CCSA approves Sputnik vaccine, allowing Russian Sandboxers

Thaiger

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration quietly okayed the Russian Sputnik vaccine as one of the accepted vaccine brands for international travellers entering Sandbox destinations in Thailand. The vaccine had previously failed to receive approval from the Food and Drug Administration for import and use in Thailand. The Department of Disease Control is now expected to approve the order from the CCSA by the end of August, moving one step closer to the ability for Russians and others from the dozens of countries who used the Sputnik vaccine to travel to Thailand soon. Tropical Thai destinations have long seen strong […]

The post CCSA approves Sputnik vaccine, allowing Russian Sandboxers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

55 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

You have to think this was done primarily for tourism reasons. 

No, I think it was done for reasons of compassion. The vaccinated now realize they are walking prion factories and don't have much longer to go.

Let em' enjoy a rented week or two with Nok or Lek before they kick the bucket.

Hey, I am all for it.

• Haha 2
  • Cool 1

4 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Ya think? 

Certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with the health and well being of the population existing in a current crisis.

3 hours ago, Tim said:

They expect to get 500.000 Russians in 3 months, they dreaming.

to be honest, one of the most negative tourists are Russians, always angry and negative (like me to the Clown, health minister, 555) i do not like Russians at all and i think many others either... it was only nice when they in Thailand with Songkran, just to piss them off with a load of ice water 555

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

I thought so, too, at first but then did a bit of research on the efficacy and use of the vaccine, and it seems to be legit, with reports of 93%+ in Paraguay and 91% in India.

The company that makes it says it's 92% effective against Delta.

So, the Russian Mafia is once again welcome to being their hoards of cash to Phuket.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Ya think? 

Certainly has nothing whatsoever to do with the health and well being of the population existing in a current crisis.

You are putting words in my mouth, I never claimed it was only about tourism. Two points, first Sputnik vaccine has questionable efficacy at best. Even the Russians don’t want to take it. Slovakia bought thousands of doses only to have Russia demand they be returned. Why? Because Slovakia tested them and pointed out the formula didn’t match what was given to the EU for approval (which still hasn’t happen). Seems the contract specifically bans the purchaser from actually testing the vaccine. Second it’s clear Thailand is going to do whatever is needed to reopen the country to tourists. Even if that means changing the requirements or rules. It’s highly doubtful the Chinese are coming anytime soon. It’s also well known the Russians come in numbers. They need to save high season and that requires numbers. Question, if it’s just about getting more vaccines, why didn’t they approved them earlier? 

• Like 3
  • Cool 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration quietly okayed the Russian Sputnik vaccine as one of the accepted vaccine brands for international travellers entering Sandbox destinations in Thailand. The vaccine had previously failed to receive approval from the Food and Drug Administration for import and use in Thailand. The Department of Disease Control is now expected to approve the order from the CCSA by the end of August, moving one step closer to the ability for Russians and others from the dozens of countries who used the Sputnik vaccine to travel to Thailand soon. Tropical Thai destinations have long seen strong […]

The post CCSA approves Sputnik vaccine, allowing Russian Sandboxers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Denim short sellers are rejoicing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Okay, another approval made not primarily with the best interests of the average Thai person in mind, but (in this case) clearly in the interest of those people having (financial) interests in the Thai tourist industry. Big surprise is it not.

By now it should be clear for every not biased (pro or contra this Thai government and its institutions) person, that as long as this government is not ousted - one way or another - this kind of articles about (new) regulations and (dis)approvals will occur in the news daily.

• Cool 1

46 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Denim short sellers are rejoicing. 

Not to mention the speedo outlets who have an oversupply of the wrong sizes

8 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The Tourism Authority of Thailand hopes that 500,000 Russian travellers will visit this year now that the Sputnik vaccine has been approved.

I hope I win the lottery - I'm not over optimistic, though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

They come in different sizes?

4 hours ago, Paco said:

to be honest, one of the most negative tourists are Russians, always angry and negative...

dude.  Russians, of course, are not the most outwardly positive people on the planet, but to say that we are ALWAYS evil is too much.  You may not be lucky, but most of us are very sincere people :) But the fact that in large tourist clusters, such as Pattaya or Phuket, Thais are becoming less and less friendly, it is very sad.  Although, most of them, especially in the provinces, still remain very friendly and support the status of the "country of smiles".  I did not wait for the opening of Thailand and am going to Turkey, but the mood from this is clearly not as festive as in the past, when I was looking forward to a trip to Tai.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Don't forget the Russian uniform.. white see through tops.. people may think they testing for covid !

Edited by Malc-Thai

3 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Don't forget the Russian uniform.. white see through tops.. people may think they testing for covid !

I see connoisseurs of modern fashion trends gathered here 😀 

Then I retire, because sometimes I go in bathing shorts and generally without any top 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, EdwardV said:

3 hours ago, EdwardV said:

You are putting words in my mouth, I never claimed it was only about tourism.

Strange.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, KRLMRX said:

dude.  Russians, of course, are not the most outwardly positive people on the planet, but to say that we are ALWAYS evil is too much.  You may not be lucky, but most of us are very sincere people :) But the fact that in large tourist clusters, such as Pattaya or Phuket, Thais are becoming less and less friendly, it is very sad.  Although, most of them, especially in the provinces, still remain very friendly and support the status of the "country of smiles".  I did not wait for the opening of Thailand and am going to Turkey, but the mood from this is clearly not as festive as in the past, when I was looking forward to a trip to Tai.

Good to see your understanding, there . . . thanks for that. Sorry I missed your debut post, the other day, too.

Hello KRLMRX and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paco said:

to be honest, one of the most negative tourists are Russians, always angry and negative (like me to the Clown, health minister, 555) i do not like Russians at all and i think many others either ....

I disagree.  I am NOT Russian, but I do have good friends who are Russians.

I find my friends very good people - and far from angry and negative.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KRLMRX said:

Well is my experience with Russians blame your fellow citizens... land of smile.. Russians do not smile, I met many and they grumpy.. my experience