Extension update at Udon Thani today

For those of you who use Udon Thani immigration I thought I would just give an update on my visit today. It was marriage extension time and lo and behold when walking in I could not see "limp Wrist" . Those that use that office will know exactly who I mean. What a breath of fresh air it was with him/it not being there, the staff were smiling and chatty and all very relaxed just like it used to be before he arrived. I mean it must be awkward for them and embarrassing when you have a more senior person belittling some of the juniors in front of the general public, no wonder the office felt more like a morgue due to him.

Anyway he wasn't there, processing the paperwork for my marriage extension was around an hour with absolutely no hassle. I would be interested to here from any others when they visit the Udon office and advise whether limp wrist was there or not - hopefully he has been moved out for good as he was the worst thing that happened to what was usually such a friendly immigration office prior to his arrival.

54 minutes ago, gummy said:

hopefully he has been moved out

Hopefully for all those in Udon Thani, he is not self isolating. I just hope he has not moved to CM.

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Is this the guy who used to sign off the extensions, sat at the back at the desk outside the boss's office?

Yes quite often although he did sit at the front sometimes, first desk . 

1 hour ago, gummy said:
10 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Is this the guy who used to sign off the extensions, sat at the back at the desk outside the boss's office?

Yes quite often although he did sit at the front sometimes, first desk . 

In that case, he was the guy I had a run-in with last year when a Swiss cyclist was staying with us trying to extend his visa. Read on:

It took three visits including my wife coming with us. My wife first made two phone calls to BKK Immig who both times said the guy could extend his Covid visa in Udon.

Being a smart-arse, I got my wife to fill in a TM30 first, to register my Swiss friend as living in Udon (staying at our house) so that he could apply at Udon Immig.
The TM30 had to go to the guy on the 90 day desk. He told my wife she also needed to sign an affidavit (but a specific Immig version)
We had to go and find an office which supplied them. (This had never happened in the past when I'd done it for myself). Came back with the signed paperwork, submitted it, and got a receipt for the TM30.

Applied for the extension. Paperwork went to Limp Wrist for approval, who said said no. Wife told LW that BKK said the guy could extend his Covid visa in Udon.
After my wife said this, LW changed his story and said he could extend it, but only if Chiang Mai - where the Swiss guy originally had the visa issued - would agree to it.

We went home. Next morning wife phoned CM immg. Spoke to the boss there who told my wife that of course the Swiss guy could extend it in Udon. Wife said LW told her we needed CM permission first, to which CM boss asked my wife if LW at Udon was stupid.

Three of us went to Udon for the third time. Wife told LW (diplomatically) that CM had no objections to Udon extending the visa.
Next tactic: LW wanted to speak to CM to confirm it. He wasn't prepared to call CM himself, but demanded my wife call them on her phone. She redialled CM. Fortunately the CM boss himself answered the phone. She said LW wanted to speak to him and gave LW her phone.
All we heard at the Udon end was "Krap, krap, krap" all the time. LW ended up extending the visa (at no charge).
I remember he said, "เสร็จแล้ว" (It's done), without looking up at anyone. Loss of face for him.

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

In that case, he was the guy I had a run-in with last year when a Swiss cyclist was staying with us trying to extend his visa. Read on:

It took three visits including my wife coming with us. My wife first made two phone calls to BKK Immig who both times said the guy could extend his Covid visa in Udon.

Being a smart-arse, I got my wife to fill in a TM30 first, to register my Swiss friend as living in Udon (staying at our house) so that he could apply at Udon Immig.
The TM30 had to go to the guy on the 90 day desk. He told my wife she also needed to sign an affidavit (but a specific Immig version)
We had to go and find an office which supplied them. (This had never happened in the past when I'd done it for myself). Came back with the signed paperwork, submitted it, and got a receipt for the TM30.

Applied for the extension. Paperwork went to Limp Wrist for approval, who said said no. Wife told LW that BKK said the guy could extend his Covid visa in Udon.
After my wife said this, LW changed his story and said he could extend it, but only if Chiang Mai - where the Swiss guy originally had the visa issued - would agree to it.

We went home. Next morning wife phoned CM immg. Spoke to the boss there who told my wife that of course the Swiss guy could extend it in Udon. Wife said LW told her we needed CM permission first, to which CM boss asked my wife if LW at Udon was stupid.

Three of us went to Udon for the third time. Wife told LW (diplomatically) that CM had no objections to Udon extending the visa.
Next tactic: LW wanted to speak to CM to confirm it. He wasn't prepared to call CM himself, but demanded my wife call them on her phone. She redialled CM. Fortunately the CM boss himself answered the phone. She said LW wanted to speak to him and gave LW her phone.
All we heard at the Udon end was "Krap, krap, krap" all the time. LW ended up extending the visa (at no charge).
I remember he said, "เสร็จแล้ว" (It's done), without looking up at anyone. Loss of face for him.

That's him to a tee, a total prat , full of himself whose main purpose in life appears to be as awkward as he can to customers and nasty to the staff. Let's hope I was not just lucky he wasn't there yesterday but gone for good.

1 minute ago, gummy said:

That's him to a tee, a total prat , full of himself whose main purpose in life appears to be as awkward as he can to customers and nasty to the staff. Let's hope I was not just lucky he wasn't there yesterday but gone for good.

I've been in twice, end of July and this week too. He wasn't there either of those times, as I was slightly apprehensive he might have remembered me.

4 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

I've been in twice, end of July and this week too. He wasn't there either of those times, as I was slightly apprehensive he might have remembered me.

Let's hope we are lucky and they have shipped him out to pastures new.

13 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Forgot to mention that early last year he became the proud owner of a black C class but I didn't notice it when I went for my previous 90 day report, but thought nothing of it and had no reason to look if he was in the office. Obviously it wasn't there yesterday either. I just hope he has moved to a busier office somewhere where there are more people willing to use agents  so that his "commission" keeps up with his finance installments in these hard time ?