Hua Hin aims to vaccinate 70% of local residents in time for October re-opening

Thaiger

Tourism officials in Hua Hin say the vaccination of local residents will be ramped up to ensure a planned October re-opening can go ahead. Krot Rotchanasathian from the Hua Hin Recharge project says the plan is to inoculate at least 70% of local residents, and 100% of those in the tourism sector. He adds that at this stage, over 30% of local residents are vaccinated. According to a Bangkok Post report, he is hopeful that if the October re-opening goes ahead, Hua Hin should receive around 100,000 visitors, generating over 1.2 billion baht in tourist revenue by the end of […]

The post Hua Hin aims to vaccinate 70% of local residents in time for October re-opening appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

In one month Phuket got 14K tourists, and Hua Hin expects to do 100K in three months? Ok I guess that works somewhere. Personally I hope they pull it off, but I kinda doubt it. That said if they intend to open, they will do it regardless of the vaccination rates. 

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

5 minutes ago, EdwardV said:

In one month Phuket got 14K tourists, and Hua Hin expects to do 100K in three months? Ok I guess that works somewhere. Personally I hope they pull it off, but I kinda doubt it. That said if they intend to open, they will do it regardless of the vaccination rates. 

Hua Hin is a main place for Bangkok Thai and their families to go for an escape. Easy drive for a weekend or holiday. They see it as cleaner and not like a Sodom and Gomorrah sin city by the beach. For me? I will sort of choose Pattaya but down in the Jomtien area if have a day or two only in and out with my family coming from visiting with our family at their Bangkok house. Easier to get to. Their house is down near the Bangkapi way and very close to shoot on to the express way going to the airport and then to Chonburi.

1 minute ago, Griff1315 said:

That must be October 2022 they are talking about 

Well based on the Phuket fiasco and the spread of covid there then have little faith in this being any better

"The Bangkok Post reports that international tourists visiting Hua Hin from October will need to meet the same criteria as those visiting Phuket under the southern island’s sandbox scheme. Itsara Sathapanaset from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says tourists will have to be fully vaccinated and test negative for Covid-19 prior to flying to Thailand. They will also be required to spend 14 days on Hua Hin, during which time they will be tested for the virus twice."

no one, and i mean no one spends 14 days in Hua Hin. i have lived in HH for seven years and the Bangkok HiSos  come down on the weekend and international tourists three or for days, maybe a week if you have a family and like average beaches. I could see international travelers wanting to go through hell to get to Phuket or Samui, but not HH. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

"The Bangkok Post reports that international tourists visiting Hua Hin from October will need to meet the same criteria as those visiting Phuket under the southern island’s sandbox scheme. Itsara Sathapanaset from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says tourists will have to be fully vaccinated and test negative for Covid-19 prior to flying to Thailand. They will also be required to spend 14 days on Hua Hin, during which time they will be tested for the virus twice."

no one, and i mean no one spends 14 days in Hua Hin. i have lived in HH for seven years and the Bangkok HiSos  come down on the weekend and international tourists three or for days, maybe a week if you have a family and like average beaches. I could see international travelers wanting to go through hell to get to Phuket or Samui, but not HH. 

Having to spend 14 days in HH is purgatory are all the bars closed no alcohol?  

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

. . . purgatory . . .

Purgatory? . . . I thought that was just a serious climb at the Widdop gritstone outcrop near Burnley, UK; a narrow chimney climb where one needs to be very protective of their marriage tackle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

OK I got it, Phuket is the island, it seemed easy to manage, and still it failed. How these Hua Hin dreamers will manage contamination? Not to mention, that it's usual spot for locals, not foreigners, and with red zones around... Well, not worth even talking about it. At least, Pattaya is now out of the picture. I don't understand how and why Hua Hin would be different 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Purgatory? . . . I thought that was just a serious climb at the Widdop gritstone outcrop near Burnley, UK; a narrow chimney climb where one needs to be very protective of their marriage tackle.

not entirely on topic actually not even close but follows this

there's a road in Dudley behind the Buffery park simply called "Paradise" it  used to be famous for hookers in my youth

if you were caught "behind Buffery'' people knew you had been to Paradise

right now what were we talkng about...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Lowseasonlover said:

Phuket they can lock the island down but how would they control people coming and going in HH?

i live in HH and the women here have been trying to control me for seven years. they finally put me on the blacklist.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i live in HH and the women here have been trying to control me for seven years. they finally put me on the blacklist.  

Is that politically correct?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Are you going to be giving the injections to the young ladies?

Purely as a compassionate act, naturally...

@NCC1701A

rose scandal GIF

my friend wanted me to take a photo of her getting the shot, sorry jab. 

E51pJJOUUAU20qY.jpg

• Like 2

How can Hua Hin possibly hope to vaccinate 70% by the end of Oct when Anutin has just stated it will be at least the end of the year before the Pfizer vaccine arrives in the quantity it needs.

But not factories and industrial estates???? Manufacturing alone counts for nearly half of Thailand’s GDP. We’re the ones most at risk, we work in close quarters. Not to mention manufacturing is a conduit for Thais to earn a lot more money than tourism. 

Hell my company received only a Sinovac vaccines for only 20% of our factory that employs over 1000 people. This was around the time they said they’ll phase it out in favor of AZ. Now we don’t know when we’ll receive AZ.  

Make no mistake it’s spreading across factories. A few already had to shut down temporarily. You’re screwing with many companies and countries supply chains. Focus on vaccinating manufacturing/factory workers first not tourist towns where nobody will visit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 9S_ said:

But not factories and industrial estates???? Manufacturing alone counts for nearly half of Thailand’s GDP. We’re the ones most at risk, we work in close quarters. Not to mention manufacturing is a conduit for Thais to earn a lot more money than tourism. 

Hell my company received only a Sinovac vaccines for only 20% of our factory that employs over 1000 people. This was around the time they said they’ll phase it out in favor of AZ. Now we don’t know when we’ll receive AZ.  

Make no mistake it’s spreading across factories. A few already had to shut down temporarily. You’re screwing with many companies and countries supply chains. Focus on vaccinating manufacturing/factory workers first not tourist towns where nobody will visit. 

Yes you are correct. Even my Thai friend's factory received only Chinese Sinovac well over 3 months ago. He is the owner.  He asked me if I wanted it and I said flat out no. I have another friend who is a director of another factory, but so far so good no CV-19. But let me tell you the measures they are doing are intense and strict.

May I ask what you are producing? Just keep it vague if you want to answer and where it is in what zone. Yes, I could have got the vaccine through him, but Sinovac, no way so I chose to say no to a Chinese vaccine. Now he is scrambling for another vaccine, but again he is well connected with good friends, whom some I know as well. 

The other factory that my really good Thai friend is the Direct or, well, they have had AZ for most, but are still in trouble if a single outbreak occurs. 

• Like 1

I'll wait for Pattaya or BKK scheme in 2022.  I'm guessing by then it'll be a short quarantine of maybe seven days max for those vaccinated.

Thailand WILL be opened up to international travellers in October regardless of Covid numbers.                                            The Phuket sandbox is a prime example, their positive case number cut off/cancellation point has been totally ignored and now forgotten about.

Not losing face and attempting to bring money into the pennyless country is the only thing the government is concerned about.

Who will come whilst quarantine is required on arrival is another question.

• Like 2