Laptop Rebuild Needed in Pattaya - Recommendations Please

Pinetree

I have a very expensive, when new, HP Gaming Laptop that for various reasons needs a rebuild. I have tried a few computer shops that have managed to make things worse not better, Can anyone recommend a reputable IT nerd/techy,  in or around Pattaya, that could do the job?  PM me if you don't wish to use the normal posting.  Thanks in advance. 

58 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

I have a very expensive, when new, HP Gaming Laptop that for various reasons needs a rebuild. I have tried a few computer shops that have managed to make things worse not better, Can anyone recommend a reputable IT nerd/techy,  in or around Pattaya, that could do the job?  PM me if you don't wish to use the normal posting.  Thanks in advance. 

I used to do full rebuilt for friends laptops and with files and data recovery, and would usually take 500 EUR for the job

anything less is going to be random by the usual IT suspects

learn, it's not that hard to rebuilt, create a USB stick with a Windows 11 image from microsoft website, it's free

You boot with the USB stick and follow the instructions,

the HP laptop will have a built-in license for Windows 11, so nothing to pay extra for Microsoft license, it will activate automatically

if there is need for data recovery, or personal documents, that's when things can get expensive

if everything is already backed up in a different drive, then the rebuilt is just an easy re-install

the problem is IT guys in Thailand keep putting bootlegs version of Windows with virus and Trojan Horses

also, your laptop might have a recovery partition, to re-install everything from scratch

to have to boot and press F8 for a few seconds and it should send you to a special menu for recovery

again, all these easy answers are on Google, here is a good start

https://www.wikihow.com/Get-to-the-Boot-Menu-on-Windows

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

Take it you've already been to Tukcom Pinetree Bud?.

2 minutes ago, 23RD said:

Take it you've already been to Tukcom Pinetree Bud?.

If its Tukcom, I need a recommendation as to who there can do the job reliably, they're not all good, as I have found out previously   

I have a very expensive, when new, HP Gaming Laptop that for various reasons needs a rebuild.

What do you mean by a rebuild? Hardware problem or software problem? Symptoms? 

Edit: maybe install & run this freeware to clean the accumulation of crap out of your system and fix “stuff”. It often helps, speeds operation up and I’ve never known it to harm a system. YMMV

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner 

16 minutes ago, Fanta said:

What do you mean by a rebuild? Hardware problem or software problem? Symptoms? 

Edit: maybe install & run this freeware to clean the accumulation of crap out of your system and fix “stuff”. It often helps, speeds operation up and I’ve never known it to harm a system. YMMV

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner 

Hardware

1 minute ago, Fanta said:

So what is the hardware problem. Symptoms? 

Fan, drives, keyboard 

33 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

If its Tukcom, I need a recommendation as to who there can do the job reliably, they're not all good, as I have found out previously   

You can say that again. 

Fan, drives, keyboard 

it's dead, you will have to throw it away, and get the hard disk for all your data

gaming Laptops tend to overheat, in particular Thailand

is the GPU also dead?

I agree with those saying do it yourself. Watch a few videos on youtube and learn how to dismantle and reassemble your laptop. If you dont have a second laptop - get a cheap used one - always worth having another laptop (I have 3). There is lots of good advice on yourtube these days - step by step instructions. I buy parts online through Lazada - only using those that have a 'shop' and have lots of 5 star ratings and cash on delivery.

Well thanks to everyone commenting and not answering the question asked. I'll find a reliable  techy another way. 

• Haha 1