into a certain body cavity. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

I've been vaxxed with first dose of AstraZeneca. The hospital gave me a regular A4-sized document showing the appointment time for my second shot. I've been told elsewhere that this document would suffice for travelling to the Phuket sandbox etc. so it should be adequate for dining too.

The only "proof of authenticity" in this document is a tiny inked stamp below my name.

There's also a QR code but when I tried reading it on my phone, it only resulted in a numeric code, so definitely no-one will have the proprietary equipment for verifying this QR code if they tried to. Funnily enough the document doesn't even have my name because the hospital's IT systems are useless crap. It was written afterwards by using a pen.

We already know they're useless, because they're not standardised between countries and even within one country there are different forms and systems. And there's lots of fraud with them already too.

It's not going to improve safety one bit!

I'm like a song on replay:

1) Get to 75% vaccination rate and stop pushing plans before that, as they will just make cases and clusters skyrocket. At 75% a country can re-open and mostly remove the internal restrictions.

2) Open the border -only- to other countries that have 75% vaccination rate and devise a system to identify and block virus carriers (systems instantly analysing breath and saliva are already in test-phase).

3) The ones that refuse to take a vaccine are free to do so, but they then take their own chances.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4108-question-regarding-vaccine-passport/?do=findComment&comment=42568

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4160-not-yet-reported-covid-news/

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4108-question-regarding-vaccine-passport/?do=findComment&comment=42575

Edited by Bob20
typo
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yeah and CM will stay the same with no progress. Yesterday I was denied, my wife and son denied as well as many Thai friends were denied. Don't have any foreigner friends here. Only my daughter was accepted, but this will be for 2022. If they want to do open house for CM next month then they better get the good vaccines (no sinocrap) here or just forget about the stupid idea. Every one wants to make money, but even now it is at this point still pretty open here to do what we want, but you let tourism in and this will quickly hit the dumper having a serious major outbreak and then a full closure here.

https://thethaiger.com/talk/topic/4083-news-forum-tat-plans-to-launch-chiang-mai-tourism-plan-in-october/?do=findComment&comment=42106

I'm in CM. Let me know if I can help.

5 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

Just under 60 no health complications. I want to do it as a family so no one feels sad and left out. And we only really want Moderna or Pfizer. If you hear of anything in the wind happening then please PM me the where and the when with the what. We believe the last register the other day was a complete scam. Thanks.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Just under 60 no health complications. I want to do it as a family so no one feels sad and left out. And we only really want Moderna or Pfizer. If you hear of anything in the wind happening then please PM me the where and the when with the what. We believe the last register the other day was a complete scam. Thanks.

Pfizer through expatvac, but not for your family.

Moderna you could reserve last Monday, not sure if registration is still open:

https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/news-activities/how-to-reserve-moderna-covid-19-alternative-vaccine/

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Since a higher percentage of the ex-pat community has likely been vaccinated than the locals Thais, looks like the restaurant community may be very happy to see us coming!

They are supposed to provide proof, a Thai medical "yellow book" like the old WHO books, showing when and where after you have been vaccinated.

There's a thread in the Vaccination forum with examples.

Just now, Bob20 said:

Pfizer through expatvac, but not for your family.

Moderna you could reserve last Monday, not sure if registration is still open:

https://www.bangkokhospital-chiangmai.com/en/news-activities/how-to-reserve-moderna-covid-19-alternative-vaccine/

Kids are US citizens but the expatvac is for over 60 or having underlying conditions.. Did the Moderna sign up too. Wife, me and one kid got in, and the kid other as pressed the send button and was denied as closed at that very moment. As of yesterday me and the wife denied and daughter only was accepted. But again, this is for 2022 which does not help anyone with these idiotic schemes going on for tourism.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

Kids are US citizens but the expatvac is for over 60 or having underlying conditions.. Did the Moderna sign up too. Wife, me and one kid got in, and the kid other as pressed the send button and was denied as closed at that very moment. As of yesterday me and the wife denied and daughter only was accepted. But again, this is for 2022 which does not help anyone with these idiotic schemes going on for tourism.

I've mentioned this in other posts already, but expatvac is NOT for over 60's or having underlying conditions. Every foreigner can apply. They only give priority to over 60's and people with health problems. It's literally on the first page when you go to their site.

I suggest you don't look at this as a family to avoid sadness. Every single person that is protected from serious sickness and death is important. The sadness will be infinitely bigger if one of you suffers something serious while you wait to get a "happy family appointment ".