News Forum - Bomb blitz rocks southern Thailand: Seven injured

Thaiger

A series of bomb blasts sent shockwaves through Sungai Padi district, in the southern province of Narathiwat province this morning, leaving seven security personnel injured and sparking concerns about the region’s escalating unrest. The attacks began just before dawn, with bombs planted strategically near power poles outside a gas factory in Kuwa Village, according to … …

The story Bomb blitz rocks southern Thailand: Seven injured as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Amazing - not one word in the story about Muslims or Islam. Seems even in Thailand it is not allowed to accuse radical Muslims of committing blatant acts of terrorism.  Not sure what the solution is down there, but from what I have seen in my over 6 decades here on this planet, if Thailand gives the Malay-Muslims the southern regions, some years later they will want more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Amazing - not one word in the story about Muslims or Islam. Seems even in Thailand it is not allowed to accuse radical Muslims of committing blatant acts of terrorism.  Not sure what the solution is down there, but from what I have seen in my over 6 decades here on this planet, if Thailand gives the Malay-Muslims the southern regions, some years later they will want more. 

That’s because it’s a news story, and NOT speculation. Responsible journalism dictates that the story is covered as the facts are presented, no matter how great the likelihood of a certain outcome of events. If want accusations perhaps you should consider reading anti Muslim editorials to feed your righteousness.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Khunmark said:

That’s because it’s a news story, and NOT speculation. Responsible journalism dictates that the story is covered as the facts are presented, no matter how great the likelihood of a certain outcome of events. If want accusations perhaps you should consider reading anti Muslim editorials to feed your righteousness.

So you prefer to bury your head in the sand rather than expose the evil in the world...?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Perhaps the perpetrators were Buddhist? or Christians? or Hindu? or Athiests? or …. Oh wait???? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Skip said:

So you prefer to bury your head in the sand rather than expose the evil in the world...?

I prefer not to work myself into a lather because the word Muslim didn’t crop up in a news story about a bombing in southern Thailand penned by a Thethaiger journalist.

41 minutes ago, Smiler said:

Perhaps the perpetrators were Buddhist? or Christians? or Hindu? or Athiests? or …. Oh wait???

It’s a frivolous thing to be outraged over. But in an age where outrage is the spirit of the times, it’s not surprising. If you want to bleat about the omission of a word- feel free. It’s just not moving the needle for me.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Skip said:

What is the article supposed to say?

It it almost assuredly Muslim separatists that did it 

But if they don't know for sure right away 

What would they write?

" It is probably Muslim separatists "

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What is the article supposed to say?

It it almost assuredly Muslim separatists that did it 

But if they don't know for sure right away 

What would they write?

" It is probably Muslim separatists "

How about... "muslims  continue their hate and terror in Southern Thailand much like around the rest of the world... wake up to the new world"

• Like 2

On 10/18/2024 at 9:04 PM, Khunmark said:

Thanks for the laugh mate - much appreciated.

Just asking for a friend - who do you think did those bombings?  Disgruntled Tourists?  People ripped off by iCON scam? For the life of me I cannot think of any other group who would have done it. I mean who has done all the bombings down there (and in Bangkok) over the years? Disgruntled protestors about Thaksin, or maybe people complaining about the Senate still being influenced by the Military, or the Constitutional Court who have banned the most popular political Party?? 

5 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Thanks for the laugh mate - much appreciated

Anytime.

I must say I feel for you Aussie Bob. You’ve uprooted your life in Oz for the Land of Smiles to free yourself from the shackles of wokeism. Only to find that wokeism has followed you to Thailand. Maybe you’ll come to realisation that it’s less to do with the place you left behind and more do to with what’s going on inside your head. Amazing that!

On 10/19/2024 at 2:48 PM, Skip said:

How about... "muslims  continue their hate and terror in Southern Thailand much like around the rest of the world... wake up to the new world"

Which I agree with you

We are on the same page for once!

I just don't think a newspaper can write that 

18 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Which I agree with you

We are on the same page for once!

I just don't think a newspaper can write that 

They can write it... they won't because they are keyboard warriors and have no backbone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skip said:

They can write it... they won't because they are keyboard warriors and have no backbone.

