News Forum - Thailand to set to ‘whip’ up new parenting rules with no-cane bill

Thaiger

In a groundbreaking move that could change the way Thai parents discipline their children, a committee is poised to introduce a “no-cane” bill to the House. If given the green light, Thailand will become only the second nation in the ASEAN region to outlaw corporal punishment, potentially marking the end of an era for its … …

The story Thailand to set to ‘whip’ up new parenting rules with no-cane bill as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I guess there will always be some families where physical punishment is meted out but my personal experiences in Thailand is that if anything Thai kids (particularly boys) are often lacking in any form of discipline.

1 hour ago, ChrisS said:

I guess there will always be some families where physical punishment is meted out but my personal experiences in Thailand is that if anything Thai kids (particularly boys) are often lacking in any form of discipline.

Yet you see almost zero tantrums

In 22 years spend a lot of time in Thailand I can't recall ever seeing a Thai kid throw a tantrum

But I do agree that a lot of Thai parents don't discipline their kids all that well

Well except my wife and MIL

They could run a frigging prison 555