Surprising number of vaccines available

JackIsAGoodBoy

1. Viral vector vaccines: Oxford–AstraZeneca, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson COVID-19), Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Convidecia (China)

Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of one virus as a vector to deliver to a cell a nucleic acid coding for an antigen for another infectious agent. Viral vector vaccines do not cause infection with either the virus used as the vector, or the source of the antigen. The genetic material it delivers does not integrate into a person's genome.

2. mRNA-vaccines: Pfizer–BioNTech, Moderna

A ribonucleic acid (RNA) vaccine or messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine is a type of vaccine that uses a copy of a molecule called messenger RNA (mRNA) to produce an immune response. The vaccine transfects molecules of synthetic RNA into immune cells, where the vaccine functions as mRNA, causing the cells to build foreign protein that would normally be produced by a pathogen (such as a virus) or by a cancer cell. These protein molecules stimulate an adaptive immune response which teaches the body to identify and destroy the corresponding pathogen or cancer cells.

3. Inactivated virus vaccines: Sinopharm-BBIBP (China), CoronaVac (China), Covaxin (India), Sinopharm-WIBP, CoviVac (Russia), QazCovid-in (Kazakhstan), Minhai (China), COVIran Barakat, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences Vaccine

An inactivated vaccine (or killed vaccine) is a vaccine consisting of virus particles, bacteria, or other pathogens that have been grown in culture and then killed to destroy disease producing capacity.

4. Conjugate vaccine: Soberana 02

A conjugate vaccine is a type of vaccine which combines a weak antigen with a strong antigen as a carrier so that the immune system has a stronger response to the weak antigen.

5. Subunit vaccines: Zifivax (China), Abdala (Cuba), Medigen (Taiwan).

A subunit vaccine is a vaccine that presents one or more antigens to the immune system without introducing pathogen particles, whole or otherwise.

6. Peptide vaccines: EpiVacCorona (Russia)

A peptide vaccine is a subunit vaccine based on any peptide that serves to immunize an organism against a pathogen. Peptide vaccines are often synthetic vaccines[1] and mimic naturally occurring proteins from pathogens. [2] These vaccines are very specific and efficient in evoking immune response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_COVID-19_vaccine_authorizations

Widespread approval: Oxford–AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Sinopharm-BBIBP (not EU/USA/Australia/Russia, elsewhere OK), CoronaVac (EU approval pending, no USA), Sputnik V (Russia, South and Central America, Middle East, India, parts of Africa)

If I had to use one for travel I would probably go with the Chinese CoronaVac if somehow available, a goold old inactivated virus vaccine. In order to comply with the stupid regulations. EU approval pending.

Edited by JackIsAGoodBoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

1. Viral vector vaccines: Oxford–AstraZeneca, Janssen (Johnson & Johnson COVID-19), Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, Convidecia (China)

Viral vector vaccines use a modified version of one virus as a vector to deliver to a cell a nucleic acid coding for an antigen for another infectious agent. Viral vector vaccines do not cause infection with either the virus used as the vector, or the source of the antigen. The genetic material it delivers does not integrate into a person's genome.

2. mRNA-vaccines: Pfizer–BioNTech, Moderna

A ribonucleic acid (RNA) vaccine or messenger RNA (mRNA) vaccine is a type of vaccine that uses a copy of a molecule called messenger RNA (mRNA) to produce an immune response. The vaccine transfects molecules of synthetic RNA into immune cells, where the vaccine functions as mRNA, causing the cells to build foreign protein that would normally be produced by a pathogen (such as a virus) or by a cancer cell. These protein molecules stimulate an adaptive immune response which teaches the body to identify and destroy the corresponding pathogen or cancer cells.

3. Inactivated virus vaccines: Sinopharm-BBIBP (China), CoronaVac (China), Covaxin (India), Sinopharm-WIBP, CoviVac (Russia), QazCovid-in (Kazakhstan), Minhai (China), COVIran Barakat, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences Vaccine

An inactivated vaccine (or killed vaccine) is a vaccine consisting of virus particles, bacteria, or other pathogens that have been grown in culture and then killed to destroy disease producing capacity.

