USA faces criticism from China for leaving Afghanistan in an "awful mess".

Andrew Reeve

16 hours ago, Benroon said:

Hungarian president has just said he's not taking any afghans for a US f*** up !

Think the US might have misjudged this baby

Hungary's president is a totalitarian asshole.

He is anti-immigrant from anywhere.  This is just grandstanding on his part.

He truly is a repugnant human being...this declaration is not a change in policy or procedure for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I can confirm that unlike the rest of the planet Thailand has not taken umbrage with the americans afghan debacle - only this morning I phoned Bangkok Bank and whilst on hold they played The Yellow Rose of Texas Rolf Harris stylophone style! 

Peace.

But they have been playing that for a long time now. But no worries I hear they are changing it soon to this

31 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Wait.

China doesn't realize who they are getting into bed with.

In a few years, the disaster that the Chinese will have wrought in Afghanistan will become visible and their hundreds of millions of dollars wasted in an empty attempt to influence the country and the region.

China will have 2 goals in Afghanistan.

1) Infrastructure deals; mining.

2) Shutdown any militant stuff that involves Chinese citizens (i.e. a certain race group of people in China).

Number 1 will lead to money coming in for the new regime, number 2 will be a secondary thing.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Hungary's president is a totalitarian asshole.

He is anti-immigrant from anywhere.  This is just grandstanding on his part.

He truly is a repugnant human being...this declaration is not a change in policy or procedure for him.

I was actually thinking about Hungary but from another perspective. The EU will be swift to engage in casual business with the Talibani administration while at the same time it wants to kick out Hungary for much milder offences. Afghanistan has rich natural resources and nobody wants to miss out on those.

56 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Have you completed a Heli Handler/Marshall Course ? I've have as a Cpl and a CQMS.

FWIW, which is very little, I was an instructor in it as I am in Heli Abseiling. Still qualified.

... and FWIW, which is rather more, you've neatly shot yourself in the foot with your claim that  "HELO is a technical term heli or hels is Soldier slang".  There's a hint in the abbreviated name of the course - as usual, give a Walt enough rope and they're guaranteed to hang themselves.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Have you every directed a HELO from the air to the ground or used the flashcard on the back off your notebook?

See above - operationally, British hel's, American HELO's, assorted Gulf armies', and Soviet Mil's.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Ref HELO a nine liner is an American term but we've used it for many years for CASREP's.

"ref HELO" isn't in any nine liner / Medevac / Casrep; not British, not US, not NATO standard.  That's the whole point of having a nine liner that's alpha-numeric - to avoid the need for "ref" anything. 

Sorry, I'm sure you're impressing someone, but I just can't be bothered. 

37 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

2) Shutdown any militant stuff that involves Chinese citizens (i.e. a certain race group of people in China).

Number 1 will lead to money coming in for the new regime, number 2 will be a secondary thing.

Well said, but they're going to have to keep the lid on.

14 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Can't wait to see the CCP get their buns chewed up and spat out like everyone else.

The CCP aren't going in there to conquer, they're going in there to do business.
Money will flow, and the Afghan government will want to keep that flowing.

It's a win/win situation really. - except for the west, who are going to lose out on the natural resources that the Chinese will end up mining, and whine about with fake news.

To be honest, I'm more surprised that by now the European's aren't telling the American's where to fark off.

Europe see's the brunt of America 'fark yeah!' World Police! decisions in the middle east. 

Libya, etc are a complete poop-show due to the Murican's, and Europe gets the benefit of all those great refugee's pouring in.  I don't see America taking in any refugee's*, do you?

Bring us your poor, your tired, and your huddled masses, as long as they aren't brown, poor or huddled together...

*21k over 10 years.  vs Million's displaced due to war.

---

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/desperation-us-scours-countries-willing-house-afghan-refugees-2021-08-13/

https://www.cato.org/blog/there-no-good-reason-block-afghan-refugees

From 2001 through July 2021, the U.S. government admitted 20,841 Afghan refugees. 

Edited by shanghailoz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, gummy said:

But if you want a nation even more stupid to irradiate the world , other than by accident of course, then Israel would strike me as a greater risk to civilization.

And the Americans would cheer and support them whilst doing it.

That whole region is a powder keg waiting for someone to light the fuse

2 minutes ago, shanghailoz said:

The CCP aren't going in there to conquer, they're going in there to do business.
Money will flow, and the government will want to keep that flowing.

It's a win/win situation really. - except for the west, who are going to lose out on the natural resources that the Chinese will end up mining, and whine about with fake news.

You forget about all the rest of the groups as in we can call them ethnic tribes there are there spread out everywhere that will plainly just not lay down and let it happen. And no they are definitely all not bowing to or aligned with the Taliban by a long shot. If China is to succeed, they gonna have to have a huge campaign to wipe them all out. So based on this they are going to have their big problems sooner or later after they push their loans and ideals on the Taliban and country, then they will have those same exact problems. 