They won't because they didn't have the facts yet 

What you are saying is nonsensical 

On 10/20/2024 at 7:26 PM, Khunmark said:

Anytime.

I must say I feel for you Aussie Bob. You’ve uprooted your life in Oz for the Land of Smiles to free yourself from the shackles of wokeism. Only to find that wokeism has followed you to Thailand. Maybe you’ll come to realisation that it’s less to do with the place you left behind and more do to with what’s going on inside your head. Amazing that!

What a conceited statement that is - only the truly delusional liberal lefties think that anyone with an opposing view is bigoted, fascist, ignorant, stupid, etc etc. It is actually sad to think that anyone 'feels sad' for someone that has an opposing view on things.  You are just wrong saying that 'responsible' journalism dictates any bombings not be attributed to the Muslim separatists, until the matter is proven in a Court. The truth is that your woke liberal mentality feels (operative word) that to blame the Muslims would cause 'social discord' and/or lead to 'hatred' against the Muslim separatists. That is what I was referring to - but overall and by a long way - Thailand is anti-woke. That they repel illegal Muslim immigrants attempting to land in boats is a great example of a non-woke view that is realistic. Last time i happened the Thai Navy refused them entry and said 'go that way' a little further and you will find a fellow Muslim country there - and also the one you just left is Muslim too. I love that attitude - rough and hard - but fair and reasonable.

17 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

That they repel illegal Muslim immigrants attempting to land in boats is a great example of a non-woke view that is realistic

So all refugees are illegal immigrants in your book, or is it only Muslim ones? Go find out what is being done to the Rohingya in Myanmar and why they are fleeing the country.

1 hour ago, AussieBob said:

What a conceited statement that is - only the truly delusional liberal lefties think that anyone with an opposing view is bigoted, fascist, ignorant, stupid, etc etc. It is actually sad to think that anyone 'feels sad' for someone that has an opposing view on things.  You are just wrong saying that 'responsible' journalism dictates any bombings not be attributed to the Muslim separatists, until the matter is proven in a Court. The truth is that your woke liberal mentality feels (operative word) that to blame the Muslims would cause 'social discord' and/or lead to 'hatred' against the Muslim separatists. That is what I was referring to - but overall and by a long way - Thailand is anti-woke. That they repel illegal Muslim immigrants attempting to land in boats is a great example of a non-woke view that is realistic. Last time i happened the Thai Navy refused them entry and said 'go that way' a little further and you will find a fellow Muslim country there - and also the one you just left is Muslim too. I love that attitude - rough and hard - but fair and reasonable.

Not sad for you Bob,  it’s compassion. And I know, I know, you’re going to launch into some diatribe about how compassion is a trait of the woke. But, you see Bob you missed the boat. Thailand has just this year legislated same sex marriage AND has been accepted as a member of the UNHRC- can’t get much more woke than that. Whilst at the same time, Afghanistan has banned girls from obtaining an education AND made homosexuality a crime punishable by death. The only thing standing between you and a happy retirement with the Taliban is a long beard and a breathtaking lack of self-awareness.

31 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

So all refugees are illegal immigrants in your book, or is it only Muslim ones? Go find out what is being done to the Rohingya in Myanmar and why they are fleeing the country.

Anyone for any reason that tries to enter a country illegally is an illegal immigrant.  Most illegal immigrants to the west and indeed Thailand, are Muslims.  And as Cartman said - not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims. Same same all over the world. 

You could believe that the Rohingya are a peaceful oppressed Muslim minority who never did nothing wrong, or you could believe that they are a Muslim minority who came to Burma and established a 'colony' in Arakan and who fought against the Burmese in WW2 with the British, who said they would be given a State, but that deal was reneged. You could also say they have since then worked and fought to overthrow both the dominant Religion and the Government of Burma/Myanmar and become an independent Muslim State.

53 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

It’s a crazy world when, you as an individual save a life and get hailed as a hero, but your country potentially saves thousands of lives and is held in contempt.

