Protester shot outside Bangkok police station, in critical condition

Thaiger

7 hours ago, gordo2613 said:

late last year or earlier this year when the announcement to buy the submarines from the Chinese the US sent someone out for a chat with the govt, low and behold about a week later the order was put on hold. You cant help to think the Chinese have much to gain with the current govt, conversely, surely the CIA must have their finger in the pie to swing it the protesters way?? Anyone else think this? 

Well if the Americans are getting involved now with Thailand God help the country. 

1 hour ago, thai3 said:

Could be the cop was drunk or on drugs, we just don't know the details

Could be anything . Could be he just attempted to murder somebody because he was encouraged to. Lot's of could be's but the only fact is some poor person was shot in the back of the neck by the RTP and is fighting for his life.

A doctor working in a hospitol told me her story about her elder brother. He got executed by a shot in the head in the 90s, because he gave medical help to injured protesters in a hotel lobby in Bangkok. He just graduated from the University (medicine)

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

'Shot in the neck.'

Not the back of the neck. Don't let suggestion rule. Was it by the RTP? Where does it say that?

Nothing in the Bangkok Post. Curious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poolie said:

'Shot in the neck.'

Not the back of the neck. Don't let suggestion rule. Was it by the RTP? Where does it say that?

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/protests/protester-shot-outside-bangkok-police-station-in-critical-condition

"A young protester was shot in the neck by police and said to be in critical condition, according to reports in Thai media......."

If you take a look at the Facebook page of Rangsiman Rome you will see pictures of an alleged gunman taking aim from inside the boundaries of the police station (near an entrance to the building). When going to check he found many of the CCTV cameras in the vicinity had been switched off.

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/protests/protester-shot-outside-bangkok-police-station-in-critical-condition

"A young protester was shot in the neck by police and said to be in critical condition, according to reports in Thai media......."

Exactly. Not the 'back of the neck.'  Where's the follow up? It was reported around 15 hours ago. 

Edited by Poolie

1 minute ago, cmsally said:

If you take a look at the Facebook page of Rangsiman Rome you will see pictures of an alleged gunman taking aim from inside the boundaries of the police station (near an entrance to the building). When going to check he found many of the CCTV cameras in the vicinity had been switched off.

How convenient the cams were off. That suggested it was premeditated attempted murder then by the RTP as I would assume that unless it was a member of the RTP no other gunmen would be on police premises, unless of course sanctioned to enter by the RTP or instructed by others to allow him/her access

They are utterly desperate to hang onto power, and access to the trillions of baht that likely generates for them. Using the LM and sedition laws shows how utterly intolerant of criticism these very small, very weak men are, that they need to hide behind and utilize these laws, to attempt crush the will of the people. 

The time is coming, when this will no longer be tolerated. Just wait. The army is on it's way out. It could take awhile, and it could get ugly, though it will never get to the hellish level of Burma, as the Thai parents would never, ever permit that kind of genocidal behavior from their sons.

You take out one more Thai, and you are forever disowned by this family. That is all it would take to bring about mass defections from the army ranks. That would sure be fun to witness. Are the pompous generals going to put themselves into harms way? Never. They do not have it in them, they are cowards, weaklings, and men of excessive moral degradation. 

general-prayuth-and-the-coup-in-thailand-altagreer-thai.gif

9-1.jpg

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Nothing in the Bangkok Post. Curious.

Really? Are you suggesting it is a bastion of democratic expression? Are you also suggesting that press censorship is not present here?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gummy said:

you asked this question "Was it by the RTP? Where does it say that?" .

This report provided the answer to your question

Yes. I accept that. Now how does a sniper in the police station shoot someone in the back of the neck?

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Yes. I accept that. Now how does a sniper in the police station shoot someone in the back of the neck?

No idea. But as I have had no firearms training I would suggest that the gunman pulls the trigger when he has the victim in his sights. Just a guess mind you.

In the Thai news and Tv they say Police used live amunition yesterday and not only him got shot. Riot Police was using live amunition yesterday in Ding Daeng area. It is in Thai but it is discussion right now.

<deleted content>

Edited by KaptainRob
LINK removed as per forum guidelines

10 hours ago, jimhollands said:

Was only a matter of time before this happened 

wonder what’s next …..nothing good I think 

I actually told my family during dinner watching the news. They better watch out, someone gonna get shot. And low and behold 2-3 hours later yep, someone got shot.

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Could well be more to the story. Perhaps the protester was armed and threatening to use his weapon? But what has it being after 9pm curfew got to do with it? 

It shows he was already breaking the law, wouldn’t most protestors be gone by then because of curfew at 9pm?
was he really a “protestor”? 

Edited by dj230

Maybe this is a good thing and adds fuel to spoke the fire. And judging by this is not only a one person shooting incident last night, this might be what brings the full disgust out from the Thai of had enough of the elite and J u n t a. All I seem to her in Cm is they have had way enough already, but they don't think they will get out unless things get drastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2Lotus2 said:

I have two guns. One that shoots .22 Hornet, and one that shoots .45 ACP. I'm pretty sure, were I so inclined, that I can stick the barrel of either one at somebodies "adams apple"  and  make a mark.

Why don't you old farts stop being such asshats, and get a life?

I am not old and have a life including a family and children! 

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Spin doctors working overtime, hoping it will go away, doesn't suit the squeeky clean Govt image domestically or internationally.

No, that's not odd, that's routine.

This doesn't fit that .....

In a previous post I forecast that they would start using their guns. If it was the police that unjustly started this shooting then I hope it’s not the start of something worse.

Just have to wait until further news…and hope!

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe this is a good thing and adds fuel to spoke the fire. And judging by this is not only a one person shooting incident last night, this might be what brings the full disgust out from the Thai of had enough of the elite and J u n t a. All I seem to her in Cm is they have had way enough already, but they don't think they will get out unless things get drastic.

And as we can watch in the Thai newsoutlets and Tv (first in the public news tv channel) they (Police) shot 2 protesters and used live amunition. 

5 hours ago, dimitri said:

Shot in the neck implies that he was shot from behind. That is almost always just murder.

It does. I wasn’t really analysing the shot. I was more interested in the comment relating to him being out after 9pm. The implication being he should be shot for being out after curfew! 

Even if there are only rubber bullets being used, it is obvious by now that they are not being used for crowd control. They are being used to maim and kill, probably from short range and aimed so as they cause the maximum damage.

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

It shows he was already breaking the law, wouldn’t most protestors be gone by then because of curfew at 9pm?
was he really a “protestor”? 

Yes he was breaking the law by breaking curfew. But surely you are not suggesting that justifies shooting someone in the neck? And if he wasn’t a protestor what else does being out after 9pm suggest to you that he was? 
Anyway, maybe no point to turn it in to a debate. I’m just hoping you are not suggesting he was fair game to be shot by being out after curfew.

• Like 1