CCSA meets today to extend Covid measures, or ease restrictions

Thaiger

2 hours ago, Sirquest said:

I really dislike the bashing to Chinese and Russian vaccines.

They worked effectively against the original strain of the virus!

Millions of lives where saved.

Sadly, the virus changed the rules of the game by mutating.

That doesn't make their work low quality!!

Just no longer effective enough against the D variants.

In UK people get (third) booster shot of Astra zenica.

Low quality also? Probably..

And when E, F or G mutation arrives and the Moderna isn't effective enough, we call it also bad?

Perhaps we can claim free booster shots as they have a lot higher costs then the China/Russian type.

Sirquest people are dying because they are being given Sinovac. Like everything you purchase if you want quality you have to pay for the quality, Thailand decided to buy a Chinese vaccine because it was cheap. Most country's knew the Chinese vaccine was poor and avoided it some even refused to licence it, but because it was cheap the Thai Government bought it in there millions. Now the Thai people have realized how ineffective it is and some have lost there live's because it. Worse for the Thai population now they have insufficient vaccines in Quantity to vaccinate there population and will have to carry on using an ineffective unwanted vaccine. 

37 minutes ago, walker said:

Bye the way Soidog...3 covid Tests are 8000 Thb ...I just paid it last week

Thanks for the info. That’s not bad actually. £180 for 3 in Thailand and around £120 each in the U.K. (2 in total). Still brings the total to £420 for a return trip. 

2 hours ago, Nat said:

The only virus stats that really matter to me is numbers of deaths of the perfectly healthy with no previous medical conditions broken down by age group and the hospital ICU/Bed availability.

If they gave those numbers then maybe everyone might stop LARPing along with this "pandemic".

22 minutes ago, vlad said:

Sirquest people are dying because they are being given Sinovac. Like everything you purchase if you want quality you have to pay for the quality, Thailand decided to buy a Chinese vaccine because it was cheap. Most country's knew the Chinese vaccine was poor and avoided it some even refused to licence it, but because it was cheap the Thai Government bought it in there millions. Now the Thai people have realized how ineffective it is and some have lost there live's because it. Worse for the Thai population now they have insufficient vaccines in Quantity to vaccinate there population and will have to carry on using an ineffective unwanted vaccine. 

What did the Chinese use? And how many people have died there?

2 hours ago, Nat said:

The only virus stats that really matter to me is numbers of deaths of the perfectly healthy with no previous medical conditions broken down by age group and the hospital ICU/Bed availability. The Covid infections number is designed to instill fear and control.

That’s all well and good. But what do you do when all your hospitals are full of Covid patients (even if they go on to recover) and you have a heart attack, road accident or suddenly discover an unusual lump and need it checked out? If you allow Covid to rip uncontrolled then healthcare systems will be overwhelmed and full to capacity with Covid. Think of all the patients in hospital pre-pandemic and imagine the impact if non of them could receive treatment. This is the only real reason for lockdown. It’s not to save life’s directly. It’s to stop bodies piling up on the streets and car crashes (a fair few of them in Thailand) being left unattended. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

What did the Chinese use? And how many people have died there?

Brave you know as we all know those figures will never be released from Chinese media so that's a pretty pointless Question.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Soidog said:

That’s all well and good. But what do you do when all your hospitals are full of Covid patients (even if they go on to recover) and you have a heart attack, road accident or suddenly discover an unusual lump and need it checked out? If you allow Covid to rip uncontrolled then healthcare systems will be overwhelmed and full to capacity with Covid. Think of all the patients in hospital pre-pandemic and imagine the impact if non of them could receive treatment. This is the only real reason for lockdown. It’s not to save life’s directly. It’s to stop bodies piling up on the streets and car crashes (a fair few of them in Thailand) being left unattended. 

Correct Soidog in the UK our Hospitals were overwhelmed and all ICU units were full of covid patients  sadly routine opps were cancelled and now we have to wait over a year for a routine operation like a knee or Hip replacement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sirquest said:

I really dislike the bashing to Chinese and Russian vaccines.

They worked effectively against the original strain of the virus!

Millions of lives where saved.

Sadly, the virus changed the rules of the game by mutating.

That doesn't make their work low quality!!

Just no longer effective enough against the D variants.

In UK people get (third) booster shot of Astra zenica.

Low quality also? Probably..

And when E, F or G mutation arrives and the Moderna isn't effective enough, we call it also bad?

Perhaps we can claim free booster shots as they have a lot higher costs then the China/Russian type.

