News Forum - Thailand’s unemployment drops, but Bangkok sees increase

Thaiger

Thailand has experienced a notable decline in its overall unemployment rate from May to June, except Bangkok, as revealed by a recent survey conducted by the National Statistical Office (NSO). The NSO reported that the number of unemployed individuals decreased to 379,000 in June, down from approximately 482,000 in May. This survey encompassed the working-age … …

The story Thailand’s unemployment drops, but Bangkok sees increase as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"“Despite a marked drop in unemployment in general, university graduates make up the largest group of unemployed."

'

'

Could that be because (as in the west) they are entitled twats who feel they should walk straight into a management position?

• Like 1

"“Despite a marked drop in unemployment in general, university graduates make up the largest group of unemployed."

Could that be because (as in the west) they are entitled twats who feel they should walk straight into a management position?"

Wow; what a sweeping, ignorant accusation!  I am a full career UK Veteran and have helped put one daughter through UK university and will be putting my youngest through a Thai university - no-one entitled in this family.

1 hour ago, Painted_Dragon said:

put one daughter through UK university and will be putting my youngest through a Thai university - no-one entitled in this family.

I have also had one son and 1 daughter go through university in the UK and a second son currently doing a NHS sponsored university degree as a paramedic as the London Ambulance Service where he is currently working have now decided that to become a paramedic you must have a degree (despite his been doing the job for 4 years). I am sorry if my remarks were a little off hand but HAVE found that MANY (though clearly not all) university graduates do have over inflated views of their worth to a business and are not prepared to start at entry level and work their way up.

On 8/17/2024 at 7:20 AM, ChrisS said:

'

'

Could that be because (as in the west) they are entitled twats who feel they should walk straight into a management position?

I don't find that with any of the recent graduates I know in Thailand 

Or the ones I deal with in Canada because of my job

On the contrary, I think kids these days are so far smarter and prepared to work out of University than my generation was

As for the Thai University unemployed 

All I'd say on that is working a regular corporate job out of University in Thailand is an absolute grind

They work extremely long hours with very little time off .....

So a lot of them may be looking at different avenues.....