Ferry between Pattaya and Hua Hin permanently cancelled

Thaiger

It was packed when I went. I asked twice if I could take a bicycle. I had a friend ask in Thai. Then the captain treated me like a criminal and they would not give a refund. I basically had to sell it to someone showing up after it sold out. It was my first time in Thailand and looking back after yearly visits since it is shocking how rude they were to customers. My experience here since makes it really odd in retrospect. If they treated customers like that it's no surprise it wasn't popular. I was actually researching it to see if they wisened up and allowed bicycles like every other boat, bus, etc.

On 8/12/2021 at 7:22 AM, EdwardV said:

Another permanent casualty of the on again, off again lockdown model. The only difference is the ferry series is big enough to get noticed. Hope the government can do more to help those who are too small to get a story written about them. 

Realistically this had little to do with Covid the ferrite service was in deep trouble before the pandemic. The operator has just decided to cut its losses by getting out of the contract so they don't have to restart the service after things open up again. I suspect that another operator may restart the service once tourism is back in a year or two with a smaller faster service. More trips per day with a smaller vessel might be a profitable model the two vessels they ran on the route were too slow and too big. 

30 minutes ago, MikeV said:

It was packed when I went. I asked twice if I could take a bicycle. I had a friend ask in Thai. Then the captain treated me like a criminal and they would not give a refund. I basically had to sell it to someone showing up after it sold out. It was my first time in Thailand and looking back after yearly visits since it is shocking how rude they were to customers. My experience here since makes it really odd in retrospect. If they treated customers like that it's no surprise it wasn't popular. I was actually researching it to see if they wisened up and allowed bicycles like every other boat, bus, etc.

Bicycles were not allowed on board .

Did you think that the rules didn't apply to you ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Fluke said:

Bicycles were not allowed on board .

Did you think that the rules didn't apply to you ?

I asked before buying the ticket. I was holding the bike and pointing to it while inquiring.  They said yes 3 times and once in Thai to my friend who called for me. Can you literally not read? 

Stop trying so hard to be a smartass and read before you reply.

Edited by MikeV

1 hour ago, MikeV said:

I asked before buying the ticket. I was holding the bike and pointing to it while inquiring.  They said yes 3 times and once in Thai to my friend who called for me. Can you literally not read? 

Stop trying so hard to be a smartass and read before you reply.

Yes, you stated that you asked three times if you could take your bike aboard . 

You didnt say that they said you could take the bike aboard, you just said that you asked whether you could take it aboard three times  and their reply wasnt stated 

Just becuse Royal Passenger Liner, Ltd has cancelled, does not mean another company will start up an operation. 

Nothing to do with mayor of Pattaya other than City collecting money for their space at Bali Hai pier AFAIK

Edited by ExpatPattaya