Jump to content

Phuket man shot in leg and hit with baseball bat, police investigate


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Phuket police are investigating an assault in Patong where a man was shot in the leg and smashed in the head with a baseball bat. The Patong Police learned of the assault through a 191 national police hotline just before 6 pm yesterday following a report from rescue workers where they took a wounded man to the Patong hospital The injured man was later identified as 23 year old Teepakorn Klaewban who was later transferred to Bangkok Hospital Phuket. It was not reported what calibre bullet pierced his leg. Following the report, police returned to the scene of the crime […]

The post Phuket man shot in leg and hit with baseball bat, police investigate appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

I figure that was a warning - pay up or else.

Ya but they probably didn't think that if they shot and hurt him serious enough that he would now have a hospital bill to pay. And that will be paid first or he will not be released. Or is only what they to to foreigners and expats?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Poor Swiss National murdered. Then this incident all in less than a week.

I wounder how TAT  will sell this to overseas tour operators.

Maybe they will use the Patong Policeman, who shot the noodle seller  in Bangla Road to investigate  the incident, and promote the safety of tourist area, or maybe they can find a guy from Myanmar to pin it on.

Amazing Thailand. 

?????

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ya but they probably didn't think that if they shot and hurt him serious enough that he would now have a hospital bill to pay. And that will be paid first or he will not be released. Or is only what they to to foreigners and expats?

Well he was "transferred to Bangkok Hospital Phuket", so presumably someone can pay more than 30 baht .....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ya but they probably didn't think that if they shot and hurt him serious enough that he would now have a hospital bill to pay

It's a new business opportunity. "Sorry about your leg, but we're running a special on new loans."

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, JamesE said:

It's a new business opportunity. "Sorry about your leg, but we're running a special on new loans."

I am sure Phuket has a lot of business offers, some you don’t want to refuse. A new form of insurance, pay and you stay alive. The first rough you up is a free trial offer. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder if the true reason for the Attack will be reported as a threat as we think and these attacks are the work of a mafia threat. Doe's it real'y matter what the make of the baseball was ?? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tourist rape and murder day 1,drive by shooting and punishment beating day 2.

How could anybody not want  a holiday in upmarket Phuket.

I think I'd prefer a fortnight in Afghanistan,it's probably safer.

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone wanna wager a date on when they will drop all the rules for tourists to enter, if at all.

How far will the thais go to save face and use thai logic to try and force tourists to part with their money

As it seems to me the insurance req. was a plan that was brewing long before covid came to town..

The lesson is repeated until it is learned but we all know how stubborn some thais can be......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Ya but they probably didn't think that if they shot and hurt him serious enough that he would now have a hospital bill to pay. And that will be paid first or he will not be released. Or is only what they to to foreigners and expats?

Free for Thais (mostly). But point taken. Maybe a warning to others? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Anyone wanna wager a date on when they will drop all the rules for tourists to enter, if at all.

How far will the thais go to save face and use thai logic to try and force tourists to part with their money

As it seems to me the insurance req. was a plan that was brewing long before covid came to town..

The lesson is repeated until it is learned but we all know how stubborn some thais can be......

How far?  Well they ignored the fact that there was 108 new Covid infections yesterday.  They stated emphatically it would be safe, and if there was 90+ new cases in a week then they would close the sandbox (come it will be safe). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Cathat said:

Tourist rape and murder day 1,drive by shooting and punishment beating day 2.

How could anybody not want  a holiday in upmarket Phuket.

I think I'd prefer a fortnight in Afghanistan,it's probably safer.

Yes it has to make you laugh how people pretend that Phuket is an upmarket resort, they are totally delusional. As I said before 30 years ago it was a lovely place. That changed with all the less then honest Thais and foreigners moving there and now despite what anybody say it is no different from anywhere else. People crack on about your must be only looking at place A on the island as place B is so different. I call bullshit for that for 2 reasons. A, the people claiming that are attempting to save face as they live or stay there and secondly, far more importantly, everywhere in Thailand there are areas not so good to live in perhaps yet only a short distance away there are tranquil and beautiful areas. Same same everywhere in Thailand, Phuket being no different. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, gummy said:

Yes it has to make you laugh how people pretend that Phuket is an upmarket resort, they are totally delusional. As I said before 30 years ago it was a lovely place. That changed with all the less then honest Thais and foreigners moving there and now despite what anybody say it is no different from anywhere else. People crack on about your must be only looking at place A on the island as place B is so different. I call bullshit for that for 2 reasons. A, the people claiming that are attempting to save face as they live or stay there and secondly, far more importantly, everywhere in Thailand there are areas not so good to live in perhaps yet only a short distance away there are tranquil and beautiful areas. Same same everywhere in Thailand, Phuket being no different. 

The truth is that there are now many places all around the world that have beautiful oceans and water 'mounds' like Phuket and around Phang Nga that are now accessible through 'law-abiding' countries with international airports and high level medical services and transport infrastructure (and malls etc). They are no longer the domain of only back-packing youth - now they are available to the 'older mobs' and they are cheaper. Phuket and Phang Nga has had that competition for many years now - but they act like they are the only ones.  Back in the day when they made a James Bond movie there (1970s) they were the only ones, but that is no longer the case.     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, gummy said:

Yes it has to make you laugh how people pretend that Phuket is an upmarket resort, they are totally delusional. As I said before 30 years ago it was a lovely place. That changed with all the less then honest Thais and foreigners moving there and now despite what anybody say it is no different from anywhere else. People crack on about your must be only looking at place A on the island as place B is so different. I call bullshit for that for 2 reasons. A, the people claiming that are attempting to save face as they live or stay there and secondly, far more importantly, everywhere in Thailand there are areas not so good to live in perhaps yet only a short distance away there are tranquil and beautiful areas. Same same everywhere in Thailand, Phuket being no different. 

Yes I agree!

I first came here when the people made their money was either from tin mining or fishing. No road over the mountain from the airport. Could take you four hours or more by boat. Lol. No Chinese  or Russians. ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Escalating violence kicks off fast in Thailand. Makes Australia look placid in terms of majority of local crimes not even involving a fire arm. Hopefully I'll never experience this but knowing my luck you never know. 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 1

      in search for wood worker

    2. 7

      News Forum - Bangkok man electrocuted to death charging his phone

    3. 10

      News Forum - Malaysian influencer solicits free kebab for “being pretty”

    4. 22

      News Forum - Thailand’s taxi troubles: Tourists slam overpriced rides and shoddy service

    5. 7

      News Forum - Bangkok man electrocuted to death charging his phone

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use