News Forum - Police chief transferred for probe into death during alleged extortion attempt

Thaiger

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is the list of cars owned by former Muang Nakhon Sawan police station chief "Ferrari Joe"

E9nEnAsVIAQJnsD.jpg

Jesus Christ ! Where did he keep them all ?

The service costs alone would be millions even after he's 'attained' them !

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, Gomez said:

Les Majeste laws may protect some, but it does not cover the outrageous behaviour of the Army and Police. WIll the Prime Minister of Thailand have the balls to make a stand against these corrupt Police Officers (Criminals) and bring them to justice before the Thai people? Does the sytem have any integrity at all?

When Prayut first came in, he actually DID start on the corruption, some heavyweight police boss got a 99 year sentence I remember, but can't remember who it was. The thai people, rightly so sick of corruption, were behind him, he had them on board, BUT instead of stepping aside once that job was on its way and potentially going out with a great reputation, at some point he's realised that corruption works for him too ! 

He's now been turned and beyond reach - and nervously awaiting his fate coming soon (hopefully)

• Cool 1

20 hours ago, Faz said:

Posted elsewhere and put on inactive duties whilst under investigation.

The Largest provincial police manning department in Thailand - Inactive Duties. 

5 hours ago, Gomez said:

WIll the Prime Minister of Thailand have the balls to make a stand against these corrupt Police Officers (Criminals) and bring them to justice before the Thai people? Does the sytem have any integrity at all?

Corruption is pervasive in Thailand’s police force and presents businesses with high risks. Almost four out of five Thai believe most or all of the police to be corrupt (GCB 2017).

I don’t think the Thai people believe that can happen as the job would be way too big. Really need to do a tax audit on all the head honchos, but then I’m sure that a big bribe would be forthcoming, after all, it is Thailand.

48 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Jesus Christ ! Where did he keep them all ?

The service costs alone would be millions even after he's 'attained' them !

In his massive mansions

21 hours ago, JTCarius said:

From what I understand, it was a junior officer tasked with erasing the CCTV video that leaked it to the well-known and influential lawyer.
This brave whistleblower is in fear for his life now.
What's with this "transfer" shit all the time?

It was low rank cop who recorded it then send to his friend.

That friend went to blackmail killer rich cop, and one of them send it to lawyer and lawyer made it public.

Story goes like that.

Article is incorrect cuz it's steight up murder with beatings and 2 plastic bags over the head, they choked him up.

All on vid wears masks  😂

Safety first

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Benroon said:

When Prayut first came in, he actually DID start on the corruption, some heavyweight police boss got a 99 year sentence I remember, but can't remember who it was. The thai people, rightly so sick of corruption, were behind him, he had them on board, BUT instead of stepping aside once that job was on its way and potentially going out with a great reputation, at some point he's realised that corruption works for him too ! 

He's now been turned and beyond reach - and nervously awaiting his fate coming soon (hopefully)

All this aside, be you a slight apologist or critical thinker - the broad systematic and underlying corruption has always been a way of life here. Obviously based on the rule of class division and tradition. 

7 hours ago, Gomez said:

Les Majeste laws may protect some, but it does not cover the outrageous behaviour of the Army and Police. WIll the Prime Minister of Thailand have the balls to make a stand against these corrupt Police Officers (Criminals) and bring them to justice before the Thai people? Does the sytem have any integrity at all?

Well, what do you think?

I, for sure, ain't holding my breath, especially now that, soon after the election, he put himself in overall charge of the RTP, as if he, for a one fleeting moment, believed that he would 'make them better'.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

All this aside, be you a slight apologist or critical thinker - the broad systematic and underlying corruption has always been a way of life here. Obviously based on the rule of class division and tradition. 

Thailand never was down in a bad condition and with so much corruption before like with Prayut and this also says the old generation like relatives from 70 to 90 years old and they experienced many pms or gov. I talked a lot with the old generations and young generations about their experience and what they think but for both its the worst government and thats the diplomatic version because what most (Thais) think about them I cannot write.

• Like 1

I heard two of the officers and the superintendent fled to Laos.

