News Forum - Phuket Sandbox order revises rules to cancel or modify

Thaiger

A new updated Phuket Provincial Order revises the international reopening scheme to include the new Sandbox 7+7 programme but also slips in a revision to the parameters for cancellation or modification of the Phuket Sandbox. The order issued yesterday mostly revises the rules to include conditions for travelling to other destinations in Thailand after the 7 days in Phuket. But amid swelling Covid-19 infections, the order also quietly removes a few requisites for the cancellation or revision of the Sandbox programme as some had been surpassed already. The original threshold of 90 infections in one week and infections in 3 […]

The post Phuket Sandbox order revises rules to cancel or modify appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Of course they have removed the qualifications of stopping the dirtbox, they only added them to get it passed to bring 'Rich Tourisrs' in .. they've already gone 6x over the 90 infected per rolling week .. they will never stop the rich tourists spending 'big' money here!

• Like 1

Well we know know 

https://www.thestar.com.my/aseanplus/aseanplus-news/2021/06/23/what-may-delay-or-even-cancel-phuket-sandbox-plans

was fake news or just rules drawn in the sand at low tide.

Obviously TAT has more influence now than the CCSA, or bigger brown envelopes. Under these rules then, Bangkok will open for overseas tourists next week. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

I always wondered how much money they spent to run this sandbox compare to how much money were actually spent

I think I have a way to find out. Take any number and divide by zero and you should be close

• Haha 4
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

when the walls came down... it will be fun to see who to blame for all this fiasco 

That's easy it is either Bin Laden or Trump

• Haha 4

I think they are clueless.

I don't believe, for one minute, they realize how incredibly stupid and incompetent they look right  now with all of their high-falutin projections, and the rules that the Sandbox would be established under...every last bit of it, every announcement, every ruling, every response...the very personification of "fake news".

• Like 4

Thank you for your brief and to the point article conveying the growing complexities surrounding Thailand's Phuket Sandbox program (I almost felt like I could understand the program!).

More seriously, it's a pity that a safer but much simpler mechanism permitting re-opening to international tourism is not yet in place.

Thanks again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, triplebogey said:

I think I have a way to find out. Take any number and divide by zero and you should be close

Every single post here are from people who are not in the sandbox or who think the risks associated with coming are so high that they post negativity to prevent others from coming, clearly. I wish those that post their comments would say if they are or they are not in the sandbox.  I am glad that the negative people are not here and of course, as always, they are welcome to their own opinions. It’s great here and has been for the past 3 weeks for me, whilst in the sandbox. 
As I have said before, it is no wonder that any Sandboxers are not posting on this forum because we are having a good time.  Do people posting here really think that Thailand, or for that matter, the world is going to revert back to previous days. Delusional.  Get over it, the world has changed and I travel to many places and everything has changed, because we adapt. Well done Thailand for preserving through this pandemic and they have shown me how resilient they are. I am humbled by them. We are learning a new way to live with the virus, and that will be for some time to come. So for those that want a return to what Phuket or Thailand was, then just look around the world at the moment, nothing is returning to what it is was. It’s called evolution. 
Good luck to those that come here, and as I have said before, find your feet and enjoy. For those that want to criticise and complain, stay at home, you are missing out! 
PA I don’t care what the negative and pessimistic idiots respond to this text, stay away and glad you are not here! I won’t be responding, like everyone else who is enjoying the sandbox. 
CheerS

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Cool 1

34 minutes ago, Brian5555 said:

Every single post here are from people who are not in the sandbox or who think the risks associated with coming are so high that they post negativity to prevent others from coming, clearly. I wish those that post their comments would say if they are or they are not in the sandbox.  I am glad that the negative people are not here and of course, as always, they are welcome to their own opinions. It’s great here and has been for the past 3 weeks for me, whilst in the sandbox. 
As I have said before, it is no wonder that any Sandboxers are not posting on this forum because we are having a good time.  Do people posting here really think that Thailand, or for that matter, the world is going to revert back to previous days. Delusional.  Get over it, the world has changed and I travel to many places and everything has changed, because we adapt. Well done Thailand for preserving through this pandemic and they have shown me how resilient they are. I am humbled by them. We are learning a new way to live with the virus, and that will be for some time to come. So for those that want a return to what Phuket or Thailand was, then just look around the world at the moment, nothing is returning to what it is was. It’s called evolution. 
Good luck to those that come here, and as I have said before, find your feet and enjoy. For those that want to criticise and complain, stay at home, you are missing out! 
PA I don’t care what the negative and pessimistic idiots respond to this text, stay away and glad you are not here! I won’t be responding, like everyone else who is enjoying the sandbox. 
CheerS

I've lived here last 4 years .. have you ? Are you enjoying the bars not open ? Restaurants that can't sell alcohol or are you one of the tourists that drink illegally out of a coffee cup? Just asking

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brian5555 said:

CheerS

B5555

I am glad to hear you will not responding. The reason I am glad to hear that is I do not understand what is negative about trying to help someone find out the cost of a project with the use of an impossible mathematics formula. The possibility that you cannot tell the difference between serious comments and light-hearted ones may mean you are having too much fun drinking in areas that you should not be. When on vacation rules are made to broken, you probably should be in Pattaya.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

removes a few requisites for the cancellation or revision of the Sandbox programme

Clearly the intent is to not let anything keep the tourist areas from remaining open. This ties into the PM saying a week or two ago nothing is going yo stop reopening of Thailand’s tourist areas in October. There might be plenty of restrictions and rules, but Thailand will open. Leads one to understand just how desperate Thailand has become for tourist dollars, and how broke they must be at the same time. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, triplebogey said:

If you divide a number with a zero the result is infinite, I don't think they are making an infinite amount of money. 

A  successful sandbox system in any such infected country can and will never be possible, the parameters just change too much from week to week and are impossible to control, that is why most countries in the world are not trying to do it.

The only solution is mass vaccinate and then try a sandbox approach, but until then you are wasting your time as most people from a free open and almost fully vaccinated country will not go to Phuket yet, we will wait and see how it is in a few months time.

But I won't hold my breath. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Brian5555 said:

CheerS

You make some good points.  I'm less concerned about the risks of visiting than I am confused about the complexities of the Phuket Sandbox program (I just want to visit another part of Thailand and wish that there were a safe but far simpler way to do so than by having to spend 2 weeks on Phuket).

Spoiler

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jwd said:

You make some good points.  I'm less concerned about the risks of visiting than I am confused about the complexities of the Phuket Sandbox program (I just want to visit another part of Thailand and wish that there were a safe but far simpler way to do so than by having to spend 2 weeks on Phuket).

Reveal hidden contents

AQ in Bangkok. No muss, no fuss, same four walls for two weeks.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jwd said:

Reveal hidden contents

One week.

36 minutes ago, Jwd said:

Hide contents

Would be great if,  when the tourist gets here, they can have something which resembles a holiday experience.  Open the bloody restaurant and bars and let people have beer.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1