4. Conjugate vaccine: Soberana 02

A conjugate vaccine is a type of vaccine which combines a weak antigen with a strong antigen as a carrier so that the immune system has a stronger response to the weak antigen.

5. Subunit vaccines: Zifivax (China), Abdala (Cuba), Medigen (Taiwan).

A subunit vaccine is a vaccine that presents one or more antigens to the immune system without introducing pathogen particles, whole or otherwise.

6. Peptide vaccines: EpiVacCorona (Russia)

A peptide vaccine is a subunit vaccine based on any peptide that serves to immunize an organism against a pathogen. Peptide vaccines are often synthetic vaccines[1] and mimic naturally occurring proteins from pathogens. [2] These vaccines are very specific and efficient in evoking immune response.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_COVID-19_vaccine_authorizations

Widespread approval: Oxford–AstraZeneca, Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, Sinopharm-BBIBP (not EU/USA/Australia/Russia, elsewhere OK), CoronaVac (EU approval pending, no USA), Sputnik V (Russia, South and Central America, Middle East, India, parts of Africa)

If I had to use one for travel I would probably go with the Chinese CoronaVac if somehow available, a goold old inactivated virus vaccine. In order to comply with the stupid regulations. EU approval pending.

Thanks, and - like yourself -  only when forced to take a vaccine, would I do so and it would be one based on traditional vaccine methodology (from your #3 - inactivated virus vaccine category). 

The chinese CoronaVac being the most likely candidate (that it is less effective I actually consider a bonus).  Yes, I know that it is vilified by those that want be to part of the Biggest Medical Experiment in Human History and some of the more fanatic ones even fly back to USA or Europe to get the 'newest technology' Pfizer or Moderna mRNA gen modifier.  These mRNA jabs are appropriately called 'death shots' by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko (New York MD having treated many VIPs that catched covid - look him up) because if the effects of these mRNA jabs do not kill you within 2 weeks, it's just a matter of time before they will (and we are not talking 20 years...).

2 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks, and - like yourself -  only when forced to take a vaccine, would I do so and it would be one based on traditional vaccine methodology (from your #3 - inactivated virus vaccine category). 

The chinese CoronaVac being the most likely candidate (that it is less effective I actually consider a bonus).  Yes, I know that it is vilified by those that want be to part of the Biggest Medical Experiment in Human History and some of the more fanatic ones even fly back to USA or Europe to get the 'newest technology' Pfizer or Moderna mRNA gen modifier.  These mRNA jabs are appropriately called 'death shots' by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko (New York MD having treated many VIPs that catched covid - look him up) because if the effects of these mRNA jabs do not kill you within 2 weeks, it's just a matter of time before they will (and we are not talking 20 years...).

I completely agree.

If you feel you want a shot, choose a vaccine, not Gene therapy

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

These mRNA jabs are appropriately called 'death shots' by Dr. Vladimir Zelenko (New York MD having treated many VIPs that catched covid - look him up) because if the effects of these mRNA jabs do not kill you within 2 weeks, it's just a matter of time before they will (and we are not talking 20 years...).

What is that based on? I had my second Moderna dose on May 14, 2021 and I'm still typing.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SomTum said:

What is that based on? I had my second Moderna dose on May 14, 2021 and I'm still typing.

It's based on the recent testimony provided by dr Vladimir Zelenko to the Israeli rabbinic court.  Dr Zelenko is a New York MD that succesfully treated many VIPs - a.o. president Trump - that got COVID.  He is also an orthodox Jew and devastated that the Israeli's nearly completely vaccinated their population with the Pfizer mRNA-vaccine.  Contrary to the polite testimony of dr Peter McCullough to the Texas HSS commitee, dr Zelenko bluntly refers to mRNA vaccines as 'death shots' and he explains the short-term, mid-term and long-term effects that make him use that term.  Here the link to the 1/2 hour video, but it is not for the faint-hearted > https://odysee.com/@ReelNews:8/Dr.-Zelenko-schools-Israeli-Rabbinic-court:c

I'm not going to watch a 1/2 hour video. I can't find any articles or papers by this person. What is his basis for claiming that mRNA vaccines are "death shots"? You said that was an appropriate name for them, so can summarize briefly what he's claiming and on what basis?

