News Forum - Bomb blitz rocks southern Thailand: Seven injured

Thaiger

9 hours ago, AussieBob said:

By that logic of yours, killing people is OK - because no one I know has ever been killed. Sorry but that is a completely wrong logic and is irrational thinking. In fact, it is delusional mate - sorry to say that - but you are like a tourist that comes to Thailand and then decides to retire here because it was great when they visited as a tourist.  Unless they can afford to live like a tourist in an expensive hotel/resort and pay heaps for food drinks etc., then they are in for a shock when reality hits home.  

I left home country because here was far better - looks, feel, people, costs, freedoms, accountabilities, etc etc etc. Do you see many homeless here - when you realise why, then you understand a little bit and are on the way to knowing why Thailand is a great country.  

There are people on this forum that debate about Covid, Ukraine, Gaza, US Politics, etc etc. The reason is that they care and have something they want to say. Yes some go too far and it becomes habitual, like the classic dysfunctional sexpats that stays in his room and trolls on forums all day (and other 'things'), and then goes to a bar and moans to his 'mates' over a few beers. But the majority are just talking about things they care about and want to share their opinions.  Only a deluded over-educated liberal fool would see themselves as 'better' than anyone else, because they know what is 'correct' and they dont care about anything outside their own bubble. Not saying that is you - but I have met a few - it is often very sad when their bubble bursts. Those two extremes are not that common - most of us are in the middle, with the occasional visit to one or both extremes.

Getting back to trans - yes I have met a few - through work and when out and about. They seem to me to be either extremely comfortable in themselves, or constantly looking for a fight - and it looks like they all go from one extreme to the other - depending on where they are.  I believe that psychology studies have found that they are far more susceptible to drug abuse and self-harm, and that they dont have very happy lives. The modern' BS solution is to make them feel more 'normal' and to validate their existence and to even transition them before puberty so they dont have such khrappy lives. That is total BS - they have mental problems and they should be treated - not validated. 

Yes - I have daughters back home - and they have daughters too, so I know what it 'feels' like. The vast majority of people agree that trans in female sports is wrong.  The problem with those in authority who are 'liberal progressives' is that 'they' are thinking about the mentally damaged person (trans) and see validation as critical to stop self-harm. But the truth is that they are being social justice warriors and self-validating themselves - and they are not thinking about the 'harm' being done to the girls affected. That is all changing and they are going to be banned - and if that means more trans do self-harm, then so be it because the answer is not to validate them - it is to treat them.

If any male (over 18) who is gay, decides that they want to live as a woman, then they can go ahead and do that - many here in Thailand do exactly that. But they are still a male - they are just gay - and there is nothing wrong with that. If they want to transition medically to being a girl (that is a real trans), then they can do that too (if they pay for it) - but they are still a male. Men with beards who put on a dress and high heels and walk around in public demanding validation are not trans - they are gays with a mental problem.  And that point directly relates to one of the many many questions 'they' are not answering - What is wrong with being gay?? 

I don't disagree with any of that 

And I think you may have misconstrued my comment about expats moving to Thailand 

I keep up on all world/social events

And I have my opinions on them

Especially on a chat forum

I've met many board members in person from different forums and I always try to steer the conversation away from politics 

Even in the US

People see it as so divided

I travel all over the US for business 

In many red states 

I'm at conferences with people from all over the country 

There is almost never any discussion about politics at all

Honestly it's mostly an online and cable news thing

People want to talk about other things

But in real life, I just don't get too worked up over things that don't really have an impact on my everyday life

I think the whole trans thing can be quite ridiculous 

And if I had a daughter impacted, I would imagine I'd be arrested 

But I don't so I really don't worry about it too much

And it's not really comparable to murder.....that's a bit much 

13 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I don't disagree with any of that 

And I think you may have misconstrued my comment about expats moving to Thailand 

I keep up on all world/social events

And I have my opinions on them

Especially on a chat forum

I've met many board members in person from different forums and I always try to steer the conversation away from politics 

Even in the US

People see it as so divided

I travel all over the US for business 

In many red states 

I'm at conferences with people from all over the country 

There is almost never any discussion about politics at all

Honestly it's mostly an online and cable news thing

People want to talk about other things

But in real life, I just don't get too worked up over things that don't really have an impact on my everyday life

I think the whole trans thing can be quite ridiculous 

And if I had a daughter impacted, I would imagine I'd be arrested 

But I don't so I really don't worry about it too much

And it's not really comparable to murder.....that's a bit much 

I also agree with most of what you said, and I must say it is good to be able to have debates with a (mainly) lefty who does not resort to emotionally driven personal insults. Most lefties are extremely 'personal' and although TDS is not 'official' they certainly do exhibit that psychologically damaged behaviour.  I used to have a mate (RIP) who was a lefty and we would debate politics - not always - and it was an exchange of ideas.  The political divide in USA has made the political debate too personal and too argumentative. I blame the Left who started it - but Trump through it right back at them- and they hated it and ramped up the divide.  I recall when Kennedy was asked about a Report written by a Conservative Group (forgot the name) and the Report said he was the worst President of all time. Kennedy responded by quoting the Group's name, and said "no doubt that conclusion was unanimous" - the whole room laughed.

You missed my point about murder. It was that although you and I have never personally experienced a friend/family member being murdered, that does not mean that the Laws about murder (illegal etc.) are not a good thing. Same for many things - the Laws are about what you are NOT allowed to do - there are no Laws about what you must do - they are all about what you must not do.  IMO the Laws need to be changed regarding 'trans rights' - IMO trans rights should not wipe away girls rights (sports, toilets, etc). 

I have been in USA in the past (90s to early 2000s) and they never discussed politics, except in a private situation (dinner table at night). But they were always very polite and very 'indirect' - it was amazing to watch. Aussies would say 'what the pharrk are you talking about mate, of course ............' and no offense was taken. I was older and a little wiser and was advised about this before I went so I stayed out of it - but it seemed to me that they were dancing around on eggshells trying not to break anything. I guess it was inevitable that they would go from that extreme to the other, when trying to discuss politics.