News Forum - Thai student injured in playground scuffle, parents seek justice

Thaiger

A father reported that his son, a Year 8 student, suffered a severe knee injury after being thrown to the ground by a classmate, potentially resulting in uneven leg lengths. The family now faces increased medical expenses and loss of income due to the incident. At 6pm yesterday, September 12, reports emerged from Uthen, an … …

The story Thai student injured in playground scuffle, parents seek justice as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Uthen plans to file a complaint with Bang Bua Thong Police Station, citing serious injury caused by reckless play, which has affected his son’s bone growth and walking ability. He seeks accountability from the other parents for the ongoing and future repercussions of the incident."

So basically 'give me money and I will make this go away'. . . . . . Standard Thai 'justice'

• Like 1

On 9/13/2024 at 7:54 PM, ChrisS said:

So basically 'give me money and I will make this go away'. . . . . . Standard Thai 'justice'

“I want the other parents to take responsibility. This incident was caused by their child, yet they only offered 5,000 baht as compensation. It’s not reasonable given the severity of my son’s injury. If they don’t reconsider, I will pursue legal action to seek justice for my son.”

That is very obvious. What he wants is money. The moment the money is transferred to his account, the bone will immediately grow and his son will walk normally. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

What he wants is money.  

Maybe that is true... if it were your child injured by the actions of another wouldn't you want the responsible party to pay the medical bills... I hope the court compensates the bills and awards damages on top of that.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

“I want the other parents to take responsibility. This incident was caused by their child, yet they only offered 5,000 baht as compensation. It’s not reasonable given the severity of my son’s injury. If they don’t reconsider, I will pursue legal action to seek justice for my son.”

That is very obvious. What he wants is money. The moment the money is transferred to his account, the bone will immediately grow and his son will walk normally. 

Reminds me of the song by 'The Flying lizards' 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Skip said:

Maybe that is true... if it were your child injured by the actions of another wouldn't you want the responsible party to pay the medical bills... I hope the court compensates the bills and awards damages on top of that.

I full agree with you that there should be some sort of responsibility. But what about the school? What responsibility has the school taken as this happend within the school premises. Were those boys paying for a school game or tournament? Or were they training under the superison of the school coach? What actions has been taken from the responsibiliy of the school? As such the article is not clear and there are many unanswered questions. 

• Like 1