Jump to content

Udon Thani got my Pfizer today


riclag
 Share

Recommended Posts

500 hundred falang s and their Thai wives/gf.

Initialy it was ,get in a small line and get a number .Soon after everyone was suppose to sit down an wait for your number to be called 555.

That didn’t happen ! The Thai wives and gf started clamoring around trying to take their spouses to the nearest portable injection site. That was stopped and they were told to go sit in the other room 555

All in all 2 hours  and a Pvax as we waited for them to come to our seats 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, riclag said:

500 hundred falang s and their Thai wives/gf.

Initialy it was ,get in a small line and get a number .Soon after everyone was suppose to sit down an wait for your number to be called 555.

That didn’t happen ! The Thai wives and gf started clamoring around trying to take their spouses to the nearest portable injection site. That was stopped and they were told to go sit in the other room 555

All in all 2 hours  and a Pvax as we waited for them to come to our seats 

Excellent to hear that my old hometown of Udon Thani is starting to get many vaccinated.  Maybe they can get to the outer villages and districts such as Nong Saeng.  I know a few expats there who have been waiting to get vaccinated.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Excellent to hear that my old hometown of Udon Thani is starting to get many vaccinated.  Maybe they can get to the outer villages and districts such as Nong Saeng.  I know a few expats there who have been waiting to get vaccinated.

Maybe they can  call their amphur or if they are registered at a nearby hospital and ask about the Pvax here in Udon!

 

There’s one thing I have learned here  in Thailand and through talking to others and that is , one has to call around . Don’t give up when your rejected or told ,sorry we not have!

My second shot is 9/13/21,3 weeks from now !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had lots of friends there this morning get 1st jab

so for all that about farang missing out what crap

and free

Edited by noosard
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Lot of old bald white guys there.

Glad someone is getting a shot, still nada, nada, nada in the South.

My wife said to call the Provincial  public health office in your city or town and ask for help! 
just a suggestion 

Edited by riclag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Same in korat this morning, hundreds of Thai's and expats with gf's, we arrived at 10am opening and i was given my first pfizer jab and 2nd app date, we were finished by 12.30 and it was well organized and staff very polite. Good job,well done people.

Hope this post is ok coz it mentions korat, don't want to upset others here.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2021 at 3:57 PM, riclag said:

My wife said to call the Provincial  public health office in your city or town and ask for help! 
just a suggestion 

That sure is a lot of old white men in one room. Must have scared a few of the locals a bit. CM for anyone under 60 is a bunch of BS to get jabbed. Families want to do it together, but don’t work that way. The majority of everyone is not vaccinated  and some very low IQ moron has the audacity to want it to be a tourist crap box need month. The only thing that can happen is CM will become top of the numbers infected charts. Glad you guys over there are getting some progress. Only took the USA to donate it. How about you kids if you have them? Are they able to get jabbed?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

That sure is a lot of old white men in one room. Must have scared a few of the locals a bit. CM for anyone under 60 is a bunch of BS to get jabbed. Families want to do it together, but don’t work that way. The majority of everyone is not vaccinated  and some very low IQ moron has the audacity to want it to be a tourist crap box need month. The only thing that can happen is CM will become top of the numbers infected charts. Glad you guys over there are getting some progress. Only took the USA to donate it. How about you kids if you have them? Are they able to get jabbed?

 

I had time to think about the eraser and Q tip heads that were present(including myself) in that big hall !

My thoughts were, that there  was a lot of falang money in that room! 555

My kids in Thailand are step daughters 29 and 24 ,love them very  much!

I payed for the 4 of us to get Moderna  at Wattana Hospital in Udon, back in May ! We were on the list for the last quarter , she described it as ,the first scheme with the second scheme coming the first quarter of next year.

I kept in constant touch with the CSR there  and told her that if Pfizer became available ,please let us know.

I got a call last week  and given the  opportunity to get the free Pvax ,so I opted for that. The Pvax was donated by the USA and given to only falangs,my family wasn't eligible! So my wife and kids are still waiting . My Mvax dose will go to another family member,not sure who yet !  

I'm relieved that I got one of 2 shots and sad that my family has to wait for the Mvax or a Pvax if they get access to more .

Thanks for asking .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, stuhan said:

Same in korat this morning, hundreds of Thai's and expats with gf's, we arrived at 10am opening and i was given my first pfizer jab and 2nd app date, we were finished by 12.30 and it was well organized and staff very polite. Good job,well done people.

Hope this post is ok coz it mentions korat, don't want to upset others here.

This event in Udon  almost turned into a mob fest!  555.

Originally we were told at check in ,to sit down and  listen for your number ! That changed! The staff started giving instructions but nobody could hear them cause the room was loud with conversation! 

Its tough to understand some Thai's when they speak English( no disrespect) but under the circumstances it was frustrating to put it mildly! Another falang volunteer  got on a mic and told everybody to remain seated and that the shots would be taken at our seats.

