Covid-19 plan recruits 2,000 pharmacies in Bangkok to assist

Thaiger

A new plan has recruited 2,000 pharmacies to aid in Bangkok’s home isolation programme in order to assist in Covid-19 diagnosis and treatment. The Pharmacy Council of Thailand brought in pharmacies across the city to provide service for people isolating at home due to Covid-19 infections. The plan was put in place hinging on the purchase of 8.5 million antigen test kits the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation was arranging to purchase. Rather than allow at-risk people to spread infection by going to pharmacies to get the test kits and possibly bungle the testing process and get inaccurate test results and possibly […]

The post Covid-19 plan recruits 2,000 pharmacies in Bangkok to assist appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Test to see if you had the virus! I would of been interested in this a year ago. Since people are getting the virus while vaccinated,  what the sense other than to know if in the past you had it.  M Vaccine please

Edited by riclag

Test for what my gf tested positive and call hospital but they want 4000 baht for testing to see its reel corona. She also call to the corvid hotline for no respond. Hospital no want to see she as they had their 300 pasient that day. So there was no help at all and she really show symptoms. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, riclag said:

Test to see if you had the virus! I would of been interested in this a year ago. Since people are getting the virus while vaccinated,  what the sense other than to know if in the past you had it.  M Vaccine please

Antigen = You've got it now, Antibody = you had it in the past or were vaccinated. Effing biologists need to come up with clearer terminology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terje said:

Test for what my gf tested positive and call hospital but they want 4000 baht for testing to see its reel corona. She also call to the corvid hotline for no respond. Hospital no want to see she as they had their 300 pasient that day. So there was no help at all and she really show symptoms. 

Sounds like a worrying time for you and your gf. Thanks for this, your debut post, downbeat as it is . . . we all hope your situation improves.

Hello, Terje and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

6 hours ago, riclag said:

The test doesn't tell you if you had the virus in the past - only if you (probably) have it now.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A new plan has recruited 2,000 pharmacies to aid in Bangkok’s home isolation programme in order to assist in Covid-19 diagnosis and treatment. The Pharmacy Council of Thailand brought in pharmacies across the city to provide service for people isolating at home due to Covid-19 infections. The plan was put in place hinging on the purchase of 8.5 million antigen test kits the Government Pharmaceutical Organisation was arranging to purchase. Rather than allow at-risk people to spread infection by going to pharmacies to get the test kits and possibly bungle the testing process and get inaccurate test results and possibly […]

The post Covid-19 plan recruits 2,000 pharmacies in Bangkok to assist appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Question:

If you test positive antigen, and you survive your self isolation, there is no need to take the vaccine as you have natural immunity?

That's what the science says....right?

14 hours ago, JamesE said:

Antigen = You've got it now, Antibody = you had it in the past or were vaccinated. Effing biologists need to come up with clearer terminology.

My mistake! Thanks JamesE

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stonker said:

The test doesn't tell you if you had the virus in the past - only if you (probably) have it now.

MY mistake ,Thanks Stonker  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AdamX said:

Question:

If you test positive antigen, and you survive your self isolation, there is no need to take the vaccine as you have natural immunity?

That's what the science says....right?

Yes and no.

You have natural immunity, but the degree varies as does what variants you have natural immunity to.

Some scientists (non nut jobs) are saying that it's possible that the "new normal" may mean that you're likely to catch Covid-19 maybe several times over a few decades, but that no-one really knows yet.

They generally still strongly suggest getting vaccinated though, to cover more possibilities -belt and braces, maybe.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stonker said:

You have natural immunity, but the degree varies as does what variants you have natural immunity to.

I read some reports a month or two ago showing that the strongest immune response was seen in people who had been both infected and vaccinated. Not sure if there are any studies on the response following a breakthrough case.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

Yes and no.

Some scientists (non nut jobs) are saying that it's possible that the "new normal" may mean that you're likely to catch Covid-19 maybe several times over a few decades, but that no-one really knows yet.

They generally still strongly suggest getting vaccinated though, to cover more possibilities -belt and braces, maybe.

As long as its just a suggestion and not harassment to take take the vaccine.

Let it be a choice

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AdamX said:

Let it be a choice

As I've said elsewhere, IT  IS  A CHOICE.

If you don't want to be vaccinated, whatever your reason, that's your choice.

If I don't want to sit next to you, in the same room as you, or share a plane with you, though,  and nor do most people, then that's my / our choice.

Why should you be the only one to have a choice?

I definitely don't want to sit next to someone shedding spikes that they willfully took thinking injecting spikes is the way out of this.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1