6 minutes ago, Khunmark said:

Not sad for you Bob,  it’s compassion. And I know, I know, you’re going to launch into some diatribe about how compassion is a trait of the woke. But, you see Bob you missed the boat. Thailand has just this year legislated same sex marriage AND has been accepted as a member of the UNHRC- can’t get much more woke than that. Whilst at the same time, Afghanistan has banned girls from obtaining an education AND made homosexuality a crime punishable by death. The only thing standing between you and a happy retirement with the Taliban is a long beard and a breathtaking lack of self-awareness.

Conceit and Arrogance - not an unknown duet - in fact, quite common with the deluded ones who think their lives are complete because of their self validations. The sad thing is that when that bubble bursts one day and they realise it was all just opinion, they tend to become a problem - to themselves and others. 

Listen Mark - do yourself a favour.  If your beliefs/views make you think that you are a wholesome person with a complete and validated life, but that is actually self-delusion of the highest order - we are all a bit of both.   Thailand has it right in their balance between common sense and your western woke liberal lunacy. Gay marriage laws mean nothing to Thais or me - because here openly gay men and women are accepted everywhere in Thailand (military aside). We have a friend who is a lady boy and 'she' is a lovely person, and that she can now legally marry her boyfriend is great. But Thailand will never accept that a man with a beard wearing a dress is a woman - or that 5 year olds should be able to change their gender - or men can be allowed to play sports as a woman. That woke liberal lunacy is only happening in woke liberal countries and will never happen here. That lunacy is being rolled back in the west and it will soon be but a memory of our sordid past. 

1 hour ago, Grumpish said:

Refugees are people fleeing danger. Immigrants are people seeking a better quality of life. Let the government decide who is in what group - it’s their job. Illegal immigrants are unvetted queue jumpers who should be returned to their countries to join the queue. Allowing illegals to stay in your country and then pay them is a magnet for illegals. 

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Conceit and Arrogance - not an unknown duet - in fact, quite common with the deluded ones who think their lives are complete because of their self validations. The sad thing is that when that bubble bursts one day and they realise it was all just opinion, they tend to become a problem - to themselves and others. 

Listen Mark - do yourself a favour.  If your beliefs/views make you think that you are a wholesome person with a complete and validated life, but that is actually self-delusion of the highest order - we are all a bit of both.   Thailand has it right in their balance between common sense and your western woke liberal lunacy. Gay marriage laws mean nothing to Thais or me - because here openly gay men and women are accepted everywhere in Thailand (military aside). We have a friend who is a lady boy and 'she' is a lovely person, and that she can now legally marry her boyfriend is great. But Thailand will never accept that a man with a beard wearing a dress is a woman - or that 5 year olds should be able to change their gender - or men can be allowed to play sports as a woman. That woke liberal lunacy is only happening in woke liberal countries and will never happen here. That lunacy is being rolled back in the west and it will soon be but a memory of our sordid past. 

So it seems you are ok with trans if you are attracted to them 555

Ok, that was a piss take

But in all seriousness 

I agree with a lot of your stance with trans

My #1 issue is women/girls sports 

But let me ask you a question 

Have you ever personally interacted with a "man with a beard in a dress"?

I live in, probably, a top 10 gay friendly cities in the world , and I will see trans walking around, but I've never personally interacted with one 

Actually I did once....a massive tall and big trans at the perfume section 

She was nice but it is still awkward for me but didn't really have any real impact on my life

Even the trans in women sports 

I think it's ridiculous but I don't have a daughter so it really doesn't effect me

I'm not having a go at you

But a lot of you expats leave a place you weren't happy with to move to Thailand 

But you still seem so consumed by what's going on back home or by things that don't really happen in your everyday life

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Refugees are people fleeing danger. Immigrants are people seeking a better quality of life. Let the government decide who is in what group - it’s their job. Illegal immigrants are unvetted queue jumpers who should be returned to their countries to join the queue. Allowing illegals to stay in your country and then pay them is a magnet for illegals. 

A lot of countries are now banning refugees from holidaying back in the country that they fled

I don't even know why a refugee would be able to leave the country it fled to until their case was adjudicated

• Like 1