You also have to remember that the Chinese are not Muslim friendly and they know that as there are numbers of Uighurs with the Taliban for the purpose of anti China. No don't figure does it? 

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

You also have to remember that the Chinese are not Muslim friendly and they know that as there are numbers of Uighurs with the Taliban for the purpose of anti China. No don't figure does it? 

I disagree with your first part - it will be in the taliban government interest not to mess that up.

As for the later point.  I believe I already covered that - see #2

They will do that financially - carrot and stick.  Don't mess with us, and we'll invest and improve your economy.   

3 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

Why does everyone trust the Yanks about this?

They're the only nation to have dropped the bomb on anyone. Twice.

That they did though their decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki had to be viewed alongside the prospect of having to invade Japan in conventional warfare and as the Japanese had shown on Okinawa and Iwo Jima they would not give up without a very bloody fight .. the prospect of losing possibly hundreds of thousands of service personnel to conquer Japan ultimately made their decision to flatten H and N the first choice to end the War .. 

The Russians should not be left out of it neither as they came within minutes of launching nuclear armed torpedo's after their submarine B59 was detected by U S warships and depth charged to force it to surface off the coast of Cuba during the missile crisis of 1962 .. unaware of what was happening above and with no radio contact to the rest of the flotilla the sub's captain and political officer on board fearing WW3 had started wanted to launch tactical nuclear torpedo's at an American warship but the flotilla commander Vasily Arkhiphov who was aboard B59 argued they could not be sure what was happening on the surface and as the sub' had been damaged by the depth charging the only option was to surface .. on surfacing they found thereselves surrounded by American warships with the crew taken into custody before being returned to Russia mths later amid great shame and embarrasment for them .. Arkhiphov would go on to be known as the man who saved the world as had B59 fired the torpedo's then almost inevitably it would have conflagrated into a full blown nuclear exchange between the U S and the USSR .. 

IMG_20210818_093455.jpg

33 minutes ago, Stonker said:

was an instructor in it as I am in Heli Abseiling. Still qualified

Heli Absailing ? Do you mean fast roping Absailing in an adventure training qualification you'll be telling us next that you assailed into the Iranian Embassy in the 80's 55555

8 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

That they did though their decision to bomb Hiroshima and Nagasaki had to be viewed alongside the prospect of having to invade Japan in conventional warfare and as the Japanese had shown on Okinawa and Iwo Jima they would not give up without a very bloody fight .. the prospect of losing possibly hundreds of thousands of service personnel to conquer Japan ultimately made their decision to flatten H and N the first choice to end the War .. 

The Russians should not be left out of it either as the Soviet invasion of Manchuria on 9 August changed Japanese minds.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/04/hiroshima-atomic-bomb-us-japan-history

Fixed that for you.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

I could tell you were a Walt after reading a few of you post by the way you ran to the internet to verify Military speak and your lack of understanding of layman's terms as regards to my own service I hold my B108C my certificate of service and well as all my CR's course certificates from everything from SCBC to PSBC and numerous instructor qualifications as well as 8 medals I've even still got my MOD 90 (although now long expired) 

You still haven't said which unit Regiment Corp or Battalion you've served in (I strongly suspect none or maybe you sound like a TA ted)

To summarise I can prove my 23 years 7 months and 11 days service can you ?????

No need - I'm not the Wally who banged on that it was Helo's not Heli's, then boasted about his Heli Handling Course.

I'm not saying you're fantasising, just that you're clueless.

1 hour ago, 23RD said:

Heli Absailing ? Do you mean fast roping Absailing in an adventure training qualification you'll be telling us next that you assailed into the Iranian Embassy in the 80's 55555

No, I mean the Heli Abseiling Instructors  Cse, run by JATE at Brize Norton - Cse JATE/3819/Abseil3.

It's often done as an add on for Heli Handlers - nothing special (or Special) about it.

You're confusing it with the TR&AS qual, which was part of UEL and JSMEL.

Hi @23RDand @Stonker

Your posts seem to have moved well off topic, however you seem to be having a good chat.😀

Do you want me to create a separate topic for you and move your posts across to it so you can continue?

Just need to get the Topic back on track as per our Forum Guidelines.

Send me a PM if you do.

Thanks 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, gummy said:

But if you want a nation even more stupid to irradiate the world , other than by accident of course, then Israel would strike me as a greater risk to civilization.

.....supported and maintained by Uncle Sugar.

Anyone see the correlation?

🤨

By claiming sole rights to the entire South China Sea, China has essentially frozen itself out of the diplomatic arena. When you add in the hints of organ harvesting by the CCP, the oppression and concentration camps in the West, and other heinous offenses, China is in no position to question the morality of any decision any nation makes.

