News Forum - German man found dead in apparent suicide in Phuket Hotel

Thaiger

A German national has been found dead with a gunshot wound to his head in a Phuket hotel room. Thai media reports that police believe the wound is self-inflicted. The apparent suicide was reported at 7:44 pm, yesterday, at the Amata Patong Hotel, says a police investigator identified only as Chompunut. Police and a doctor were called in to investigate. In the hotel room, they found a 41 year old German man, deceased on a bed. Chompunut says there was a visible gunshot wound to the man’s head. Reportedly, the gunshot came from a 9 mm bullet fired from a […]

The post German man found dead in apparent suicide in Phuket Hotel appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

After staying in closed down Phuket for a year  he couldn't see the upside of life anymore especially if his Thai relationship had broken I'm guessing . Sad way to go alone in a hotel room . RIP I hope. 

• Like 2

The bullet shot through the man’s head from the right temple out the left one.

The pistol was found in the victim’s right hand. 

Police in Thailand during any investigation :

55180343_images(13).jpeg.d859e6d2201fd459c55e144ade5a1d98.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, gazmo16 said:

After staying in closed down Phuket for a year  he couldn't see the upside of life anymore especially if his Thai relationship had broken I'm guessing . Sad way to go alone in a hotel room . RIP I hope. 

It does not get talked about much but many have killed themselves over the last 18 months from this mass insanity as it relates to Covid...and that includes a LOT of Thais who were financially ruined.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Yinn said:

อมตะ= Amata= immortal.

Not this time. Now Thai people might not stay there because don’t want to get the unlucky suicide room. 

6 minutes ago, gummy said:

Perhaps they should change the name to "Perhaps Amata Patong Hotel"

Or “Not Immortal Patong Hotel”. 

His ghost will be in the room/floor now.

This forum translation the news very well. Not same the tvf who lie for clickbait. Everytime.

Good job Mr Translater!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not this time. Now Thai people might not stay there because don’t want to get the unlucky suicide room. 

He be dead there 5 days already.

i think stinky. A lot.

8 minutes ago, Yinn said:

He be dead there 5 days already.

i think stinky. A lot.

Yeah almost a week as reported had not left the room. Stinky is a very mild way to put that. When human blood outside the body dries it more than is just stinky smelling. Maybe he left the air conditioner on. Going to be a lot of suicides during these hard Covid times.

3 hours ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

It does not get talked about much but many have killed themselves over the last 18 months from this mass insanity as it relates to Covid...and that includes a LOT of Thais who were financially ruined.

It's not just thais or thailand.

The suicide rates throughout the world are through the roof.

Nobody in authority will ever take responsibility for that aspect and will do everything possible to hide the figures.

Saw an article in the UK press today that suspects deaths due to suicide may exceed deaths caused by covid this year.

I'm inclined to agree with the article based on what I have seen and heard this year.

• Like 1

a letter about a Thai woman .............Amazing Thailand....

Curious as to where a german fellow gets a gun in LOS--or got it into LOS......

Lastly guess they wont be having any thais wanting to work there now with the "ghost" spirit mindset...

Be nice to know the room # for future travelers to that hotel..would you want to sleep in that room?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

a letter about a Thai woman .............Amazing Thailand....

Curious as to where a german fellow gets a gun in LOS--or got it into LOS......

Lastly guess they wont be having any thais wanting to work there now with the "ghost" spirit mindset...

Be nice to know the room # for future travelers to that hotel..would you want to sleep in that room?

I think it is best not to know what the previous occupants of any hotel room have been up to.  

If a hotel employee "gained access to the room from the back", I suppose anyone could have done the same.

There are likely no cameras back there.

Edited by bushav8r
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Cathat said:

It's not just thais or thailand.

The suicide rates throughout the world are through the roof.

Nobody in authority will ever take responsibility for that aspect and will do everything possible to hide the figures.

Saw an article in the UK press today that suspects deaths due to suicide may exceed deaths caused by covid this year.

I'm inclined to agree with the article based on what I have seen and heard this year.

I just left that hotel two days ago.  From what my friend who is still there tells me it was a guy we used to drink with by the pool sometimes.  The man’s name was Alex.  He was a big Asian guy with tattoos.  I saw him about 10 days ago following this busty Russian girl named Katya around.  He shook my hand and said thank you for having him at a party we had in Patong tower.  He was very nice.   I think it’s very strange a gun was found and was still in his hand.  The manager used to knock on my room and enter the next room by climbing through my porch into the neighbouring porch.  It can be done.  I don’t know if surveillance cameras work there.  I hope this can be figured and I pray for him and his family.  What a tragedy.

More deaths from suicide than covid in the UK this year.. don't be ridiculous of course there won't be, a very slight increase but over 132,000 plus suicides and rising... your either stupid or just  scaremongering or maybe both. 

• Like 2

Suicide is on the rise I have known two people this year who have committed suicide.

If anybody needs someone to talk to we are all your friends here on Thaiger Talk Im sure one of us can help, stay safe my friends

• Like 4

I am neither stupid or  scaremongering or both.

Read the BBC online report on the subject in yesterday's news.

Once you have learnt how to read look at my post again.

You will see I stated in the UK press.

I nor the BBC never stated within the UK.

I think the stupid element of your post very aptly describes your self.

19 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Suicide is on the rise I have known two people this year who have committed suicide.

If anybody needs someone to talk to we are all your friends here on Thaiger Talk Im sure one of us can help, stay safe my friends

Well said mate, sometimes people get into such a state, they feel suicide is the only answer.

Having someone there for you, if only to talk to helps, believe me i know, i have been there.

Being told you will never walk again is devastating, never make love with my wife of 2 years, i felt i just wanted to end it.

Home after 7 months in hospital, wife at work, lying on my bed alone until my wife came home, hell on earth, that was for me a very dark time.

A few good friends helped me, just by talking to me on the phone, yes Chaimai was 1 of them, he told me later about how difficult it was listening to me being so depressed.

With my wifes help, Chaimais help, 1 or 2  others help, i get through it,  regained my positivity.

Since then i have helped another farang, just by listening to him on the phone.

So folks if you know someone in that situation, be there for them, listen , help them through it, then they dont end up same is that poor German man.

• Like 5

Im always available I might not be the most intelligent person in the world but I can make people laugh,

Im checking up on people here especially some of my wifes friends who we used tyo see often call in one in particular has turned into a bit of recluse and a good lady I often ask my wife has she spoken to her, it's not about money 

The two guys I knew same with them It wasn't lack of money both had good jobs, 

I think I'll start another post think of a title were we can help one another "I'm just a Phone call away"

• Thanks 2

Just now, Lowseasonlover said:

I think I'll start another post think of a title were we can help one another "I'm just a Phone call away"

Great idea mate, but please do not post your number, as there are a few on here who would call just as a wind up, a member who joined yesterday, is in my mind 1 of that kind.

Myself i would be prepared to help/ listen to anybody who needed some support, as it worked for me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

think I'll start another post think of a title were we can help one another "I'm just a Phone call away"

Very good idea mate.

Sometimes, just talking about stuff, really does help: I know.

• Like 3