The staff started on one side of the hall  with two portable tables  and went down 2 aisles,that were partially screen off, it was a very slow process ! How often does something like a mass vax event happen ,not often ,so I understood the inexperience .

The other side of the hall was getting anxious ,I and some others sitting near me noticed some of the wives walking over to inspect the process.

Some wives came back for  their husbands and took them to  cut in front 555.

More and more of the same until a small group started to run over there. Thats when a nurse intervened and motioned every body to go back and sit  and told the wives/GF to get out of the sitting  vax areas and sit by themselves.

When calm was restored it was ,as you said, well done!

 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going back on the 13th of Sept ,hopefully it will be a pleasant experience. I'm curious about their procedure in giving out documentation or certificates to each person ,that received  two shots  ! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, riclag said:

This event in Udon  almost turned into a mob fest!  555.

Originally we were told at check in ,to sit down and  listen for your number ! That changed! The staff started giving instructions but nobody could hear them cause the room was loud with conversation! 

Its tough to understand some Thai's when they speak English( no disrespect) but under the circumstances it was frustrating to put it mildly! Another falang volunteer  got on a mic and told everybody to remain seated and that the shots would be taken at our seats.

The staff started on one side of the hall  with two portable tables  and went down 2 aisles,that were partially screen off, it was a very slow process ! How often does something like a mass vax event happen ,not often ,so I understood the inexperience .

The other side of the hall was getting anxious ,I and some others sitting near me noticed some of the wives walking over to inspect the process.

Some wives came back for  their husbands and took them to  cut in front 555.

More and more of the same until a small group started to run over there. Thats when a nurse intervened and motioned every body to go back and sit  and told the wives/GF to get out of the sitting  vax areas and sit by themselves.

When calm was restored it was ,as you said, well done!

In Korat they had a large sitting area for Thai's and foreigners with your numbers, they called out foreigners numbers for Pfizer vaccine in blocks of ten at a time due to process of checking passports ect, then you went to another large area were checked and checked again then directed to a nurse who gave you the jab, then you sat in another area for 30 mins before leaving.Thai's had the same but in blocks of 30 for Sinopharm vaccine,  was a little difficult to hear them call the numbers but they repeated at least 3 times, all in all great job,, only one thing to say, some Thai's were none to happy about foreigners getting the Pfizer jab as they thought it was better than Sinopharm and kicked off about it on F.B.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, riclag said:

I'm going back on the 13th of Sept ,hopefully it will be a pleasant experience. I'm curious about their procedure in giving out documentation or certificates to each person ,that received  two shots  ! 

I go back on the 14th sept for 2nd jab, they gave us a small covid-19 vaccination record card which is stamped with the dates of vaccination and vaccine name but like you i wonder about getting something more official as i don't think this card would qualify as proof.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Slowly slowly - but finally it has started.  I sure hope they are keeping a tally on the numbers of Expats who live in Thailand - especially those with Thai families that they support.  Those ignorant aholes in Bangkok have no idea how many Expats that there are in Thailand that live with Thai families. Hopefully coming out of all of this, including all the donation charity work being done by Expats and Foreigners, will be a recognition of the importance of foreigners to the people and economy of Thailand. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Slowly slowly - but finally it has started.  I sure hope they are keeping a tally on the numbers of Expats who live in Thailand - especially those with Thai families that they support.  Those ignorant aholes in Bangkok have no idea how many Expats that there are in Thailand that live with Thai families. Hopefully coming out of all of this, including all the donation charity work being done by Expats and Foreigners, will be a recognition of the importance of foreigners to the people and economy of Thailand. 

There will never be a recognition by this government or any other military  influenced government in Thailand of the support foreigners provide to the well being of many Thais. It starts from the very top down when you have an indoctrination process that produces nothing but nationalistic propaganda starting from 1932. It will not change unfortunately until or if the country is wiped clean of these depraved, corrupt and self righteous individuals who promote that thinking.

Got a sms last night for my first shot of Pfizer in Udon today, so will give feedback later. Well that is if my anti vacs wife is not correct in believing her friends gossip in that after the shot I might die immediately, or else be unable to walk or perhaps be tired for days on end, won't elaborate on the argument that ensued after 😂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations to all of you who were finally able to get vaccinated after all of the trials and tribulations had throughout the country and the disparate treatment the out provinces had from us here in BKK.  Still many in BKK are hitting brick walls as the locations they have registered have failed to notify them and said vaccines are unavailable.  I hope that they can get their fingers on the pulse and keep it rolling but with the numbers of vaccines on hand it might slow down.  Happy that you folks got the MRNA vaccine as well.  Lets hope when I need to get my second AZ on the 16th, 3 weeks from now there is vaccine available and not just Sinovac.  Stay safe folks

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, gummy said:

There will never be a recognition by this government or any other military  influenced government in Thailand of the support foreigners provide to the well being of many Thais. It starts from the very top down when you have an indoctrination process that produces nothing but nationalistic propaganda starting from 1932. It will not change unfortunately until or if the country is wiped clean of these depraved, corrupt and self righteous individuals who promote that thinking.

