May​weather vs Gotti III Fight

NonThaiKiwi

Posted (edited)

Although this was just an exhibition fight in Mexico, what a joke it was. 

If I had been a paying attendee expecting something worthwhile watching,  it would have been better to stay at home. 

The other bouts before the main card had a lot more going for them with the main co-event being the highlight. 

Mayweather at 47 is showing his age. He still has some moves but never really got going.  Only 8 two minute rounds with a big hissy fit towards the end of round 2.  Mayweather complaining about the referee. 

After about a minute of stoppage a new referee took over. 

John Gotti the Third in pre bout advertising declared this was a blood match, due to what he believed was an unfair stoppage the last time these two met.

Although Gotti was the bigger (In stature) he never really did much.  His corner constantly giving him advice at the break while he sat on his stool with a glazed look in his eyes. 

Perhaps if Gotti actually threw some bombs then one of them may have landed. Mayweather wasn't as elusive as he once was and was there to be hit. 

Overall Mayweather was the better boxer and Gotti was an embarrassment.  He just looked like a big dumb giant.  I was expecting more. 

Mayweather doesn't need the money so I wonder why he is still getting into the ring.  I believe he should retire gracefully but continue with his coaching and support of boxing academies. 

I now wonder if we will ever see the Gypsy King Fury again.  He was well beaten by Ursk in his last bout. 

Edited by NonThaiKiwi
  • Like 1

Mayweather very good at not getting hit. Gotti very good at not hitting.

I was kind of hoping McGregor would knock him out back then, but alas…

11 minutes ago, BigHewer said:

Mayweather very good at not getting hit. Gotti very good at not hitting.

I was kind of hoping McGregor would knock him out back then, but alas…

But Mayweather is nowhere near how elusive he once was.  It use to really piss me off at how damn good he was.  You never knew if he could take a decent punch as no one could touch him. 

Canello threw some big bombs BUT by the time they were out there Mayweather had moved out of the way. If one or two landed I think it would have been lights out. 

McGregor... Well just too cocky.  Great at MMA tho. 

Remember Prince Nasim?  Another rubber boxer whom no one could hit, until his last fight where he lost. He went crying off home never to be seen again.  

He was good but again got too cocky and finally got put in his place. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NonThaiKiwi said:

But Mayweather is nowhere near how elusive he once was.  It use to really piss me off at how damn good he was.  You never knew if he could take a decent punch as no one could touch him. 

Canello threw some big bombs BUT by the time they were out there Mayweather had moved out of the way. If one or two landed I think it would have been lights out. 

Remember Prince Nasim?  Another rubber boxer whom no one could hit, until his last fight where he lost. He went crying off home never to be seen again.  

Agreed on all points. If Cancelo had fought him a couple of years later, the result might have been different I think, but we’ll never know.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NonThaiKiwi said:

A good boxing MMA fighter still can't stand up to a good boxer, when it comes to boxing

Francis Nagaunnea being the last MMA guy getting handled easy

Oh and vice versa

McGregor would have gotten knocked out by any legit boxer that threw more than Mayweather 

By the way

When you said "Gotti" I thought you were talking about Arturo Gatti but he's been dead for years now 

• Like 1