People have extremely short memories and unrealistic desires. Like spoiled children.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, vlad said:

Brave you know as we all know those figures will never be released from Chinese media so that's a pretty pointless Question.

The figures are out there. Will you be reading them?

Thought not.

11 minutes ago, vlad said:

Correct Soidog in the UK our Hospitals were overwhelmed and all ICU units were full of covid patients  sadly routine opps were cancelled and now we have to wait over a year for a routine operation like a knee or Hip replacement. 

Yes, I read somewhere that waiting lists run in to the millions!

I’m always saddened to see people making comments which look at such a complex and multifaceted issue through a drinking straw. Comments like lockdowns aren’t worth it as Covid numbers are low. Or vaccines don’t work because vaccinated people are still catching the virus. Even worse are the comments which state only the old and sick die of Covid.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

But India hasn't "abolished the restrictions" ?.

The drop in case numbers in India may coincide with increased Invermectin use in some states, but it also coincides with increased and stricter lockdowns in all states that had high numbers! ? ? ?

How are lockdowns working in Thailand alone? We have had these lockdowns now 5-6 weeks already and still not going down. India went from 400K to 40K in three weeks about.

https://ivmmeta.com/

63 studies and more coming every week.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

I’m always saddened to see people making comments which look at such a complex and multifaceted issue through a drinking straw. Comments like lockdowns aren’t worth it as Covid numbers are low. Or vaccines don’t work because vaccinated people are still catching the virus. Even worse are the comments which state only the old and sick die of Covid.  

Some people need to catch covid before they will ever really understand. Take heart in that they are a minority, a loud one, but very much the minority.

10 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Overwhelming majority of casualties have been over 70 and usually already with serious comorbidities. Less than 3 percent under 50. This is hysteria and moral panic combined with experimental mRNA vaccines with already tens of thousands of cases of serious side effects in the US alone. A lot of them permanent.

Add to that those woke tyrannical pygmy f***s never seeing anything else as a possible treatment. Don't mention Ivermectin or some other possible cure. No, The Vaccine is the Holy Answer, everything else is blasphemy! Burn them! Cancel them! We have to reach 80 percent vaccination rate. No it is working, we have to go to 90 percent. Why not 140 percent! Dig up the corpses and vaccinate them too!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Some people need to catch covid before they will ever really understand. Take heart in that they are a minority, a loud one, but very much the minority.

It’s sad to say, but I’m sure that’s right. There was a case a few days ago where a guy had lost his father, mother and brother to Covid in a very short space of time. The entire family (including himself) had refused to be vaccinated. Needless to say, he has now been vaccinated.  I guess these people who will not accept vaccines work will just write such stories off as just stories. Made up by multiple government agencies all carefully coordinating on a global scales a mass global panic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I agree with the suggestion that very few (if any) genuine tourists would want to go to Thailand right now. However, I couldn’t claim it’s because of expensive flights. Certainly not from Europe. I can get a return trip to Phuket with a single stop over in the Middle East for £550. That’s normal pre-pandemic prices. Plus it’s a fully flexible ticket. For Europeans it’s not the airfare. It’s not even the 14 days on the island that’s the problem. It’s the 5 PCR tests/person for a return trip that’s required. That adds at least £500 (same as the flight almost) to your “holiday” . It’s also the issue of what is open when you get there.

Thailand along with many other long haul destinations won’t see tourist numbers increase until they drop the tests for fully vaccinated and pre-flight PCR tested arrivals, along with easing lockdowns in the sandbox. 

I read today that the TAT are pressing for a 7+7 plan to allow sandbox arrivals to travel to destinations after 7 days who are operating similar schemes. They are totally out of touch if they think this will help. You have just gone through all the hoops of paperwork and PCR tests to get there. Waited in a hotel for your arrival PCR results, and six days later going to do it all again when you travel to an island like Samui or Phi Phi???

It is hard to fathom how a group of people who’s sole job is to fully understand the tourist market mindset, needs and requirements, can be so out of touch.  I’ve been coming to Thailand for over 25 years. In that time, the only time I’ve been asked to complete a survey or asked any questions about tourism was by a couple of university students doing a survey for their homework. TAT never ask for feedback to departing or arriving “tourists”. 

