News Forum - Minister suspends student field trips after fatal bus fire

Thaiger

Education Minister Permpoon Chidchob has called for an immediate suspension of student field trips following a devastating bus blaze tragedy on October 1. The incident has ignited a widespread social media debate over the safety of children during such activities. Yesterday, October 2, Permpoon announced a temporary halt to study trips in state schools and … …

The story Minister suspends student field trips after fatal bus fire as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"“Field trips give children experience in exploring the world. The activity was not the cause [of the tragedy], and we should solve the problem at its root cause, which is the unsafe condition of the bus.

“Right now, the Ministry of Transport has to work on enforcing the rules.”"

The safety record of Thai buses has been abysmal for decades so I doubt very much if this were not just another case of 'making the right noises' whilst actually doing nothing as usual!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisS said:

The safety record of Thai buses has been abysmal for decades so I doubt very much if this were not just another case of 'making the right noises' whilst actually doing nothing as usual!

What did the govt do after the school massacre? I can’t recall hearing of much happening. I really hope the public forces the govt to act and not chalk this avoidable tragedy up to one bad bus company and then carry on as usual.  

• Like 2