1 hour ago, SomTum said:

haha - where did you have it ?

35 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

It's based on the recent testimony provided by dr Vladimir Zelenko to the Israeli rabbinic court.  Dr Zelenko is a New York MD that succesfully treated many VIPs - a.o. president Trump - that got COVID.  He is also an orthodox Jew and devastated that the Israeli's nearly completely vaccinated their population with the Pfizer mRNA-vaccine.  Contrary to the polite testimony of dr Peter McCullough to the Texas HSS commitee, dr Zelenko bluntly refers to mRNA vaccines as 'death shots' and he explains the short-term, mid-term and long-term effects that make him use that term.  Here the link to the 1/2 hour video, but it is not for the faint-hearted > https://odysee.com/@ReelNews:8/Dr.-Zelenko-schools-Israeli-Rabbinic-court:c

One MD compared to how many that urge us to get a vaccine ? 

23 minutes ago, SomTum said:

I'm not going to watch a 1/2 hour video. I can't find any articles or papers by this person. What is his basis for claiming that mRNA vaccines are "death shots"? You said that was an appropriate name for them, so can summarize briefly what he's claiming and on what basis?

Nope, if you are too lazy to watch a 30 minute video of him testifying for the Israeli rabbinic court, in which he refers several times during the first 15 minutes to the mRNA gen-modifiers as 'death shots' and also explains WHY he makes that statement, I am not going to waste MY time to do your homework. 

5 minutes ago, Benroon said:

One MD compared to how many that urge us to get a vaccine ? 

I can only quote Thomas Carlyle on that one > I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

8 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Nope, if you are too lazy to watch a 30 minute video of him testifying for the Israeli rabbinic court, in which he refers several times during the first 15 minutes to the mRNA gen-modifiers as 'death shots' and also explains WHY he makes that statement, I am not going to waste MY time to do your homework. 

mRNA vaccines do not modify human genes. The mRNA instructions are processed in the cytoplasm just like regular virus mRNA. https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/how-mrna-vaccines-work

16 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

I can only quote Thomas Carlyle on that one > I do not believe in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Which translated means you cherry pick one potential nutjob and stick to it ? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Which translated means you cherry pick one potential nutjob and stick to it ? 

Yes, but I go for the coconut not the hazelnut... ?

1 hour ago, BlueSphinx said:

Can you share where he was said to be the one treating President Trump? 

Edited by dj230

28 minutes ago, SomTum said:

mRNA vaccines do not modify human genes. The mRNA instructions are processed in the cytoplasm just like regular virus mRNA. https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/how-mrna-vaccines-work

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021/05/further-evidence-offered-claim-genes-pandemic-coronavirus-can-integrate-human-dna

but this has little to do with dr Zelenko's statement...

5 minutes ago, dj230 said:

He stated that in the very first minute of the video, also mentioning other VIPs that were treated by him for covid-19.

20 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

He stated that in the very first minute of the video, also mentioning other VIPs that were treated by him for covid-19.

That'd odd, I tried finding any information for him being the one who treated President Trump and found zero which is why I asked.

So only he has said he treated President Trump?

Also "his" hydroxychloroquine protocol was found to not work in double blind placebo scientific studies. Although I will admit, prior to the studies, I myself had some hydroxychloroquine in case I got covid last year.

Edited by dj230

There is a big difference with mRNA when compared to the other types of vaccines. It is actually programming a cell to produce a protein that (hopefully) triggers a right kind of immune system response, instead of just triggering the immune response passively with killed virus or parts of it.

I'd bet it goes all haywire in some people because these are still learning how to program with the mRNA like a beginner programmer class. And that beginner class is now experimenting with billions of people! ?

36 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

There is a big difference with mRNA when compared to the other types of vaccines. It is actually programming a cell to produce a protein that (hopefully) triggers a right kind of immune system response, instead of just triggering the immune response passively with killed virus or parts of it.

