British man convicted of refusing to wear a mask, harassing police, to be deported from Singapore

Thaiger

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

I haven't admitted anything - shouldn't you be over in Covid Corner with all the other pant wetting conspiracy theorists ?

Listen you can deny science all you want but that does not change the fact about how certain masks work for certain situations. Everyone knew before Covid that you really needed at least an N95 to deal with the PM 2.5 problem. I also use a special 3M respirator when painting, I guess you could wear an N95 in a pinch but that will not filter out the organic vapors and particulates.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/19/2021 at 7:00 PM, Soidog said:

I do agree with what you are saying. But surely that’s racist isn’t it if you judge an entire race or culture based on the actions of a few? Oh no, what am I saying. That only applies if it’s a white westerner who makes such judgement about foreigners. 😉

Just try to say foreigners that live in another country, should obey the rules, if they do not the citizen of the country start to hate the foreigner... is a plain fact.. same when people start about Muslim..  they make a bad name for themselves..  not our fault, their own fault 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

• 1 month later...

I do not agree with the propaganda centred on this form of Asian Flu.  To me, this is nothing but a global exercise in government control push for power over the sheeple.

Having said that, rules are rules and failing to comply when fronted by legal authorities is nothing but absolute stupidity. Hope this village

idiot enjoys his time back in Blighty - he won't be getting back into South-aeast Asia any time soon!

On 8/19/2021 at 7:13 PM, Benroon said:

Oh yes - under the nose is WAY more stupid than not at all - my wife rushes to hold my arms by my side everytime I see one of the morons !

And note the those people are both local AND farang... you might also care to do a search on the filtering efficiency of nasal hair for a bit of a surprise...

On 8/19/2021 at 9:00 PM, DiJoDavO said:

I get it, rules are rules, but why is Singapore always so over the top with certain punishments? 

Just looked up something about their laws. 

If there's a law that tells you to pay up to 1k$ for chewing gum littering, better watch out with anything else that could make sense to be punished for. 

Screenshot_20210819_204353.thumb.jpg.ef1727333d44c4606447613c60403ed8.jpgAnd a law that says you may not be naked in your own home? What are they going to do? Pull random people out of their home naked? How does sex work? 

What if you're gay, chewing gum, smoking, while using someone else's wifi, shitting very loud after 10pm, naked and then not flush the toilet? Will you get the death penalty? 

Whatever happened to their 'no hair below the collar lines law?

On 8/19/2021 at 7:50 PM, Soidog said:

I’m not sure I do @Paco  I was trying to be sarcastic and facetious. I wasn’t implying racism. 
I do however find it odd that westerners seem to get the rough end of the stick no matter which end we grab it. When we go to a foreign country we are expected (and usually do) adhere to local laws and respect local customs. We accept the restrictions and understand it’s not our country. Then when we are in our own country we have to see foreigners arrive illegally. They then claim “they have rights” and woe-betide anyone who questions their actions or those rights. If you do then you are labeled racist. Anyway, rant over! 😂😂 

Sarcasm - the lowest form of wit. Well said and put in a nutshell.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:30 PM, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Oh, "causing a nuisance"?! Well, in that case! Jay-sus! 😱

And people are cheering for this tyrannical bullshit...

No; people are cheering against his stupid, childish verbal assault on uniformed members of the Police. Shows a special kind of stupid to do that and I am strongly suspect at his psychological assessment. 

On 8/19/2021 at 4:59 PM, Thaiger said:

A British man has been sentenced to 6 weeks in a Singaporean jail

this is far too lenient a sentence for this transgression against the people and the State. he should be subject to summary execution. and governments all over the world should adopt this policy. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 7:32 AM, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Listen you can deny science all you want but that does not change the fact about how certain masks work for certain situations. Everyone knew before Covid that you really needed at least an N95 to deal with the PM 2.5 problem. I also use a special 3M respirator when painting, I guess you could wear an N95 in a pinch but that will not filter out the organic vapors and particulates.

I also like to bring up what I think is a pertinent fact; we are told to wear masks to FILTER and STOP the virus (hahaha) being inhaled. That means that the virus (hahaha) is trapped in the alleged filtering section of the el cheapo mask. Why then, aren't these masks seen and treated as a biological hazard? Why aren't there hazardous waste bins on every street corner?

Facemask.jpg

6 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

I also like to bring up what I think is a pertinent fact; we are told to wear masks to FILTER and STOP the virus (hahaha) being inhaled. That means that the virus (hahaha) is trapped in the alleged filtering section of the el cheapo mask. Why then, aren't these masks seen and treated as a biological hazard? Why aren't there hazardous waste bins on every street corner?

Facemask.jpg

Questions, questions, why is no-one answering?

43 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

Because you're wrong. They don't filter how most people wear them. They catch aerosols droplets on the outside, the most likely and highest viral-load containing fluid that transmits Covid.

But you are correct that it would be better to dispose of them properly.

Then again, none of the individual measures are perfect. But in total they go a long way to prevent transmission.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

this is far too lenient a sentence for this transgression against the people and the State.

And chewing gum there gets you the cane! He is lucky he cane sit down.

• Cool 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2021 at 1:50 PM, Soidog said:

I’m not sure I do @Paco  I was trying to be sarcastic and facetious. I wasn’t implying racism. 
I do however find it odd that westerners seem to get the rough end of the stick no matter which end we grab it. When we go to a foreign country we are expected (and usually do) adhere to local laws and respect local customs. We accept the restrictions and understand it’s not our country. Then when we are in our own country we have to see foreigners arrive illegally. They then claim “they have rights” and woe-betide anyone who questions their actions or those rights. If you do then you are labeled racist. Anyway, rant over! 😂😂 

I have been saying it for years now, only white people can be racist in the UK.

It is funny as I have friends and family of many different races and the things they come out openly with each other is deemed racist here,  they laugh and say we can make comments about anybody we please as it is only you the white man who can be a racist in the UK, we laugh about it, but it is true.

Edited by JamesR
typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I have been saying it for years now, only white people can be racist in the UK.

It is funny as I have friends and family of many different races and the things they come out openly with each other is deemed racist here,  they laugh and say we can make comments about anybody we please as it is only you the white man who can be a racist in the UK, we laugh about it, but it is true.

Yes it’s very odd how the white man and so called “white privilege” or “white mans guilt” has taken root in our own society. It seems it’s now a badge of honour by the virtue signalling lefties who love to say how bad their own people have behaved.  

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes it’s very odd how the white man and so called “white privilege” or “white mans guilt” has taken root in our own society. It seems it’s now a badge of honour by the virtue signalling lefties who love to say how bad their own people have behaved.  

I don't know if it would be called virtue signaling or whatever 

But there is a whole bunch of old white assholes in the world..... 

(Not all, but a whole lot)

4 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I don't know if it would be called virtue signaling or whatever 

But there is a whole bunch of old white assholes in the world..... 

(Not all, but a whole lot)

There’s a whole lot of assholes, full stop in the world. 😂😂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That's for sure!  

Ain't going to argue with that 

6 hours ago, Soidog said:

And from all account's around 10% like it just like that 😉

34 minutes ago, Rain said:

White Man's Burden...

This is way off topic. What has this news gotta do with racism.

Just obey the bloody rules when you are in a foreign country, else face the consequences.

If you don't like the rules just go somewhere else. 

• Like 1