I am a genuine tourist in Phuket.  I also complained of the cost of all the test. but after I arrived I found the discount on the hotel more than offset the cost of testing.  For me after being here for 30 days, It’s the issue of what is open when you get here. that varies a lot by what area you are in. and is getting more restrictive after I arrived.  I am not sure all those restrictions are making anything any safer, but they are definitely destroying the sandbox. i personally would be spending a lot more money here if I could find places to spend it.  I am tired of the same Restaurant every day. the others all closed 2 weeks ago. the 3 Restaurants in my hotel are closed. No TAT or anyone have not asked me anything at all yet. being one of the first real tourist here I would think by now they would want some feedback. for the ones thinking about coming I would not recommend it right now. you will be very board.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

Does it cleanse my sins and make me pure too? The Holy Covid Nineteen! Pass the Vaccine and Praise Pfizer! ?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, smartcontrol said:

I am a genuine tourist in Phuket.  I also complained of the cost of all the test. but after I arrived I found the discount on the hotel more than offset the cost of testing.  For me after being here for 30 days, It’s the issue of what is open when you get here. that varies a lot by what area you are in. and is getting more restrictive after I arrived.  I am not sure all those restrictions are making anything any safer, but they are definitely destroying the sandbox. i personally would be spending a lot more money here if I could find places to spend it.  I am tired of the same Restaurant every day. the others all closed 2 weeks ago. the 3 Restaurants in my hotel are closed. No TAT or anyone have not asked me anything at all yet. being one of the first real tourist here I would think by now they would want some feedback. for the ones thinking about coming I would not recommend it right now. you will be very board.

Thank you for this post. It would be great to hear more from people like you who have real experience of living as a tourist in Phuket at this time. With such low numbers of genuine tourists (maybe 100-300), you would think almost all would have been asked to complete some form of survey. 

I was anticipating returning to Thailand. Is the sandbox in September. Not as a tourist but as a less restrictive way to get back without ASQ in Bangkok. However, the whole process and uncertainty, the sheer lack of anything to do when you get to Phuket and most importantly the difficulties of leaving and travelling to other parts of Thailand after 14 days has put me off. It’s looking like next year for me, hopefully sometime in January or February???

3 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Does it cleanse my sins and make me pure too? The Holy Covid Nineteen! Pass the Vaccine and Praise Pfizer! ?

No, none of that. Where did you read it will cleanse your sins?? The only thing the vaccines will do is:

1. Reduce by around half your chances of contracting the virus (even the Delta variant assuming it’s AZ, Pfizer or Moderna).

2. Significantly reduced your chances of being hospitalised or dying should you contract the virus. 

That’s it I’m afraid  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, smartcontrol said:

Many Phuket frustrations, no doubt justified too, in this excellent debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, smartcontrol and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

1 hour ago, vlad said:

What I know is they have somehow been able to keep the factories humming to supply the world with everything from rare earth metals to plastic dildos. I also know that their import of soy and animal feed has not subsided, so either millions died or they did not. Follow the money as usual...and if millions died there or overwhelmed the healthcare systems I think we would get some evidence of it.

51 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

You do understand that the vast majority of people, more than 70% I believe have no or very minor symptoms? We have 18 months of data on this already...if you are in a high risk group, take the vaccine, if not take your chances with your immune system doing its thing without the primer from the vaccine.

Why are you guys still spreading misinformation about who disease mainly targets?

53 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

and if millions died there or overwhelmed the healthcare systems I think we would get some evidence of it.

They didn’t because of lockdown and Covid restrictions ??

50 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

You do understand that the vast majority of people, more than 70% I believe have no or very minor symptoms? We have 18 months of data on this already...if you are in a high risk group, take the vaccine, if not take your chances with your immune system doing its thing without the primer from the vaccine.

Why are you guys still spreading misinformation about who disease mainly targets?

I agree, and that’s what developed countries have focused on. Start with people aged 70+ and medically vulnerable and then work your way down through the age groups

image.jpeg.bf1467ed5d7add37f6c15b1df446b4f1.jpeg

Have no fear.  Despite the fact that mask mandates, quarantines, lock downs, red zones, no alcohol policies, no eating at restaurants, no massage parlors, no bars etc doing virtually nothing here or anywhere else in the world.  They will continue to do it, because they need to demonstrate that "they are doing something" even if it was not effective before and therefore should have no reason to believe it will be effective in the future. 

The "only" protocol that has any promise is to get quality vaccines and get the population inoculated as soon as possible.  In typical government fashion, it is the one step they have pushed to the bottom of the agenda, and done the worst job in procuring vaccines. 

I guess it is easier to patrol the bars searching for elderly foreigners who during the day socialize together at home but are out for a beer together and lock them up then it is to sign a purchase order for vaccines.