And by the way, what did China contribute to the human rights position of the Afghan people? Same can be said about Syria. The CCP are moral retrogrades. Heathens. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 23RD said:

So Walter have you been reading DIN's and JSP's for the last 2 hours???

What Unit did you serve in and from what dates????

You can see why were all a little bit suspicious that your a Walt ? 

I'm not the one contradicting myself and shooting myself in the foot with every post.

Sorry, but there are limits to even my patience.

7 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

Hi @23RDand @Stonker

Your posts seem to have moved well off topic, however you seem to be having a good chat.😀

Do you want me to create a separate topic for you and move your posts across to it so you can continue?

Just need to get the Topic back on track as per our Forum Guidelines.

Send me a PM if you do.

Thanks 

Sorry, very fair point.

7 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

By claiming sole rights to the entire South China Sea, China has essentially frozen itself out of the diplomatic arena. When you add in the hints of organ harvesting by the CCP, the oppression and concentration camps in the West, and other heinous offenses, China is in no position to question the morality of any decision any nation makes.

And by the way, what did China contribute to the human rights position of the Afghan people? Same can be said about Syria. The CCP are moral retrogrades. Heathens. 

EC_JIe0X4AIAlUP.jpg

image.jpeg

6a014e5f5d3c7c970c0168e5f43dbd970c.jpg

perverted-pepper-titanic-cartoon.jpg

Is this where the false whataboutism comes into play? 

You might want to examine who the truer destructive force is. 

5 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

I disagree with your first part - it will be in the taliban government interest not to mess that up.

As for the later point.  I believe I already covered that - see #2

They will do that financially - carrot and stick.  Don't mess with us, and we'll invest and improve your economy.   

Well we both can speculate all we want as is still way too early and fresh not even out of the gates. But I will stand behind my statement. China has a poor track record and everyone knows the CCP is notorious at being dishonest pointing the other direction for what the real truth is while claiming they are the misunderstood persecuted ones. The Uyghurs are there already and word is out and the CCP will not be able to side step this one. Then take into consideration of all the other tribes the Taliban cannot control. Lots and lots of these hardened dug in folk. May take awhile but the Taliban will bring them in, then suck the money from them and next the one day will come that the CCP life there will become hard to impossible just like everyone else over history. Do you really think the CCP will stop what they are doing to the Uyghur folk in China? It’s a cleansing sterilization. 
Let’s just wait and see and if you and I are still around on the forum then talk again on the subject. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Well we both can speculate all we want as is still way too early and fresh not even out of the gates. But I will stand behind my statement. China has a poor track record and everyone knows the CCP is notorious at being dishonest pointing the other direction for what the real truth is while claiming they are the misunderstood persecuted ones. The Uyghurs are there already and word is out and the CCP will not be able to side step this one. Then take into consideration of all the other tribes the Taliban cannot control. Lots and lots of these hardened dug in folk. May take awhile but the Taliban will bring them in, then suck the money from them and next the one day will come that the CCP life there will become hard to impossible just like everyone else over history. Do you really think the CCP will stop what they are doing to the Uyghur folk in China? It’s a cleansing sterilization. 
Let’s just wait and see and if you and I are still around on the forum then talk again on the subject. 

Yet the Uyghur population is increased by more than 2.5m in eight years 2008-2016? I'd call that a failed genocide or 'cleansing sterilization.'

Been for a look have we? Or just repeating the mantra?

5 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yet the Uyghur population is increased by more than 2.5m in eight years 2008-2016? I'd call that a failed genocide or 'cleansing sterilization.'

Been for a look have we? Or just repeating the mantra?

I know thats not aimed at me, but I have been for a look a handful of times on my travels.
Truth is more nuanced - China is lenient up to a point, then cracks down.

In China fundamentalism is/was an issue, hence the crackdowns.  Low level terrorism for a number of years - bombings, mass stabbings etc.    Unlike in the West, China gives 2 poops about being politically correct, and will just ban stuff outright.   So no hand waving about "rights", if China decides wearing a burka is fundamentalist (and it has), then it ban's it.  Mosque's have been shut down and/or destroyed also in recent years, as they have been centers for fundamentalism.

https://qz.com/324805/china-has-just-banned-the-burqa-in-its-biggest-muslim-city/

https://www.newsweek.com/170-mosques-destroyed-chinas-xinjiang-crackdown-australian-think-tank-says-1589240

Within China, it's a case of don't cause trouble, and you can do what you want.  Once you start causing issues, the ban hammer comes down.   Fundamentalist Islam is perceived as a threat now at least for China's Citizen's, hence the crackdowns.

Behave like good citizens in China, you don't get the heavy hand of the state.  Cause issues, and the eye of sauron is heavily focused on you...

On 8/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Biden's admin with woke Jacobins, pinko BLM lardies, gender-fluid trannies and Antifa neo-commies has other priorities. Like running USA into ground because it is too white or something.

Sad but true.

• Like 1