Father of teenager that was shot near Monday’s protest files police complaint

Thaiger

The father of the teenager who was shot near the Din Daeng Police Station in Bangkok as Monday’s pro-democracy protest was going on has filed a complaint with the police today. The father is demanding that the shooter face legal ramifications for what happened to his son. Choonhavan Homya’s 14 year old son, who was shot in the shoulder, will be discharged from the hospital today, says Choonhavan. The shooting occurred around the time of the turbulent pro-democracy protest earlier this week, but the 14 year believes the shot was fire by teenagers who were uninvolved in the protest. Thai […]

The post Father of teenager that was shot near Monday’s protest files police complaint appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So, despite the furore and mass invasion of the outrage bus, it now appears increasingly likely that the man shot in the neck near Din Daeng was also shot by person or persons unknown.

Oops .....

Of course it won't be anything that the RTP did, heaven forbid that they would do something that was against the law. Will be blamed on somebody else for sure, they will set up a committee to check CCTV for evidence. Should have an answer next year sometime. 

• Cool 1

So after protestors claimed police shot him with live ammunition, now it turns out not only did the police only use rubber bullets but the 14 year old is saying it was actually another person who shot him and not the police...

The shooting occurred around the time of the turbulent pro-democracy protest earlier this week, but the 14 year believes the shot was fire by teenagers who were uninvolved in the protest.

Thai media says the boy was driving on his way home when he was attacked by a group of teenagers who were near the police station. Later, it was determined that the boy had taken a round from a firearm.

Another teenager was also shot around the same time and is still in a coma.

Edited by dj230
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, dj230 said:

So after protestors claimed police shot him with live ammunition, now it turns out not only did the police only use rubber bullets but the 14 year old is saying it was actually another person who shot him and not the police...

First you mixing two different incidents, they were claiming the ding daeng incidents with a 20 years old who got shot in the head and is still in the coma and fighting for his life in the icu. And there are video footages because there were many livestreams and many people filming at the demonstrations. Inform you first before you make judgements, because this are 2 different cases!

1 hour ago, Stardust said:

First you mixing two different incidents, they were claiming the ding daeng incidents with a 20 years old who got shot in the head and is still in the coma and fighting for his life in the icu. And there are video footages because there were many livestreams and many people filming at the demonstrations. Inform you first before you make judgements, because this are 2 different cases!

This was in din daeng on the same day, protestors said live ammunition was used by police. Turns out it wasn't even the police.

Edited by dj230

Yes, indeed there are "video footages", but they don't show the guy shot in the neck being shot by the police, and they do show the policeman on the roof of the Din Daeng police station armed with a riot gun (type unclear) that can only fire an assortment of rubber bullets or shotgun cartridges, not a rifle.

Oops ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

Ohh yes? Hmm....a bunch of 'protestors' with firearms eh?

Do tell.......

Unlikely to be "protesters", but that hardly narrows it down nor does it rule anyone out.

26 minutes ago, dj230 said:

This was in din daeng on the same day, protestors said live ammunition was used by police. Turns out it wasn't even the police.

Yes but you are mixing the incident from the 14 year old and the 20 year old with the headshot and there was riot police and it is on video including the police! I hope now you understand this 2 different incidents to make it clearer the other incident was near a police station but not clear who shot. And yes live amunition was used and the evidence were the doctors who took the bullet out! Maybe you should watch also Thai news to get more infos and details and there were 3 people who got shot. 

16 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes but you are mixing the incident from the 14 year old and the 20 year old with the headshot and there was riot police and it is on video including the police! I hope now you understand this 2 different incidents to make it clearer the other incident was near a police station but not clear who shot. And yes live amunition was used and the evidence were the doctors who took the bullet out! Maybe you should watch also Thai news to get more infos and details and there were 3 people who got shot. 

There was multiple incidents that day, not just one. This incident was on the same day at the same location.

Can you post the video you're talking about, the only one I saw was a police officer with what looked like a shotgun (which is what they use to shoot the rubber bullets)

Edited by dj230

15 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To make it more clearer in the thai tv they showed the videos the shooter in it was clearly seen he had a riot police uniform and helm and everything was filmed because at that intersection were a lot of people filming or livestreaming the clashes and from there came the claims. The videos went also viral in the social media and all is filmed including when the ambulance came.

5 minutes ago, Stardust said:

To make it more clearer in the thai tv they showed the videos the shooter in it was clearly seen he had a riot police uniform and helm and everything was filmed because at that intersection were a lot of people filming or livestreaming the clashes and from there came the claims. The videos went also viral in the social media and all is filmed including when the ambulance came.