Got a sms last night for my first shot of Pfizer in Udon today, so will give feedback later. Well that is if my anti vacs wife is not correct in believing her friends gossip in that after the shot I might die immediately, or else be unable to walk or perhaps be tired for days on end, won't elaborate on the argument that ensued after 😂

Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday in korat, i'm still here and apart from an aching arm i have had no other side effects feel fine.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On the subject of vaccines, anyone no where my Thai wife 38 yrs and her sister 42 yrs can pay to have their vaccines in Nakhon Ratchasima, (Korat).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gummy said:

There will never be a recognition by this government or any other military  influenced government in Thailand of the support foreigners provide to the well being of many Thais. It starts from the very top down when you have an indoctrination process that produces nothing but nationalistic propaganda starting from 1932. It will not change unfortunately until or if the country is wiped clean of these depraved, corrupt and self righteous individuals who promote that thinking.

Got a sms last night for my first shot of Pfizer in Udon today, so will give feedback later. Well that is if my anti vacs wife is not correct in believing her friends gossip in that after the shot I might die immediately, or else be unable to walk or perhaps be tired for days on end, won't elaborate on the argument that ensued after 😂

Certainly there will be limited recognition by the Junta - but if the numbers are put together over the whole country (which it is not), then there is a 'base number' that can be used by everyone involved (and future Thai Govts) to show the value of Expats to the Thai economy - meaning the amount of money they spend every year.  I have asked many times over many years, and I have never seen the actual total number of Expats that live in Thailand.  It has always been an estimate - this Covid situation gives the opportunity to actually count them all up - and then the Thaiger and other media can publicise that fact - and that also gives anyone some 'clout' when they push for reforms/changes.  If it is 10K Expats, each spending about 1,000,000 Baht each per year, that is a total of 10,000,000,000 Baht a year (10 Billion Baht) and that is something.  But if it is about 100K Expats spending 100 Billion Baht each year, then that matters even more.  I think the number is somewhere in between - but it would be good to know - and to have those numbers recognised - and to be able to use those numbers. 

I will stay out of your 'discussions' with an anti-vaxxer wife - that is a no win situation 😉

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Certainly there will be limited recognition by the Junta - but if the numbers are put together over the whole country (which it is not), then there is a 'base number' that can be used by everyone involved (and future Thai Govts) to show the value of Expats to the Thai economy - meaning the amount of money they spend every year.  I have asked many times over many years, and I have never seen the actual total number of Expats that live in Thailand.  It has always been an estimate - this Covid situation gives the opportunity to actually count them all up - and then the Thaiger and other media can publicise that fact - and that also gives anyone some 'clout' when they push for reforms/changes.  If it is 10K Expats, each spending about 1,000,000 Baht each per year, that is a total of 10,000,000,000 Baht a year (10 Billion Baht) and that is something.  But if it is about 100K Expats spending 100 Billion Baht each year, then that matters even more.  I think the number is somewhere in between - but it would be good to know - and to have those numbers recognised - and to be able to use those numbers. 

I will stay out of your 'discussions' with an anti-vaxxer wife - that is a no win situation 😉

Good post and just by way of an update, she is back talking to me normally now and will accompany me today. Perhaps she thinks someone has to identify the body 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I have asked many times over many years, and I have never seen the actual total number of Expats that live in Thailand.  It has always been an estimate - this Covid situation gives the opportunity to actually count them all up - and then the Thaiger and other media can publicise that fact - and that also gives anyone some 'clout' when they push for reforms/changes. 

For determining the actual number of long-term stayers in Thailand, I do not see how this Covid situation is different than before.  The vaccine-shots that long-term stayers received or are applying for will give an incomplete picture, as that does not take into account the many guys that do not take the vaccine.

The actual number of long-term stayers cannot be so difficult to determine as Immigration should be able to add-up all the 1-year extensions of stay they have issued (and subtract those who have left in mean time, and add those that have entered on a Non Imm O-A or Non Imm O Visa whose permission to stay has not  expired yet > the TM-6 entry/departure card data will provide that leave/entry info).  That Thai Immigration can only provide 'estimates' is testimony to the chaos of the enormous bureaucracy they have created.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, stuhan said:

Had my first Pfizer shot yesterday in korat, i'm still here and apart from an aching arm i have had no other side effects feel fine.

I made a point of complimenting the hospital administrater on how well things were organized. She was very pleased. She said if  I wanted to donate to their PPE fund there was a large donation box at the hospital enterance, I left a large donation. I felt good to help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Excellent to hear that my old hometown of Udon Thani is starting to get many vaccinated.  Maybe they can get to the outer villages and districts such as Nong Saeng.  I know a few expats there who have been waiting to get vaccinated.

Just got back from Udon after having my 1st dose of Pfizer. Got to hand it to them for efficiency as I was in and out in 50 minutes.  Back on the 15th Sept for second dose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use