News Forum - Airlines pushing for September reopening for domestic flights

Thaiger

Struggling airlines are backing a push to reopen domestic flights in September from Bangkok’s Don Mueang Airport, a hub for low-cost carriers. Negotiations are in progress with the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand, and budget airlines to create travel and safety regulations to resume flights. Airlines are struggling to remain liquid as nearly all domestic flights have been grounded since July 21 when the government suspended domestic flights for dark red zones with primary hubs like Bangkok being included. Authorities hinted at a reopening on September 1, but it looks more likely to be September […]

The post Airlines pushing for September reopening for domestic flights appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I think best to wait till they open, and book on the day.

Gets expensive to keep throwing money at airlines that don't fly, but still keep your money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shane said:

These are dark days for the airline industry. Let's hope that they do not collapse in the economic fallout of the covid war. 

they bailed out already, which means they pretty much collapsed 

• Cool 1

3 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

I think best to wait till they open, and book on the day.

Gets expensive to keep throwing money at airlines that don't fly, but still keep your money.

That's probably why they're struggling. Ethical business senses come into play.

There is one thing for sure. They will have to get those planes back in the air sooner than later. Otherwise there won't be any airlines capable of carrying on as a business identity. 

• Like 1

let me suffer the sandbox for 7 days and then fly from PKT to Cm and Ill consider a return to LOS....

Or even let me fly direct to CNX and Ill even do a ASQ and be done with it, as Im already vaxxed---

I have cash in hand....(continues to wait)

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, Miked091 said:

There is one thing for sure. They will have to get those planes back in the air sooner than later. Otherwise there won't be any airlines capable of carrying on as a business identity. 

The bitter truth, there, I'm sure. And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Miked091 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

While I think that domestic travel would be good, I think Phuket should be left out of the destinations

Maybe require both vaccinations, a test 72hrs before, and a test 72 hrs after?

I'd be happy with that, and it would stop most flippant travellers.  I think the issue is younger kids though - they can't be vaccinated yet, and some can't be tested due to age.

• Cool 1

10 hours ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Oh... please make it so. Would be nice to leave BKK to Buriram on the plane after my quarantine when I return next month. 

Don't bet on it.

Easier on the soul if you can arrange to have someone pick you up - drive home. 

Doesn't appear that the inter-provincial restrictions are being observed or enforced. 

16 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

let me suffer the sandbox for 7 days and then fly from PKT to Cm and Ill consider a return to LOS....

Or even let me fly direct to CNX and Ill even do a ASQ and be done with it, as Im already vaxxed---

If you want to come back, do it now while the opportunity is available. People keep thinking things will go back to normal. It won't. ASQ may not even be an option pretty soon.

• Haha 1

I'm headed back to Phuket on the 30th (minibus from BKK).

Double vaccinated, will test the day before travel.  Have proof of residence (stamped letter from immigration), so should be good to get back in.  If not, guess I'm staying the other side of Phuket for a while!

14 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

If you want to come back, do it now while the opportunity is available. People keep thinking things will go back to normal. It won't. ASQ may not even be an option pretty soon.

Decent advice. 

Afraid to say that the [BS] documentation loops that is required presently will probably become much more of a task in a very short time - by October? It's also been heavily rumored that ASQ rates will increase by the end of this month. 

The general Thai clusterfuk compounded.

Edited by Rain

12 minutes ago, Rain said:

Decent advice. 

Afraid to say that the [BS] documentation loops that is required presently will probably become much more of a task in a very short time - by October? It's also been heavily rumored that ASQ rates will increase by the end of this month. 

The general Thai clusterf*** compounded.

Witnessing what is happening in Australia should be enough for most people to recognize that 1. this is not about a virus or keeping people safe and healthy and 2. that there is nothing that the elite will not do to crush your life and destroy any and all freedoms you have.

I seriously now believe that mass international travel is a thing of the past along with mass tourism (its non essential!) and they will try to keep people locked down in their respective tax plantations.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

I’m of the same opinion. I’ll do 7 days and want no hassle when I come to leave and catch a flight back to BKK. I’ll even have a PCR before I leave. I’m fully vaccinated and you either trust these vaccines or you don’t. If you don’t, then why are they bothering to vaccinate their population at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

then why are they bothering to vaccinate their population at all. 

That... is a really good question. Hmm... what could be the ulterior motive?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

That... is a really good question. Hmm... what could be the ulterior motive?

Why? What ulterior or hidden agenda do you think all of the governments and the vast majority of scientists in the world have? 

29 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Why? What ulterior or hidden agenda do you think all of the governments and the vast majority of scientists in the world have? 

Oh, I don't know, maybe a bunch of rich people sitting around a table, sometimes, round, especially in the olden days, and making plans how they are going keep getting richer? Ha ha!!

Sitting round, dreaming up some kind of Great Reset or something like that.

Just a bit of historical research is all that is needed. Ever heard of the Bilderburg Group? Or the Tri-lateral Commission? Or the Council on Foreign Relations or the...

The Council of The Americas
The Americas Society
The Forum of the Americas
The Institute For International Economics
The Atlantic Council, Atlanticist Project or Atlanticism to achieve the North Atlantic Military Alliance
American Foreign Policy Council
Foreign Policy Initiative
Foreign Policy Research Institute
Brookings Institution
Foreign Policy Centre UK
European Council on Foreign Relations UK
International monetary fund
World Bank
International Bank of Settlements
German Marshall Fund of the USA (pushing for NATO Expansion in Eastern Europe)
In-Q-Tel (venture capital firm of the CIA)
Frankfurt School of Germany
Tavistock Institute
The G30

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Oh, I don't know, maybe a bunch of rich people sitting around a table, sometimes, round, especially in the olden days, and making plans how they are going keep getting richer? Ha ha!!

Sitting round, dreaming up some kind of Great Reset or something like that.

Just a bit of historical research is all that is needed. Ever heard of the Bilderburg Group? Or the Tri-lateral Commission? Or the Council on Foreign Relations or the...

The Council of The Americas
The Americas Society
The Forum of the Americas
The Institute For International Economics
The Atlantic Council, Atlanticist Project or Atlanticism to achieve the North Atlantic Military Alliance
American Foreign Policy Council
Foreign Policy Initiative
Foreign Policy Research Institute
Brookings Institution
Foreign Policy Centre UK
European Council on Foreign Relations UK
International monetary fund
World Bank
International Bank of Settlements
German Marshall Fund of the USA (pushing for NATO Expansion in Eastern Europe)
In-Q-Tel (venture capital firm of the CIA)
Frankfurt School of Germany
Tavistock Institute
The G30

You forgot the Illuminati and Freemasons 😂 

Oh, and you forgot that all those organisations and countries (even though often they don't even see eye to eye or compete or are at war) work together seamlessly and that not a single individual blows the whistle with clear evidence.

And that not a single scientist can show that it's all nonsense, but that there is clear proof that we're dealing with a viral pandemic.

Oh, and you forgot that the earth is flat 😉 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You forgot the Illuminati and Freemasons 😂 

Oh, and you forgot that all those organisations and countries (even though often they don't even see eye to eye or compete or are at war) work together seamlessly and that not a single individual blows the whistle with clear evidence.

And that not a single scientist can show that it's all nonsense, but that there is clear proof that we're dealing with a viral pandemic.

Oh, and you forgot that the earth is flat 😉 

Oh right... the Earth is flat. You forgot David Icke and the Reptilians... and... Lol. 

Believe whatever you want believe friend... your mind is still free, for the moment.