Maybe this help to understand , there were daily incidents from motorists and people living in the area that they were attacked daily from up Police snipers with teargas canisters

There are many livestreams about just one but there are many in the net or you watch Thai news tv you will see a lot of this filmed incidents.

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

Is this the same kid that “ended up in a coma”???

No, two different incidents.

This one was 14, shot in the shoulder, discharged.

The other was 20, shot in the neck, in ICU.

I hope now you understand this 2 different incidents to make it clearer the other incident was near a police station but not clear who shot. 

Yes and no.

It's "not clear who shot", but it's clear who didn't shoot - not the policeman on the roof of the police station who it was suggested had fired as he didn't have a rifle.

And yes live amunition was used and the evidence were the doctors who took the bullet out!

No, there's NO evidence "live amunition was used", at least by the police, as there's no evidence they fired the round that hit the 20 year old in the neck.

The only evidence so far is that the 14 year old wasn't shot by the police, as he says so and the incident's on tape.

Maybe you should watch also Thai news to get more infos and details and there were 3 people who got shot

Maybe you should heed your own advice.

Well, there was a video of a policeman at the area in riot gear, etc, etc, but there's nothing at all to show or even suggest he was "the shooter".

Maybe this help to understand , there were daily incidents from motorists and people living in the area that they were attacked daily from up Police snipers with teargas canisters

There are many livestreams about just one but there are many in the net or you watch Thai news tv you will see a lot of this filmed incidents.

No, sorry, that doesn't "help to understand" at all. 

I lasted the first five minutes of watching quiet Bangkok streets and a fat girl getting a motorbike taxi, but I couldn't last another four hours of it.

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

There was multiple incidents that day, not just one. This incident was on the same day at the same location.

Can you post the video you're talking about, the only one I saw was a police officer with what looked like a shotgun (which is what they use to shoot the rubber bullets)

I think you're talking about the same video I saw which was reported as a "police sniper", @dj230.

As you say, he clearly wasn't a sniper as although you can't identify the exact weapon from the video, it's clearly not a rifle but a shotgun / riot gun.

The last time a similar claim was made, IIRC by Khaosod, it was very clearly a Remington Wingmaster, although I can't recall the exact model.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

I think you're talking about the same video I saw which was reported as a "police sniper", @dj230.

As you say, he clearly wasn't a sniper as although you can't identify the exact weapon from the video, it's clearly not a rifle but a shotgun / riot gun.

The last time a similar claim was made, IIRC by Khaosod, it was very clearly a Remington Wingmaster, although I can't recall the exact model.

Yea, it was definitely not a sniper

Heres a picture of a protestor holding an actual gun (not a tear gas gun).

Two Pathum Thani residents detained for participating in Aug 10 rally (nationthailand.com)

I wonder if there are any pictures of police holding actual guns, in the protests, or if they will have to start as protestors are holding real guns now.

• Cool 1

4 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Yea, it was definitely not a sniper

Heres a picture of a protestor holding an actual gun (not a tear gas gun).

Two Pathum Thani residents detained for participating in Aug 10 rally (nationthailand.com)

I wonder if there are any pictures of police holding actual guns, in the protests, or if they will have to start as protestors are holding real guns now.

I think you need to be quite careful about what you mean by "real guns" and "actual guns" if you're not to fall into the same trap as others have here and elsewhere.

All are "real guns" as they can fire "real bullets" - even a shotgun can fire solid shot - but what they're used for by the RTP may be a lot more limited, and some RTP riot police may also be carrying sidearms (pistols) which are also "real guns".

I don't want to insult anyone's intelligence, but FWIW the easiest and generally accepted terminology, while not necessarily strictly technically correct,is:

Rifles - any medium or long barrelled weapon that fires a "real" (jacketed) bullet.  For regular RTP police, that's  sniper rifles, M-4's, M-16s, H&K MP5, etc, all with a box magazine.

Pistols - revolvers and semi-autos, firing a "real" (jacketed) bullet: Sig Sauer P320S, Colt .45s, etc.

Riot guns - mainly shotguns, Remingtons and Mossbergs, easily identifiable as they're pump action with no box magazine, which fire a variety of rubber / plastic  bullets, plus an occasional riot gun such as an FRG or M79, easily identifiable as the barrels are very short and fat, which can fire rubber bullets or tear gas canisters.

If people would stick to rifles, pistols, shotguns and riot guns then it would simplify and clarify things enormously.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1