One of the dummies (not the superintendent) just got busted:

240181517_5059204554125024_6354032853879421728_n.jpg

Edited by JTCarius
  • Cool 1

This is Sawanpracharak hospital's statement regarding the 24 year old's death:

239959528_969326887198812_7273575011637257793_n.jpg

A rough translation :

Sawan Pracharak Hospital Statement on the issuance of a death certificate in case of amphetamine poisoning, a 24-year-old deceased was transferred from Prince Pak Nam Pho Hospital on August 5, 2011, at 19.20 o'clock and died on August 6, 2017, at 13.20 o'clock, according to the history from Prince Pak Nam Pho Hospital that the deceased ran away from the police. Sana caught drugs and fell unconscious. The patient was unconscious while in the hospital. The nurse after death performed an autopsy at the Forensic Medicine Group by forensic doctors and performed an autopsy on August 7, 2017, at 9:00 a.m. due to waiting for the results of the deceased's covid test. Urine screening found metham fetamine and amphetamine, listed as the primary cause of death in the mortality certificate, assumed amphetamine poisoning is currently awaiting results for methamphetamine levels. The blood test and autopsy results to be summarized in a full autopsy report to be released next week, the death certificate issued by the doctor immediately after the autopsy to allow relatives to go for the death certificate is just the preliminary information that may be The same or different from the autopsy reports available later because of the biopsy results. Using a microscope and toxicology laboratory results released later will make the conclusion of the cause of death more accurate. In process of collecting factual information from those who are in the event of medical treatment and examination of all bodies. When there is any progress, we will inform you at the next opportunity, Sawan Pracharak Hospital on August 25, 2021.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Cool 1

7 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Thailand never was down in a bad condition and with so much corruption before like with Prayut and this also says the old generation like relatives from 70 to 90 years old and they experienced many pms or gov. I talked a lot with the old generations and young generations about their experience and what they think but for both its the worst government and thats the diplomatic version because what most (Thais) think about them I cannot write.

The changeover in reigns has much to do with most everything as our current state presides.

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is the list of cars owned by former Muang Nakhon Sawan police station chief "Ferrari Joe"

E9nEnAsVIAQJnsD.jpg

Did pretty well for himself. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Did pretty well for himself. 

The traditional swanky positions do have their class privileges, historically. 

And they wonder why the populations rebel generation after generation.

Just now, Rain said:

Or why everyone wants to become a policeman. 

23 hours ago, Faz said:

It's under investigation, he hasn't been charged as yet, just under suspicion.
Your innocent until proven guilty in a Court of law.

23 hours ago, JTCarius said:

You must be new to Thailand and don't quite understand how things work here.

In the majority of police or military internal investigations, a transfer is your punishment.End of story. Case closed.

23 hours ago, Faz said:

For certain offences yes, for suspected murder, no.

22 hours ago, JTCarius said:

😂Like I said, you must be new here.

The evidence against the police officer is particularly weighty in this case.The actual CCTV footage is supposedly very graphic and revealing. He may be punished. I suspect he will get a slap on the wrist and the usual transfer.

On social media the lawyer mentions 5 million baht given to the father of the deceased in exchange for a statement insisting the suspected officer is a "good person" and in fact was trying  to help but his son just happened to die of an unexpected overdose.

So for one, his family will not be pressing charges.

TIT

21 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

I heard two of the officers and the superintendent fled to Laos.

One of the dummies (not the superintendent) just got busted:

You must be new to Thailand then and not quite understand how things works here.   👍

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Faz said:

You must be new to Thailand then and not quite understand how things works here.   👍

You must be confused. Let me help you....

Official statement from the hospital, "amphetamine poisoning"

Father of deceased receives 5 million baht in hush money and  publicly states:

"the superintendent is a good man"

Family will not press charges.

Murderer is transferred and continues to receive active duty pay.

This is Thailand

Did I suggest that no attempt would be made to apprehend a fugitive cop?

What point do you believe you are making?

You seem confused to me, Faz.

I hope you get well.

Edited by JTCarius
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Rain said:

40K a month regional police superintendent is a "swanky" position?

You might want to look up that word there, Flash.

You sir, win the "high IQ of the day" award."🥇

Edited by JTCarius

Anyone else suspected of such a crime would be arrested, but this guy is just transferred? On the run now anyway, and now they find 13 supercars at his 2-acre mansion. Crooked and corfupt from top to bottom. This chiefs boss must know all about him and also have extorted treasures, as must his boss and his boss above him, all the way up to the top. What an absolute disgrace!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Thaired said:

Anyone else suspected of such a crime would be arrested, but this guy is just transferred? On the run now anyway, and now they find 13 supercars at his 2-acre mansion. Crooked and corfupt from top to bottom. This chiefs boss must know all about him and also have extorted treasures, as must his boss and his boss above him, all the way up to the top. What an absolute disgrace!

Very true. You must be Thai and understand how things work here.

23 minutes ago, JTCarius said:

Very true. You must be Thai and understand how things work here.

The sad reality of the situation and this campaign they made "say no to corruption is pure irony"

• Like 1