Afghanistan Has Fallen

9S_

9 hours ago, Tornado said:

My own commentary:

Joe Biden gave Afghanistan to the Taliban

It was owned by the Taliban until G W Bush was so stupid to invade it !!! 100.000 Afghans died by "the hands" of Bush!? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

It was owned by the Taliban until G W Bush was so stupid to invade it !!! 100.000 Afghans died by "the hands" of Bush!? 

And they elected a President, had female judges, lawmakers, journalists and girls could go to school. The popular shows in Afghanistan were those America Got Talent style shows. 

No joke a female journalist commented they just had a film festival. So sad Biden abandoned the Afghans.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

It wasn't stupidity. It was in retaliation for the Taliban refusing a business proposition from the Americans. Shortly before 911, the Taliban were flown to Washington, wined and dined, and were asked to approve a business deal allowing Americans to go into Afghanistan and build a pipeline. The Taliban refused, and they became instant enemies of America.

It's important to note that the US had no problem with the Taliban before that. They had a good relationship. The US likes to pull out the "brutal dictatorship" blah blah when they feel like bombing someone; manifest destiny ad all that. 

Also important is that Pakistani intelligence were the ones who funded the 911 terrorists, but the US didn't go in there with guns blazing. Interesting fuzzy logic involved in how they choose their enemies.

Edited by Zool
spelling
  • Like 1

Withdrawing is the right thing  to , no point in blaming either Biden or Trump, because it needed to be done . 

If you need to blame someone, blame the people who decided to go there 20 years ago

• Like 3

4 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

Nonsense. Of course we should have left long ago. Blaming trump is idiotic. The trump administration were very clear in talks with the taliban. There was no plan to immediately abandon Bagram like obiden did. 

Ask yourself why the us government did not negotiate a airbase located in a neighboring country for a duration to protect the draw down. Air power kept the useless afghan army from being slaughtered every time they were in contact with the taliban. 

Most of the afghan army is illiterate, no way of knowing if they are even in the taliban. 

The whole war was a disaster of ridiculous rules of engagement. 

Hundreds of Billions wasted trying to make tribal goat herders into a functional country is stupid. 

I seldom agree with you but this time you're on the nail.

• Like 1

Biden's snake pit admin full of wokes, BLM and other degenerates couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery. This is just the first of "has fallen" domino pieces...

• Like 1

Blinken:  Joe... Joe... wake up... Afghanistan has fallen!

Joe: huh... who's Al Hanistan?

Blinken: no Afghanistan it's a country.

Joe: No need to swear. 

Blinken: The Taliban have taken Kabul.  Now the heroin trade will flourish and China will get all the precious metals.

Joe: China? Hmmm.  Does Hunter know about this?  He needs to get a piece of the action.  Where is he?

Blinken:  He's out buying a new laptop the last two were stolen by the Russians.  And they have all the pics. 

Joe: Am I in any of those pictures?

Blinken:  Only a few hundred.

Joe: Okay tell eveyobody it's all fake news. Al Hanistan... laptops... everything.  I need to get some sleep.  I told you not to wake me up until they reopen the McDonald's play slides.

Blinken:  Yes sir when more are vaccinated they will reopen all the playgrounds.

Joe: Well that's good news.  Now goodnight. Wake me up next Tuesday.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, gummy said:

All religions are culpable. They only survived and grew by murdering those that believed something different.

But only one founder of a world religion stated-' I have been victorious with terror' Sahih a-lBukahri 2977

That is their perfect man and they follow his example.

4 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

This just keeps on getting better and better...

I don't think that will be an issue. Helicopters require maintenance. Do they have the infrastructure and expertise to keep them running? I doubt it.

• Like 2

Is it true that the official spokesman for the Taliban has a 'blue tick' twitter account whilst ex President Trumps account is suspended. 😂😂😂

• Like 2

I find it amusing that America threatened to 'bomb Afghanistan into the stone age,' little realising that that's where they were anyway. Re-arrange the mountains all you like.

Also, when they appointed all the hill tribes to form a Government and bombed their convoy, killing most of them.

Stick to the little countries, thats my advice if you must interfere.

1 hour ago, gummy said:

possibly now have an even bigger incentive to address the Taiwan issue. 

However, the Chinese leaders are smart enough to know that nothing is more dangerous than stupid people with nukes. Taiwan is safe for a while.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Fluke said:

If you need to blame someone, blame the people who decided to go there 20 years ago

Except Afghanistan now had female politicians, female judges, girls could go to school, even some female journalist was lamenting how she went to a film festival last week. 

Blame the guy who abandoned Afghanistan. The buck stops with him. Now there will be a genocide. 

21 minutes ago, Poolie said:

'bomb Afghanistan into the stone age

Jeez. Get your facts straight. We threatened to bomb Iran back to the Stone Age. There probably would have been some spillover due to the shared border but the threat was directed at Iran.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gummy said:

Well with all the high tech equipment donated to the Taliban now by the US then should they combine with the Iranians given their technical prowess and distain for the US and its pal Israel, then a shit show with Israel being targeted could be an understatement.

I wouldn't fret, Israel would fully welcome that as the opportunity to obliterate everyone around them, they are an extremely well armed nation, technically and military that their neighbours would have no chance of competing with. 

• Like 2

Just now, 9S_ said:

Except Afghanistan now had female politicians, female judges, girls could go to school, even some female journalist was lamenting how she went to a film festival last week. 

Blame the guy who abandoned Afghanistan. The buck stops with him. Now there will be a genocide. 

What you think should have happened in the future ?

The USA keeps its army there forever ?

A never ending war , Americans pay their taxes for US soldiers to die in Afghanistan and for Afghani female journalists to attend film festivals in Kabul  ?

32 minutes ago, Zool said:

I don't think that will be an issue. Helicopters require maintenance. Do they have the infrastructure and expertise to keep them running? I doubt it.

and any Blackhawk pilots? given most of their transportation seems to be bicycles with shopping baskets on the front  🤔

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

A never ending war , Americans pay their taxes for US soldiers to die in Afghanistan and for Afghani female journalists to attend film festivals in Kabul  ?

The alternative is now. Which is better?

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

and any Blackhawk pilots? given most of their transportation seems to be bicycles with shopping baskets on the front  🤔

Sell them

3 minutes ago, Fluke said:

A tad glib - it would have been a generational thing - the taliban thugs won't be around forever unless they get into power and breed the next generations to be that way. If they are sidelined for a generation or two then they become no more than a minor faction with no teeth.

Bit like Brexit, once the elderly die off in the UK, the youth (who didn't want it) will get the UK back into Europe (or whatever looks like Europe then) - it just takes the odd generation or two. 

Its the bigger picture you have to focus on.

Reverend Benroon

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I wouldn't fret, Israel would fully welcome that as the opportunity to obliterate everyone around them, they are an extremely well armed nation, technically and military that their neighbours would have no chance of competing with. 

Well look at like this. A US Commander was saying today that he thought that after 20 year of training, arming with latest weaponry , that the Afghani military would and should have been a far better match for the poorly equipped Taliban. Well look how that worked out and the problem with Israel it has too many enemies.