UPDATE: Resigning Samut Sakhon governor receives outpouring of support

Thaiger

Earlier, the Thaiger wrote how the governor of the central province of Samut Sakhon, Veerasak Vichitsangsri, intends to resign, today. Now, it is being reported that social media is awash in an outpouring of support for the governor. Thai media reports that Veerasak, who has 1 foot out the proverbial door, has many on social media urging him to stay on as governor. One commentator wrote that Veerasak’s subordinates would lose morale if the governor resigns now. Mee Muang Suphan posted on Facebook to say, “I always support you. You have proven that you did your best.” Manosit Kunkrong wrote, […]

The post UPDATE: Resigning Samut Sakhon governor receives outpouring of support appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Veerasak added that like many other civil servants, he dreamed of working in government until his retirement, “but, today, I accept that this is just a dream, probably, because I have been too dedicated”.

And this is what dedication gets you under the Prayut regime.

I feel for the guy.  When the fish markets were first hit with Covid he was tireless.  Every day there were reports of how hard we was working for his province and people, until he caught Covid and became extremely ill.

He deserves better than he's getting, in my opinion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

feel for the guy.  When the fish markets were first hit with Covid he was tireless.  Every day there were reports of how hard we was working for his province and people, until he caught Covid and became extremely ill.

He legit locked it down and saw the cases head back to pre-thonglo levels

Much respect to the man for defeating Covid regionally and personally 

• Like 3