I'd bet it goes all haywire in some people because these are still learning how to program with the mRNA like a beginner programmer class. And that beginner class is now experimenting with billions of people! ?

What you wrote is indeed fully correct.  But it has been successfully sold as the 'latest vaccine technology' to those that only want the best.  They think they are getting something akin to the vaccine-equivalent of the latest iPhone model, while in reality they are getting a Zeta-version of Windows that will screw up their natural immune-system (but hey, we learn while doing - sorry for the life-long inconvenience...).

2 hours ago, dj230 said:

And would you admit to treating someone who then went on to suggest you should inject yourself with disinfectant ? - as a doctor I think I would have kept that off my CV  ! 

11 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

It's an interesting paper: https://www.pnas.org/content/118/21/e2105968118

They found that a natural infection can cause genetic integration of fragments of the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid (NC) protein into your DNA. It seems like a good reason to minimize the risk of natural infection!

What implication does that have for vaccines? The mRNA in the vaccines encodes only for production of spike protein, and doesn't generate live virus. The mRNA vaccines do not trigger production of the NC protein detected in the research. I think further research would be needed to confirm that vaccinated people never infected with SARS-CoV-2 have integrated spike protein in their DNA.

Maybe someone is working on that? 

11 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

but this has little to do with dr Zelenko's statement...

I was confused by your statement "he refers several times during the first 15 minutes to the mRNA gen-modifiers as 'death shots'." I didn't realize that was some irrelevant hyperbole on your part.

So this is Zelenko's argument:

(1) "Vaccines are not effective. Two of the most highly vaccinated countries in the world, Israel and the Seychelles, are having outbreaks."

He is ignoring measures of vaccine effectiveness such as reduction of severe disease, reduction of hospitalization, reduction of death, and prevention of post-acute sequelae (long COVID). Most vaccinated people with a "breakthrough" infection have very mild symptoms that are more like a cold than a classic COVID-19 infection. So his argument is premised on disregarding these enormous benefits because the vaccines aren't perfect.

(2) "Vaccines have acute side effects of blood clots, myocarditis, and according to a recent NEJM paper, increased first trimester miscarriages."

Issues with blood clotting and myocarditis are well known and the number of events is fairly low. There are established treatment protocols for both problems.

The recent NEJM paper on risks in pregnant women (https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/nejmoa2104983) looks to require follow-up to understand the implications of the data reported by vaccinated women in the study. Since contracting COVID-19 during pregnancy is especially bad for both mother and fetus, it is an important area of research to determine which vaccine is safest and most effective for them, and the best time to take it.

(3) "In animal studies, a large number of vaccinated animals died when challenged with SARS-CoV-2 due to Antibody-dependent Enhancement (ADE)."

ADE is a major concern in vaccine development. Our real world experience is that individuals who have been vaccinated against the original spike protein are not encountering immune system overreactions when infected with Alpha and Delta; the mutations have not drifted that far. Also, I'm not aware of any evidence that vaccine-induced antibodies pose any greater risk than naturally developed antibodies when it comes to ADE. Hopefully we'll dodge this bullet by getting the pandemic under control sooner rather than later.

(4) "In the long term, vaccines damage ovarian function, reduce sperm count, increase autoimmune diseases, and according to a new paper from last week, increase the risk of cancer."

It would be useful to have references for these claims. Historically, vaccine side effects are concentrated during the first few weeks and up to six months, so it is highly speculative to claim long-term consequences. 

The one I remember hearing about in the news recently, of course, is that mRNA vaccines did not reduce sperm count in a group of men who gave "before and after" samples. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2781360 I don't know what other research has been done on this subject, but as a logical matter, why would having vaccine-induced immunity to SARS-CoV-2 affect sperm production differently than natural immunity?

(5) "If we follow Bill Gates' advice to vaccinate 7 billion people, we would kill 2 billion people."

Wow. How could anyone believe this?

I didn't take notes on the treatments he is selling as an alternative.

• Thanks 1